Diaper Donations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FullMetal

OK, so, I have -what I think to be- a good idea! So, while I was on IRC, I was talking to Lukie, Point, Custom and Mandi, when I brought up that I had many diapers that I didn't really need. All the rest spoke up and said that they had many that they wouldn't mind getting rid of either...well other than point, and their in lies my plan. Point said that he wanted some diapers but couldn't get (This might not be what he said at all...I am just making this up...kinda... I don't know if the other people said what i claimed they said either...I just wanted examples :p)

ANYWAY, back to my point (heh, pun) I have this cool idea that might actually work! So I suggest that we, being adisc, with a little bit of our donation money, buy a P.O. box (that someone would own...I don't know who ) and anyone who has extra diapers, just sends it there. In accordance, when someone needs diapers, they send the shipping cost to the P.O. box and the person who is controlling this box sends them back the diapers of their choice (Which they pick from a thread that people post which diapers they are donating.)

I think this would be a great way to help out the community, since there are many teens here that can not go out and get their own diapers. Obviously we would need much preparation for this, but I think this could actually work. Given, I am a romantic, but also a realist and with preparation and thought, this could most definitely work.

FullMetal

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Okay, that was a little confusing. But I think I got what you mean, lol.

Basically, one person has the P.O. Box that is paid by the ADISC donation fund.

Anyone with extra diapers sends them to the P.O. box. That way the owner of the box will have all the diapers to manage.

Anyone who cannot afford diapers, but wants them can send shipping money to the P.O. box, and the box master will send them diapers.

I think it's a great idea, but then again, it'd only work if there was interest.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
but how would one get the diapers without a po box key?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If you are not the owner of the po box, then you send shipping money.... and the po box owner will send you diapers (that were donated by members.)

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think it's brilliant, myself.
I'm all for it. <3

babysage

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Great Idea. However make it clear that the teens should beware that it will come in the mail and have a plan. Sure its common sense for most of us but newbs (in a good way, I remember being one) may not be fully aware.

Customizer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Now to start a sub-thread of who has what in stock. Remember to organize dates and times of arrival/sending. Also, every party must pay for separate postage stamps, unless you want to use donation money to buy a book of stamps to keep inside the P.O. Box.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Eh, I think the person who wants the diapers should be responsible for paying the shipping. I mean, 10 dollars is a small price to pay for an assortment of diapers, compared to 20 that you'd pay for a crappy brand like depends.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Where would this PO Box be? We have members all over the globe, so if you put in, America, for example, the shipping costs for a member from Australia or England might actually be more than just buying the diapers!

I think one possible way to avoid alienating many members would be to get several different PO Boxes in different areas of the world.

babysage

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The man has a point. But can we afford to that? If ADISC is footing the PO bill, How much are they?

MrE

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
That's very true. I do believe it looks like there is more interest in the US though than anywhere else so it would be sensible to have the first one over there. I think we in the UK can normally meet up with some people nearby quite easily.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
this actually sounds like a great idea. the only thing that conserns me is what if the demand is greater than the suply? how will we balance that?

that's probably not too hard to solve, but i know nothing about economics, or po boxes, so i've got nothing.

i would love to help out with this. it seems like a great idea and i would love to back it up. then again, i really have no way of backing it up, seeing as i can't make donations, money or diapers.

just had this idea. maby there could be some way to diapers off the internet, but send them directly to the "diaper box" (that is what i'm offically calling it). thatway, people could send whole packeges to the po box, without ever coming in contact with it. it could be helpful for people like me who can't donate directly.

kino

Contributor
Role
Private
i thought i might throw this out there...
if your parents ask whats in the package just say its some free Linux cds.

they probably wont know what Linux is so you will gave to explain to them that windows is not the only os that in the world.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
There would be a lot of CDs in a box large enough to fit diapers in.

That is the main thing I'm worried about with this process... parents finding out... getting mad... etc etc.

I definately don't want someone's parents calling the cops and accusing me of being a pedo. if I start sending out diapers to everyone.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I agree with Jack, they would have to be many boxes for this to work. Maybe one per country with enough interest.

Seems like a good idea though. You just need to organise who can set up a P.O. box (it has to be someone very trustworthy, willing, and in a good location).

To get around parents finding out maybe the diapers could be sent in a discrete way, I guess the person receiving them could request stuff like that.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
While it sounds like a good idea...the question remains...how many? How many diapers would be sent to the person requesting them? An entire pack of diapers is obviously going to cost a lot more to post than a 'sample pack'.

After doing a bit of math...and using Canada to UK as a base...to send...say...2-3 diapers would cost about $8...to send an entire pack would cost more like $20. And that was shipping Small Packet International Surface (small packet international air would be about 2-1/2 times more in both instances).

Status
Not open for further replies.