• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Diaper hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverSmall

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Are abena and molicares that much better than depends. Ya they are much better diapers but what is the point of wearing the same diaper for 8 hours plus?If I am going out in public I change within 2 hours after I wet. Whould it make more sense to wear depends max protection to college or buy abena online? Depends seem good enough.

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I'd say abena's probably aren't great for walking around college.... more like toddle around college with those things... I'd say the thicker diapers are more for night time use.

Though, the last time I tried depends... I was not very impressed with them. But that was a few years ago.

I'm more of a night time wearer anyway though, so I'm not well versed in what would be appropriate to wear walking around all day. I'd be afraid depends would leak though...

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
Well the hype of Abena or Molicares is for overnight use definately! I only wear at night myself and an Abeana Abri-Form X-Plus with an Abri-Let Maxi booster is my diaper of choice. That being said, the Abean Pull ups are great too. The Abean Pull-ups could easily be worn under clothing without being noticed, and are much more absorbant than depends. Try a sample pack, you won't be sorry.

-Gus

B

Butterfly Mage

It's not hype. Molicares and Abenas really are vastly superior. They absorb about 4x more than Depends.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Are abena and molicares that much better than depends.[/quote

Yes. Though Depends have their attributes... They're cheap, and they take well to a stuffer.

If I am going out in public I change within 2 hours after I wet.
That can be a chore. I spent last weekend in NYC and was on foot (or doing things) for 8+ hours at a time, and changing every two hours out in public would've been a pain. After two hours in an Abena, it's only been wet once usually, and will take much more. Regardless, I'd rather feel secure compared to testing the limits of a Depend. A leak would really suck. ;)

Also, I disagree with relegating Abenas and the like to nighttime only. Unless you're into tight jeans and belly shirts, most clothing will cover up any sort of bulge, and they definitely won't make you waddle. I've worn them everywhere... School back in the day, out with friends, work, etc. Nothing a relaxed pair of jeans can't conceal, and they're considerably quieter than Depends too.

If you haven't tried them, but have tried Depends, get the Abenas. They're about as good as you can get for an adult diaper, and you'll be able to form your own opinion. Don't forget that Abena also sells the Super and Extra, which are thinner than the X-Plus, but still immensely better than Depends.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I like the Attends six tab and a stuffer...they hold alot more then a depends max with a stuffer, and yet dont chaff me like the abenas i had .

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Those 'super pricey online' diapers are NOT over hyped in my opinion. They really are far superior to Depends, plain and simple.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I like the Attends six tab and a stuffer...they hold alot more then a depends max with a stuffer, and yet dont chaff me like the abenas i had .
Yep, Attends with a doubler or stuffer work quite well, and still look, fit, and feel like a baby diaper, which is why I like.

What kind of stuffer do you use? I've found the Abena Abri-lets go well with Attends.

Ch3stersGhost

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Those 'super pricey online' diapers are NOT over hyped in my opinion. They really are far superior to Depends, plain and simple.
That's what I've heard alot. Molicares are definitely the best imo.

Role
Diaper Lover
Yep, Attends with a doubler or stuffer work quite well, and still look, fit, and feel like a baby diaper, which is why I like.

What kind of stuffer do you use? I've found the Abena Abri-lets go well with Attends.
I too enjoy an Attends with a doubler. However, I really prefer the bulk of the Abena. I have also treid wearing an Abena X-Plus with a doubler and it was too thick if that's possible. I wasn't able to lay on my side with my legs closed, it hurt too much.

Cole

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
So far i have only tried the boost stuffers and they work , yes i do love how an abena x plus feels...they chaff me way to bad for me to wear.

B

Butterfly Mage

I tend to use Molicare for the same reason -- Abenas can chafe. The Molicares are almost as absorbant and totally blow away Depends/Attends. For some reason, Depends always feel unconfortably hot after a while too, and that's no fun.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Carer
I have to agree with NEJay regarding the Abenas in public during the day: nobody's going to notice. Just wear jeans with a longer shirt. You'll be fine.

And as to whether they're superior or it's hype...I haven't bought Depends in 10 years since my very first package. *grin*

For me the best ever was the old Attends with the blue tapes. Nowadays it's the Abenas or Bambinos. Good stuff.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I just recently grabbed a new bag of Depends Max protection from Wal-mart.

They are comfortable... but I'd rate the absorbancy a 2... where 1 = pissing your pants and Bambino = 10.

A single wetting was all these things can take... and it wasn't a flood or anything (I don't have the bladder capacity to flood anymore).

If you are going to be out in public... get something more capable.

I find it reassuring to know that my Bambino can last for 8-12 hours. It means I only have to change at work once... and if I am away from home I don't have to worry about finding a public restroom to change in either.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think you have to look at the total cost of wearing as well. If you pay the retail price for Depends, $14.99 or so for 18-20 and you change every couple of hours that can add up quick. You can get a case of 96 Abena Supers of about $80. Your cost per diaper is very close and They last 4 times longer. You also have piece of mind that your chances of leaking are far less.

Role
Diaper Lover
I don't think they're over-hyped, but probably overkill. I usually wear depends max and they last me a few hours just fine, and i drink a lot of water. Throw in a booster and it's even better.

A

annierighthurr

For what it's worth, I don't really wear thicker diapers for the fact that they last longer, but more so because I enjoy the feel of the extra bulk and thick diaper. Yeah, it's somewhat of a waste, but I don't wear enough for it make a difference.
So if you feel like you would enjoy the feel of a thick diaper, nobody is forcing you to stay in it and wet it more then once or twice. I used to feel guilty when I'd put an Abena or Bambino on and only use it once or for an hour or whatever, then take it off, but honestly, I grew out of that because heck I am the one paying for it after all.
But if you like the feel of thinner diapers, and some people do, or if you don't care about the overall thickness and you know you'll be changing every few hours regardless, Depends work just fine.

But my personal opinion is, give them a shot before you decide they aren't worth it.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
I don't think they're over-hyped, but probably overkill. I usually wear depends max and they last me a few hours just fine, and i drink a lot of water. Throw in a booster and it's even better.
Overkill? That is total gibberish. You would understand better if you truly needed them.

Honeywell6180

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
For what it's worth, I don't really wear thicker diapers for the fact that they last longer, but more so because I enjoy the feel of the extra bulk and thick diaper.
I agree with this statement. I'm wearing a diaper... I want it to feel like I'm wearing a diaper. I don't particularly enjoy the paper-thin ones like Attends or Depends.

On a side note... I got in a case of the Abena extras over the weekend, they seem really nice so far. Bulky, and nice... plus they don't have tape problems like the X-plus does.

Status
Not open for further replies.