Diaper Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I've run into an interesting situation with my wearing 24/7. Not a huge problem... but one I'd like some advice from y'all on.

I haven't yet begun bedwetting... infact most mornings I don't even really need to go at all until I've been up and moving for 5-10 minutes. The problem that this creates is I don't really want to "waste" my more expensive diapers on night-time use if I don't truely need them.

When I get home in the evenings I change my diaper from work when it is full then give myself an hour or two to "air out" so I don't get a rash. This means I re-diaper for the night at between 7:00 & 8:00. I am usually asleep by 11... so it's really only 3-4 hours of wakeful wearing. Not a lot of time to soak a thick diaper if I am just maintaining my normal fluid intake. This leads me to thinking that I should buy some cheaper diapers like Depends or something to wear at night until I actually start wetting.

At the same time... from what I understand of it a big part of me eventually being able to wet while in bed/asleep focuses on being very comfortable and removing mental blocks that peeing while laying down is a bad idea. That being said the few times I have been able to wet while in bed have been absolute floods from an overfull bladder and simply not getting up so I had no choice but to go in my diaper. A cheap-o diaper like Depends is simply not going to handle that and I am going to end up with wet sheets. I know this for a fact so I wonder if getting a cheaper diaper will actually hinder my progress towards a loss of control at night.

Please feel free to offer any advice or criticism you may have... b/c I seriously don't know what to do at this point.

Thanks!

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'd say get a package of Depends and see if they'll work for you at night.

I'm surprised that
(1) You consider your sleep time a time where you cannot use your diaper. I can't sleep through a night without peeing, so I do not make a difference between times of sleep or being awake as far as my diaper use is concerned.
(2) You haven't mastered the art of wetting while laying down, even after that many months/years of 24/7 use, but I guess that's due to (1), i.e. a lack of practice.

If you find that you suddenly pick up the art of peeing in your sleep, or at least peeing while you're in bed, you can always switch back to better diapers. Alternatively, see if you can teach your body to pee more often at night or at least to wake up with a strong urge to pee.

Peachy

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Why don't you get a pack of something in a pull-up designe, and wear them to bed that way if you do use it your covered, or if you only like adjustable breifs, I have used CVS refastenables for sleeping, I never used them to wet, but if I had to go I would just open and pee and reclose.

And you could wear them untill you decided to toss them, you may be abel to get a few nights, or possibly longer, it's all up to you, you could even put in a soaker panel, of some sort like a small towel, and you would just wash the towel, that way you wouldn't need a huge package, just maybe a pack with a dozen or so would last you quite awile.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You could wear a cheap brand until you actually start wetting the bed...Just double them, or plastic pants or something just in case...And when you can wet, well then wear the better brands

dirtbike4x4

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well I think this really comes down to wether or not you want to wet the bed. If thats what you would like, then I would say stick with the good diapers, cause like you said a Depend isn't capable of containing one of your night wettings. Then you can work on being able to wet at night. If you don't want to start wetting the bed, then I would say get the depends. If at some point you do start to actually wet, then you can switch back to the good ones.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
do you take in any fluids before you go to bed at night? If not then condsider a glass or two of water an hour before bed. When you get the urge to pee in the middle of the night, just wake up, get into a comfortable position (lying on you back works best) and just let it go. The key is to close your eyes and just relax as much as possible. when your all done, go back to sleep. I've tried this already with good results took about two weeks to settle in, now i wet just about every night.

As for the switch to the depends, i would reconsider. I dont like using them by them selves in case i have to go more than once during the night. After one wetting it gets risky and could leak. I would either go double diaper with the depends or buy a cheaper store brand like CVS or Walgreends and buy some baby diapers and use them as inserts inside the diaper. I'm currently using the walgreens with underjams as an insert. It cost me about 20 dollars overall, so it doesnt hurt my wallet too bad, although i should have gone and bought some size 6 diapers instead, would have been better for the long term. Anyways, I'm on day 4 with this combo and no leaks yet. I would get some baby diapers size 6 instead of the underjams just because you get more bang for your buck with baby diaper inserts.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Go the cheap route until you actually need the good ones. Depends overnight or maximum protection should be able to hold one wetting. With a pampers stuffer, you should really be good to go (pun intended). The suggestion to drink some extra water before bed will definitely help the bladder training.

Please report back on progress. Good luck to you!

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
if you want to become a bedwetter, you will need to diaper up 24/7, not 20/7.....that 4 hour gap will work to your dis-advantage....wearing 24/7 will (over time) make your bladder shrink, and become weaker...this will eventually lead to bed wetting (where I am now over a year), and eventually day wetting....you have a long way to go though before you see any results...

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Well boys... I do appreciate the advice so far.

I rummaged around in my stash last night and found one of the thin Kendall diapers that I had left over... pretty much like a Depend or any other store brand... had two glasses of tea before bed.

I woke up around 2AM with a semi full bladder... had to climb out of bed and squat beside it to wet... and it was a pretty large one. Filled the Kendall right up and I had to go change.

So... after that I think I've decided to stick with the thicker diapers for nights... and keep up with the 2 glasses of drink right before bed... maybe that will get things headed in the right direction.

Also, Brian... my 24/7 weraring is really more like 22-23/7. If you think it's making that much of a difference I can try not giving myself any time to air out and see what happens... I just don't want a rash.

123street

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You make me jelous lol. You have the wonderful choice of actually choosing to buy a "worse" diaper... for me, i have to put up with goodnites if I can find them anywhere. :(

But yeah, stick with the cheaper ones until u begin to wet at night

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Well boys... I do appreciate the advice so far.

