Diaper Front Leaks

• Thread starter Deleted member 62308
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 62308

Not sure if anyone else has this problem. Basically even before my whole diaper is full, the front part will fall/sag down and get the front of my shirt/pants wet. It should stay up close to my bellow buttonish but falls all the way down to my waist pretty much. Has anyone had this issue + any solutions or ideas?

Reactions: BunnyFofo

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Baekho said:
Not sure if anyone else has this problem. Basically even before my whole diaper is full, the front part will fall/sag down and get the front of my shirt/pants wet. It should stay up close to my bellow buttonish but falls all the way down to my waist pretty much. Has anyone had this issue + any solutions or ideas?
I’ve saturated up to that point that it flows out the top, but I also generally wear my adult diapers a little smaller and lower, due to my belly. I’m not terribly overweight, but I have the odd shape of… well… Gru. I have a fairly trim pelvis and a muffin top adorned dad-bod. At a 36in waist in jeans, I still wear a small Megamax and medium in most everything else.

Oh, and I always point down… assuming I’m speaking to a penis owner.

If you can, maybe consider a size down. I’ve never liked diapers up to my belly button, but that’s because it would cause the exact problem you’re describing.

If you can’t size down, try folding over the top of your diaper. It’s actually designed to work that way, but many of us don’t because this lost art was lost long enough ago that we imprinted that untucked was the ideal way. And just about everything we feel about diapering here comes from imprinting.

I’d also suggest sampling many diapers, since some have fits that change just a little bit, enough to make a difference for you. Try attaching taps at different angles. Get into an engineer’s headspace for a sec and think about how to support a diaper correctly on your body. The advice on how to wear a diaper is usually suited to the person giving the advice.

Oh, and don’t skip on trying the single-tape-per-side variety. They tend to have lower absorbency (but better wicking), but the fit works better for some people.

Now that I’m thinking about it, if I gained a few lbs, I probably wouldn’t fit Tykables medium correctly anymore. It’s one of my health goals to keep myself in this range so I don’t have to reassess my diaper fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrazyJoe67, GatoChihuahua, BunnyFofo and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 62308

I was thinking that maybe I need to go a size up. Currently the diaper only gets about halfway bettwen my waist and belly button. Should It go up higher?

Miki

High Funktioning Asperger Autist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Baekho said:
Should It go up higher?
I think so ... usually size M fits perfectly for me and most brands and types cover my belly button. BTW - a bigger size is also more absorbent but when you wet it always takes some time till it disperses to the rear side and the top of the rear side is always the last part that becomes wet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 62308

Yeah. Medium is ok, but just bought some larges to test out as well.

D

Deleted member 62308

Miki said:
I think so ... usually size M fits perfectly for me and most brands and types cover my belly button. BTW - a bigger size is also more absorbent but when you wet it always takes some time till it disperses to the rear side and the top of the rear side is always the last part that becomes wet.
Yeah, I've noticed the front gets full before the rear so will definitely need to try the large

BunnyFofo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Baekho said:
It does sound like maybe you have an issue with the diaper being too small or not taped on right, but aside from that I would like to say that I wouldn't expect any diaper to get full everywhere before it leaks. There is a lot of absorbent material in a diaper and wicking ability (the ability to move moisture from wetter areas to dryier areas) is always limited, and always fighting gravity somewhere. In real world use, a diaper will always leak before all the padding is wet, it's just a question of how much.

e: one thing you might try is taping the diaper lower. If you can find a spot where it covers what it needs to cover, is comfortable, and doesn't move - then that's where it should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Deleted member 62308

Miki

High Funktioning Asperger Autist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Baekho said:
Yeah, I've noticed the front gets full before the rear so will definitely need to try the large
an other point is how much you pee at a time. for some time I wore diapers at daytime only every so often and there it is obvious that a dilemma happens - without diapers it is an advantage to hold back as long as possible (I was not incontinent at the time) to avoid too many bathroom breaks but this behavior is a complete disadvantage when you wear a diaper and I leaked very often between my legs, especially when pointing down. That's why I started to go with pointing up so the pee hits the diaper in the big upper area padding and it takes at least some time till the area between the legs starts to become wet but it was still too much at a time and I still leaked a lot of times.

on the other hand it is a huge advantage when being diapered to pee very often a tiny bit only. so you can't have it both ways at the same time and this was one of the main reasons why I decided to wear diapers 24/7 again. of course I didn't hold back at all anymore but always wet myself when I realized the slightest urge it happened more and more often till it was obvious that I started to become incontinent for I only felt the warm sensation without doing it on purpose and leaks became very rare.

thus, for me it was very satisfying to become incontinent and I really appreciated it as this is the condition where diapers work best and leaks only occur when I change far too late for some reason.

Reactions: diapeybabybrian

depends4me

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
BunnyFofo said:
e: one thing you might try is taping the diaper lower. If you can find a spot where it covers what it needs to cover, is comfortable, and doesn't move - then that's where it should be.

