Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleSnep

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Today was my first time trying diapers, I got a Rearz sample pack from Amazon as a tester. I have some questions. Any help or input would be appreciated, I really am at a loss here. My Daddy and I are LDR right now (for school) as well, so he cannot help me much, plus he isn't the most experienced with diapers, so we're trying to figure it all out together.

So, first of all, I got a medium because I have 36" hips and I'm not sure how it is supposed to feel, so I don't know if they're too big or not. I feel like they are way to puffy for in between my legs though. When I try to sit, the leg holes press against the joint where my legs meet my hips and causes a bit of pain. When I stand, I can easily put a hand between the joint and the diaper, so the problem is mostly when I sit. The waist band is also super gappy, but since I'm not at the stage of using my diapers yet, I don't really think that's a problem.

Is there a possibly that I just need to adjust the diaper a certain way to stop/prevent the leg pain? Or is it a size issue or just something common to diapers? Thank you in advance for anyone that chimes in. Again, any advice would be really appreciated.

If the leg openings are cutting into you, it's definitely being tried too tight. The leak prevention doesn't come from a tight seal, it comes from the leak guards containing liquid for the few seconds it takes to absorb. Same goes for the waist opening, it's not supposed to be a airtight seal, just as long as the diaper isn't falling off.

My advice to you is to buy a pack of cheap diapers (abena m4, depends, tranquility atn) and practice with those. It's a lot easier to experiment with the fit in a diaper that only costs 50 cents.

Also cloth backed disposables have refastenable tapes to help you get the right fit. That's what I use all the time. Northshore has free samples. Give them a try!

Thank you both of you!

Irnub, I'll take that into consideration, it would be nice to have cheap practice one to learn to put them on with.

Thank you, Scaramouche! I'll check those out for sure! These Rearz have a plastic tab and plastic fixing area, so they are somewhat refastenable, but Northshore is definitely worth a look.

I think this will be much easier when I don't have to put them on by myself. ^-^

I'm also fairly new to adult diapers it takes some getting used to try in to find what's comfy and what things you like about a certain brand for instance I like how rearz is super thick while the Abu kiddo is really soft hope you find out what size you need each one is a lol different so smart choice on getting the samples

38" is getting up there for size medium, I would suggest you go with large. Better too big than too small.

Attach the upper tapes a little tighter, and the lowers a little looser. Try to get the tapes to pull in-line with the leg elastic, but not too firmly. Remember that the first tape will tighten up when the send is put on, so put the first lower tape on a little looser than you think it should be, and let the other side snug it up a bit.

This album may be helpful for you: https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1929

LittleSnep said:
Today was my first time trying diapers, I got a Rearz sample pack from Amazon as a tester. I have some questions. Any help or input would be appreciated, I really am at a loss here. My Daddy and I are LDR right now (for school) as well, so he cannot help me much, plus he isn't the most experienced with diapers, so we're trying to figure it all out together.

So, first of all, I got a medium because I have 36" hips and I'm not sure how it is supposed to feel, so I don't know if they're too big or not. I feel like they are way to puffy for in between my legs though. When I try to sit, the leg holes press against the joint where my legs meet my hips and causes a bit of pain. When I stand, I can easily put a hand between the joint and the diaper, so the problem is mostly when I sit. The waist band is also super gappy, but since I'm not at the stage of using my diapers yet, I don't really think that's a problem.

Is there a possibly that I just need to adjust the diaper a certain way to stop/prevent the leg pain? Or is it a size issue or just something common to diapers? Thank you in advance for anyone that chimes in. Again, any advice would be really appreciated.

First, try several different brands of diapers. They all fit everyone differently, so some trial and error is always necessary. That said, diapers are supposed to feel fluffy and even a little bit loose in the middle. This gives them enough room to expand when wet without splitting the diaper open or ripping off the tapes.

You should not have a really tight fit around your legs though. They will be slightly more tight when sitting, but shouldn't be that tight. While standing, tape them on so you can easily get just 1 or 2 fingers under the leg bands. You should also be able to get 4 fingers under the waist band (near your belly button) without sucking it in too. Experiment with different taping positions, and even angling the tapes up or down too. If that doesn't work then move on to a different brand and try again.

bambinod said:
38" is getting up there for size medium, I would suggest you go with large. Better too big than too small.

Attach the upper tapes a little tighter, and the lowers a little looser. Try to get the tapes to pull in-line with the leg elastic, but not too firmly. Remember that the first tape will tighten up when the send is put on, so put the first lower tape on a little looser than you think it should be, and let the other side snug it up a bit.

This album may be helpful for you: https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1929

I'm not able to look at albums, can you attach the pictures directly to a post, or give an outside link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back