I rummaged around in my stash last night and found one of the thin Kendall diapers that I had left over... pretty much like a Depend or any other store brand... had two glasses of tea before bed.

I woke up around 2AM with a semi full bladder... had to climb out of bed and squat beside it to wet... and it was a pretty large one. Filled the Kendall right up and I had to go change.

So... after that I think I've decided to stick with the thicker diapers for nights... and keep up with the 2 glasses of drink right before bed... maybe that will get things headed in the right direction.
You're headed in the right direction, just a couple of things that will put you right on course. You just need to get used to peeing while lying down. Its funny how much our body is used to peeing only in certain positions. Anyways try keeping the penis pointed downwards in the diaper because that is what it was designed to do. Try to do it with the penis up and you'll pay with a leaky diaper and a wet bed. The biggest key is to relax while you do it. Having to stress over peeing in this new position won't help encourage bedwetting. While relaxing, keep your eyes closed and just release as much tension as possible to partially simulate sleeping conditions. Having been diapered for this long during the day relaxing shouldn't be too much of an issue with you but take this advice and it will all work out in time

dprdan

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Carer
cheap diapers work well if you use a stuffer in them, diapers like pampers size 6 or 7 work great. Also cheaper store brand baby diapers work well. then you can stop thinking you will soak the diaper and wet your sheets. I found that letting go all mind blocking thoughts like flooding the sheets help you to wet while laying down in bed. after awhile you will pee while half awake then not awake at all.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I find it easier to pee in the bed when lying on your stomach...The only problem is that it doesn't absorb well, and leaks out the front

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If expense is the issue, how about cloth and plastic. Of course, that's what I enjoy the most, and for night, I use night time prefold and high back plastic pants from Amazon. Of course I have the pain of rinsing them out in the morning which I do in the shower and use some shampoo. Then I line dry and collect them for a few days before putting them in the washing machine. Anyway, I think not worrying about leakage helps with peeing laying down in the middle of the night. Sometimes if I'm lucky and if I drank sufficiently, I can come out of a half sleep, relax and feel that wonderful pleasure, and darn little expense.

dirtbike4x4

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

QUOTE]

Firstly, good luck with being able to pee lying down, just keep trying and in no time you should be peeing with no problems. Make sure you keep you penis pointed down, it will trick your mind into feeling most natural and let you pee more easily, plus prevent leaks.

Secondly, Lucky. I do kinda wish I could wet the bed, but despite the fact that I think I could train myself pretty easily, it would be too much of a pain in the ass.

Also does LuvsGirl bed wet? that could certainly be helpful. Even if she doesn't being an understanding diaper wearer herself, she could certainly give you support and encouragement during the process of learning to bedwet. Something that most of us wouldn't have.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Also does LuvsGirl bed wet? that could certainly be helpful. Even if she doesn't being an understanding diaper wearer herself, she could certainly give you support and encouragement during the process of learning to bedwet. Something that most of us wouldn't have.
She does.. but typically only when diapered. I don't know how she got used to doing it so easily. She has certainly been supportive so far... and very understanding of my desire to wear 24/7... which I am glad for.

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
For me cheaper brands work as well. Since I have a smaller bladder, I can't fully use a night time diaper, unless I'm awake and drinking several glasses of water. DX

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
When it comes to wetting lying down, it shouldn't take too long. I went from having not worn in four years to being able to empty my bladder lying down in 3 diapers, and that isn't wearing them every night (couldn't afford that). That was with one or two glasses of orange juice before going to bed.

Teaching myself to wet lying down also helped with the relaxation techniques that my shrink has taught me (my parents think I'm being "cured", all I'm doing is learning how to relax ;)). As for bedwetting I can't give any help there, it isn't worth me trying as my parents will see through it right away and I can't afford (or easily obtain) the diapers.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Okay so a lot of people have given some pretty good advice so far so I am going to restate some adivce given but also add some that has not been given. I do not bedwet myself but would like to, but I have had some practice with it and have gotten better with peeing with laying down some. Anyways here is what I would suggest to do.....stick with the expensive adult diapers at night. Here is why, read my process in how I beleive is the best way to become night time incontinence, based off of personal expeirance, talking to other DL/AB's , and reading ab/dl sites off the internet over 7-8 years.

1.) Wear 24/7 of course. I do not think 23/7 is going to make a big deal at all. Of course helping your body and mind become acustome to the feel and use of it.
2.)Drink at least one, more likely 2 cups of water, or tea, prefably water, 10-20 min before bed.
3.) When you wake up having to pee at night try peeing on your stomach, if you can't then try your back. Then if you can't do that put your hand and knees on the bed, but dont bend your back or your hips so your body from your knees to your head is at a 45 degree angle to the bed. So by this your holding yourself up by your hands, kind of like push up position on your knees, half way down and holding it in that postion while you pee. This way giving you partial help of gravity to help you go, so this way taking baby steps. Then if that still does not work just get out of bed and do your thing.
3.) After you wet go back to sleep immediatly in the wet diaper, unless if it is leaking then change of course. This will acustome your body and mind to being wet at night and help it learn it is okay to be wet in bed.
4.) Repeat every single step, in the same order, including trying stomach, back, knee push up position and all the other steps, until you are able to pee laying n your stomach AND back.
5.)After acomplishing peeing while laying down continue to pee when you wake up and try not to wake your mind to much, if you wake up needing to pee, pee, then start trying to fall back asleep before you even finish peeing. Then after lots of practice you will eventually not even wake up to pee.

I am pretty sure that method will work. If it does not, nothing will untrain a non-bedwetter haha.

Good Luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.