Diaper Database

More updates :

- the Database filter / quickview grid now has the option to show or hide images.

- finally got everything setup to show thumbnails. It was originally downloading the full-size images and resizing ( can be slow ). Now when an image is requested, it will create a thumbnail ( save that ) and then pull that thumbnail down --- so the site should be a lot faster now for some. Downloading a 3k thumbnail vs 300k.

Reactions: LittleAnonymousHacker and legojoker88
More quick updates:

- In the profile, you can now select an Avatar.

- Under the Community menu, there is now a "My Home" available to members only. Playing around with a post / friends type system. Right now posts are visible to everyone but in time I want to add ability to setup friendships and make posts, etc. ... still playing around with the idea but figured I'd open it for now.

.. I'm putting lots of pieces in, then will see what sticks and is worth putting more work into.

Reactions: LittleAnonymousHacker and legojoker88
ooops ... just realized that the image uploads were not working ( anywhere ). The web server runs on linux but my local development is on Windows - so during testing it all works fine, but on production the image libraries are not loaded ---- stupid mistake on my part .

Anyways, now the avatar uploads and other image upload should be working.

Reactions: LittleAnonymousHacker
Just another quick update .... I started work on a "My stash" feature for the site. The idea is that members can enter information about the diapers they purchase, including costs, and keep track of how many diapers they have in stock and at what costs. Then, you can also track when those diapers are used ( changed ) which will also track, if used right, how long those diapers are lasting along with remove them from inventory.

The goal is to be able to provide some analytics on various diapers about costs and usability - so right now, only diapers in the database can be tracked - but if a diaper is missing, feel free to add it.

... this was just a spontaneous thought I had the other day, so it's still got a long way to go to be really useful - I'd like to add a calendar and table style log for easier tracking ( editing ), etc.

.... to see the feature, just go to the site and select Diaper Tracker from the menu followed by My Stash ... guests can see a preview, members can use the app and delete all the data if they choose once done - or keep using it :)

i am in

Here is a preview of the stash app ... I've added a quick log summary view that shows the last 30 entries for each stash. I'll probably add a master log view next that will show all the entries, ordered by time. Still playing around with styling too.

What sort of statistics or data would be neat / cool to see?

mystashmain1.PNG

Reactions: legojoker88 and LittleAnonymousHacker
For quality control and ease of access I would allow anyone to create an entry for a diaper but allow only selected users to review and approve those entries. This would require a separate table in your database or a separate database. Approvers should be able to review existing details of they exist and the new ones, or details for multiple entries for the same diaper waiting approval. This seriously cuts down the effort of creating data while still maintaining a level of control.

For user opinion you may do a star rating with user comments like Amazon does. I would restrict comments to registered users probably ratings as well.

Also I wouldn't make this abdl specific. You could help a lot of ice people with this type of database. ABDLs tend to have a berry good knowledge of adult diapers better than many people in the industry, from what I have seen.

Last edited:
I have considered some sort of a moderator system - especially if things start to take-off. Right now, interactions ( adding data ) has been minimal - so there isn't much need. As it is ... any user can add a record to the database, and they take ownership of that record. If they add a diaper for a brand, then they own that diaper - but other users can add variations to that brand, images and reviews. ... If they add a variation to a diaper, then they own that variation - but - again, any other user can add a review, image, etc. But the owner of the record is the only one that can make adjustments.

In the future, my thought is that we will come up with a way to "verify" a record - meaning x number of people say it is correct. Then, when browsing the database, other users could filter to only show those records that are verified ----- or something along these lines.

I do want to add a star rating - but - personally I find those of little help. I like to read about what makes it a one star or five star. That's where the help is.

.... and my goal is to not be ABDL centric - ( it might be coming off that way ) - but I'd like a site that Non-ABDL are just as comfortable going to. Any non-abdl, I'd really love to hear your opinions on how to make the site met your comfort-zone.

Hey everyone .... I've made some drastic changes to the structure of the site. The functionality is mostly the same - but I wanted to cleanup some code and took that chance to make everything more SPA ( single page app ).

I'm going to put a basic view back in at some point - mostly for search engines - but might be a while.

I need to get the Reviews added back in and the Image Gallery... then I might start tinkering with the database again. Trying to make it easier to add and update data.

... not sure how mobile friendly this is yet.

Just had a quick browse though and i would say mobile experience is kind of there, but highly bugged out display.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200126-090533_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200126-090533_Samsung Internet.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20200126-090539_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200126-090539_Samsung Internet.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 6
Thanks. I may take a look at improving the mobile experience - but the focus will always be on the desktop experience. It's a ton of work to get these things working across all types of devices.

If anyone has an ipad, I'd love to hear about how it is/isn't working in that type of device.

.... would also love to hear feedback on the SPA (new) vs MVC (old) version. There are some features I want to work on that a SPA framework would benefit.

bnet said:
One thing I am torn on is acceptable images. A part of me wants to only include images of the diaper on either a dummy display or other non-person. ... However, I know that does not always give a great representation of the diaper's look and fit.

I guess in a way, not showing them being worn sort of isolates the visitors that have to wear them as if its being shamed? To show them being worn would almost say, hey, its nothing more than special clothing... Thoughts?

Exactly well put for both sides of the coin. For me I extensively try to find pictures of people actually wearing a type of protection (diapers, plastic underpants, outer garments, etc.) that I can judge based on my similar body shape for a GREAT fit. As the cliché goes, "a picture tells a thousand words". Please put in pictures from those that do selfies of them and their protective undergarments! There are thousands of images of male / female on the internet that are illustrating other types of underwear on their bare skin (i.e Calvin Klein, Tiger, etc.) so why not protective underwear real-person pictures? As an added level, viewing these types of pictures could / should be only by the log-in person looking for this aspect (I am neutral on this option, admin prerogative!).

I do agree that "tasteful" pictures are a first standard and may be an opinion to some point, but that is why I like "admin monitors" to decide. Size measurements are a good first start from a manufacturer, but actual real-life people that show a picture of the undergarment on them and how they lined up the size measurements for themselves, is the best key factor to purchasing for the next individual.

With the diaper versions, I am thinking about changing the Production From and To values and removing those, I am not sure we would ever get accurate information. Especially since most new productions are rolled out over time.

My thought is that each version would have a Month and Year value ( maybe just Year ? ) that identifies when that data is applicable. So If you entered information for a 1998 Pamper, then you would just be entering 01/1998 for instance. If there were changes in 1999, then a new version would be added for 01/1999, etc.

Maybe we don't even need the month - but I do know that subtle variations can occur from time to time ( mostly cost-cutting from the oversea factories ).

Back