Diaper Dependance without incontinence?

SebUK97

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How reliant on wearing diapers would you say you are without actually being incontinent? If you wear every night would you trust yourself not to wet your bed without wearing padding?

I am incontinent

dpcare said:
I am incontinent
This question isn't aimed at those who are already incontinent. Which is why i haven't posted it in the IC forum. It's aimed at those who feel that they have a dependency for wearing a diaper, for reasons other than incontinence.

Last edited:
Great question Seb! I have been wearing most nights since January which saves two trips to the bathroom on a normal working day. Last night however I wet two nappies overnight, six wettings between ten at night and half seven this morning.
If I had not been wearing I could have ignored my bladder for a while and gone twice to the toilet.
Now on my second nappy/diaper since this morning, have been peeing almost constantly since. Again, if not wearing I could have used the toilet when my bladder was really full. I expect that because I can wet when wearing I do so at the slightest signal from my bladder.
If at work or not wearing I wait until my bladder says ok lets go.
Not sure where the fine line is between mental dependancy and just really enjoying wearing nappies/diapers.

Reactions: DLmikey, PaddedRita and SebUK97
Well, I wore my Diapers all day Friday and my body gave me warnings and I could actually get up and go potty in the big boy toilet by pulling my diaper aside. Friday night I decided to not wear out to dinner with my wife, we were celebrating 42 years married. I managed to not wear a diaper until Saturday afternoon when I fell asleep in my chair and dribbled in my big boy underpants. Back in diapers last night with an overnight booster and plastic panties in my diaper I totally drenched it a couple of times and had no leaks. Currently sitting watching ESPN in the AM with a very wet diaper and drinking my coffee. ( I recognize most of the people on here you I was a diaper lover and later in life became Incontinent.)

Reactions: Kellycares and SebUK97
I’d say the older I get, the more dependent I become on them. I’m now 41 and at this point I don’t dare risk going to bed without a diaper. I wake up wet on average 5 times per week. Whenever I know I’m going to be in a larger crowd with waiting lines for toilets I’m sure to wear at least a pull up or a guard because a leak is almost inevitable, especially if I’ve had a couple beers. If I’m going to be in heavy traffic, again protection is very necessary. So I think it’s safe to say that I’m very dependent on diapers and believe I’ll eventually be 24/7 do to my consistent use of them and declining bladder control because of it.

Reactions: Kellycares and SebUK97
This Gal is very dependent on them ..

• Love
Reactions: SebUK97 and DLmikey
Tenawearer said:
Great question Seb! I have been wearing most nights since January which saves two trips to the bathroom on a normal working day. Last night however I wet two nappies overnight, six wettings between ten at night and half seven this morning.
If I had not been wearing I could have ignored my bladder for a while and gone twice to the toilet.
Now on my second nappy/diaper since this morning, have been peeing almost constantly since. Again, if not wearing I could have used the toilet when my bladder was really full. I expect that because I can wet when wearing I do so at the slightest signal from my bladder.
If at work or not wearing I wait until my bladder says ok lets go.
Not sure where the fine line is between mental dependancy and just really enjoying wearing nappies/diapers.
Yes, the reasons why people wear diapers is vast, and while most people who choose to wear diapers regularly do seem to enjoy wearing them, it is interesting to know the other reasons why people choose to wear diapers?

Examples being it's a coping mechanism, or it is for other issues equally affecting their lives, such as, Stress, Anxiety, ADHD, Autism etc.

Obviously if you are permanently afflicted with IC, be it bladder or bowel or both, then you wear diapers or other forms of padding through need.

I suppose what i'm attempting to ascertain in raising this question is this, are those within the community who choose to wear their diapers on a regular basis, or even wearing 24/7, but who aren't permanently incontinent IC, less worthy?

I often am left feeling that those afflicted with permanent incontinence often look unfavourably towards those in the community who have chosen to wear a diaper regularly, or even on a 24/7 basis are doing so purely for kink!