I was actually going to suggest the opposite. If a diaper is too tight in the front or too small or both, it might just swell too much too quickly and restrict pee from reaching other areas. Try creating a looser pouch area in the front. I had this problem years ago with Dry 24/7 smalls, which fit okay but were a bit on the small side. The first release went okay, but the front swelled so much that the next release tended to leak around my legs. Try taping the lower tapes as high on the padding as possible, then stretch the top of the diaper a bit as you apply the top tapes, for a tighter fit. So IMHO the variables are 1) diaper size, 2) diaper design (exactly where the manufacturer concentrates the gel crystals), and 3) tape placement...not necessarily in that order.

Hope that helps a little!

Last edited:

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If you're just starting Diaper Training, leaks are going to happen....

Diapers work best for people that pee in small amounts, several times an hour.

People who have full control and don't need diapers release A LOT OF FLUID when they pee.

In the Diaper World, this is called "FLOODING" your Diaper.

If the diaper is too small or too tight it won't stand a chance.

It also depends in what position you're peeing.

For instance, sitting in a chair while wetting will be easier to create a leak.

....Or Immediately sitting just after releasing your bladder Could create a "Press-Out Leak"...

As you will see, There's actually a LOT of factors involved here,

⭐ ✨ Here are Some Clever ways to Reduce Leaks: ✨⭐

🕐1) Wet your diaper whenever you feel the slightest urge,

(That way you're wetting in smaller spurts, which your diaper will be more likely to handle better.)

🕑2) Wear your Diaper Snug but not too tight, (Which is easier said than done)...

🕒3) Wear a Onesie, this will support your diaper while keeping it in place to avoid "Sagging".

(This also hides your diaper from other people when you reach or bend over)...

🕓4) Plastic Pants will also help support your diaper, and prevent "Diaper Sweat leaks" from "Cloth-Like" Diapers.

🕔5) Knowing your Diapers.

(Your Diaper's capacity will depend on several factors from your own personal experience to let you know when it's time to change in order to avoid a leak.) Time of Day, Coffee intake, etc.

(The more you use a particular size and brand, the more you will know when it's about to start leaking).

🕕6) Adding a Diaper BOOSTER

(Strategic placement either in the front or front/middle, or middle/back)

Reactions: BunnyFofo and Deleted member 62308

BunnyFofo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
depends4me said:
I was actually going to suggest the opposite. If a diaper is too tight in the front or too small or both, it might just swell too much too quickly and restrict pee from reaching other areas. Try creating a looser pouch area in the front. I had this problem years ago with Dry 24/7 smalls, which fit okay but were a bit on the small side. The first release went okay, but the front swelled so much that the next release tended to leak around my legs. Try taping the lower tapes as high on the padding as possible, then stretch the top of the diaper a bit as you apply the top tapes, for a tighter fit. So IMHO the variables are 1) diaper size, 2) diaper design (exactly where the manufacturer concentrates the gel crystals), and 3) tape placement...not necessarily in that order.

Hope that helps a little!

If the diaper was leaking via the legs then I would agree that it was too low for the leak guards to work. However, from what the OP says it sounds like the problem is the diaper is slipping down from where it's taped, and that's what's causing the leak.

That suggests to me that the diaper is taped too high, and needs to be taped where the body makes a )( shape rather than above or below, so that it can't slip down.
Baekho said:
It should stay up close to my bellow buttonish
- if the diaper is already close to the bellybutton, there's not much room up to go. I also suspect a larger size would be too big.

Maybe Baekho could clarify.

For me finding that )( point is a much better way of figuring out where and how a diaper should be taped rather than just saying the waistband should sit x inchs relative to the belly button. Finding the narrow spot on your body will work for everyone and any diaper, but measuring where your belly button is relative to the waistband won't work for any given diaper or body shape. If that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 62308

BunnyFofo said:
If the diaper was leaking via the legs then I would agree that it was too low for the leak guards to work. However, from what the OP says it sounds like the problem is the diaper is slipping down from where it's taped, and that's what's causing the leak.

That suggests to me that the diaper is taped too high, and needs to be taped where the body makes a )( shape rather than above or below, so that it can't slip down.

- if the diaper is already close to the bellybutton, there's not much room up to go. I also suspect a larger size would be too big.

Maybe Baekho could clarify.

For me finding that )( point is a much better way of figuring out where and how a diaper should be taped rather than just saying the waistband should sit x inchs relative to the belly button. Finding the narrow spot on your body will work for everyone and any diaper, but measuring where your belly button is relative to the waistband won't work for any given diaper or body shape. If that makes sense.
Hehe part of the problem I think is I don't really have a ) ( area. I get this from my grandpa, but it causes pants to not fit on as well. So I'll try the bigger ones, and also try to find a place that tapes better for them to sit. The best thing might be the plastic pant I got today that just holds the diaper up and pinched the top so there won't be any leaks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.