I think that way of thinking is somewhat of a narrow view, given the reasons as to why people wear a diaper are much more complex, and much more varied. I'm sure that kink, does play a part, but i wouldn't say that it is exclusively the only reason for wearing diapers without an official IC diagnosis. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this thread. :)(y)

fredy552 said:
Well, I wore my Diapers all day Friday and my body gave me warnings and I could actually get up and go potty in the big boy toilet by pulling my diaper aside. Friday night I decided to not wear out to dinner with my wife, we were celebrating 42 years married. I managed to not wear a diaper until Saturday afternoon when I fell asleep in my chair and dribbled in my big boy underpants. Back in diapers last night with an overnight booster and plastic panties in my diaper I totally drenched it a couple of times and had no leaks. Currently sitting watching ESPN in the AM with a very wet diaper and drinking my coffee. ( I recognize most of the people on here you I was a diaper lover and later in life became Incontinent.)
It's good that you where at least able to have some respite on Friday night,(y) allowing you to enjoy your diner to celebrate 42 years of marriage with your wife. :)

bret2 said:
I’d say the older I get, the more dependent I become on them. I’m now 41 and at this point I don’t dare risk going to bed without a diaper. I wake up wet on average 5 times per week. Whenever I know I’m going to be in a larger crowd with waiting lines for toilets I’m sure to wear at least a pull up or a guard because a leak is almost inevitable, especially if I’ve had a couple beers. If I’m going to be in heavy traffic, again protection is very necessary. So I think it’s safe to say that I’m very dependent on diapers and believe I’ll eventually be 24/7 do to my consistent use of them and declining bladder control because of it.
No shame in that whatsoever. :)

bret2 said:
My diaper needs really resemble yours. I’m not fully IC, but i have an over active bladder that causes sudden, frequent, strong urges. it is not predictable when these episodes will occur, and, I guess, I reached a point because of the strong urges, I no longer wanted to have to hold it and suffer in the interim. So, I tried diapers, and love them. As I got older, I’ve also become more (actually, totally) dependent on diapers. I’m now (self) required to wear a diaper when leaving the house, especially if I’m driving somewhere. I could also get by without a diaper at home, but
I’ve come to prefer being diapered and started wearing one all the time.

I need to wet my diaper, once, or, twice a night now. I always wake before wetting myself, and could actually make it to the toilet, but I lose control on rare occasions once I got there and make a mess, so while I might not have to wear a diaper to bed every night, I do. And I sleep much better through the night with my diaper on.

I’ve been in diapers now 24/7 for over three years and am totally dependant on them, although much of my diaper needs are as much psychological as physical. in this time I have not noticed any significant decline in bladder control. So, hopefully your consistent use of diapers will also not lead to this issue for yourself.

Reactions: Andrewgdfw and SebUK97
I’m an occasional but fairly regular wearer/user, I often have periods of wearing most nights, then a few nights not wearing, followed by maybe a week or two not wearing at all - then rinse and repeat. It depends both on whether I feel like wearing and also whether or not I’m in a busy period with lots going on.

I’m also usually an occasional daytime wearer. However, if time, circumstances and plain just ‘wanting to be in nappies’ coincides I have worn full time over a few long weekends, and even a couple of consecutive weekends and the weekdays in between too to make it ten or eleven days of wearing and using 24/7.

During these periods I have remained 100% fully continent and in complete control, so physically I was dependent, but there are probably times when I felt emotionally diaper dependent because I just enjoy being in nappies.

Reactions: freedom69, Kellycares and SebUK97
Kellycares said:
My diaper needs really resemble yours. I’m not fully IC, but i have an over active bladder that causes sudden, frequent, strong urges. it is not predictable when these episodes will occur, and, I guess, I reached a point because of the strong urges, I no longer wanted to have to hold it and suffer in the interim. So, I tried diapers, and love them. As I got older, I’ve also become more (actually, totally) dependent on diapers. I’m now (self) required to wear a diaper when leaving the house, especially if I’m driving somewhere. I could also get by without a diaper at home, but
I’ve come to prefer being diapered and started wearing one all the time.

I need to wet my diaper, once, or, twice a night now. I always wake before wetting myself, and could actually make it to the toilet, but I lose control on rare occasions once I got there and make a mess, so while I might not have to wear a diaper to bed every night, I do. And I sleep much better through the night with my diaper on.

I’ve been in diapers now 24/7 for over three years and am totally dependant on them, although much of my diaper needs are as much psychological as physical. in this time I have not noticed any significant decline in bladder control. So, hopefully your consistent use of diapers will also not lead to this issue for yourself.
Thank you for your response. I'm currently undergoing tests to establish if i have an underlying reason for urge incontinence? I am not wearing a diaper 24/7, though i am wearing every night, and wake up soaked. I sleep peacefully without waking before peeing, and wouldn't now trust myself to sleep without a diaper on, given to do so would result in a wet bed. :)

I pee a lot in mornings and a few times a week in sleep , so being a truck driver nappies are a must as I’ve had to many close calls and a few wet pants

Reactions: SebUK97
DLmikey said:
I’m an occasional but fairly regular wearer/user, I often have periods of wearing most nights, then a few nights not wearing, followed by maybe a week or two not wearing at all - then rinse and repeat. It depends both on whether I feel like wearing and also whether or not I’m in a busy period with lots going on.

I’m also usually an occasional daytime wearer. However, if time, circumstances and plain just ‘wanting to be in nappies’ coincides I have worn full time over a few long weekends, and even a couple of consecutive weekends and the weekdays in between too to make it ten or eleven days of wearing and using 24/7.

During these periods I have remained 100% fully continent and in complete control, so physically I was dependent, but there are probably times when I felt emotionally diaper dependent because I just enjoy being in nappies.
Thank you for a comprehensive reply. (y)

Reactions: DLmikey
I think I can answer that question very well, I've been in night time diapers by choice now almost every night for 6 years straight, sometimes I'll go multiple days by choice in diapers.
I have no medical issues, this is all fun for me (and my wife) I would say that my body is diaper trained, meaning when I'm diapered I tend to just go without thinking, when I'm sleeping I'll wake up wet at least twice a week, during the day if I'm diapered, I'll just go and honestly feel just a little tickle then warmth without realizing that I needed to go.
With that being said, the second I'm not diapered, I have a bladder like a camel, I can hold without effect longer then most people (strangely longer) so much so that sometimes when I'm at work and in the bathroom going, people can hear my tinkle in the toilet and they are impressed with the noise and length of time (I wear that like a badge of honor lol)
My wife and I have had vacations were we stayed at hotels, or I've had business trips were I stayed overnight with no diapers, and I didnt think twice about potential accidents or being out of my comfort zone not diapered.

• Haha
Reactions: SebUK97
pampers4U said:
I think I can answer that question very well, I've been in night time diapers by choice now almost every night for 6 years straight, sometimes I'll go multiple days by choice in diapers.
I have no medical issues, this is all fun for me (and my wife) I would say that my body is diaper trained, meaning when I'm diapered I tend to just go without thinking, when I'm sleeping I'll wake up wet at least twice a week, during the day if I'm diapered, I'll just go and honestly feel just a little tickle then warmth without realizing that I needed to go.
With that being said, the second I'm not diapered, I have a bladder like a camel, I can hold without effect longer then most people (strangely longer) so much so that sometimes when I'm at work and in the bathroom going, people can hear my tinkle in the toilet and they are impressed with the noise and length of time (I wear that like a badge of honor lol)
My wife and I have had vacations were we stayed at hotels, or I've had business trips were I stayed overnight with no diapers, and I didnt think twice about potential accidents or being out of my comfort zone not diapered.

Impressive! :ROFLMAO:(y):)

Last edited:
parcelboy2 said:
I pee a lot in mornings and a few times a week in sleep , so being a truck driver nappies are a must as I’ve had to many close calls and a few wet pants
I would imagine as a truck driver, give the lack of roadside facilities, that wearing a diaper is almost essential?

Back