Diaper Cream / Powder?

DiaperDusk72

Padded Yo-Yo Wielding Bounty Hunter
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Hi everybody! I was just wondering what other people do for diaper cream / baby powder while wearing as I’m looking for a bit of advice.

I use a pretty liberal amount of powder while wearing that usually works for me, but a lot of the times I end up with a slight amount of irritation around my hips - ironically where the pad isn’t but where the sides and tapes connect. Even when wearing a wet diaper for quite a while I usually avoid normal rashes or irritation but the dryness and tightness of where the diaper holds onto my hips starts to chafe.

I usually use coconut butter a little bit before wearing to moisturize my skin, would something like a diaper cream in this area help with this? I usually cover myself in powder from halfway up my thighs to below my belly button then rub in the rest when the diaper is on to try and help and it usually helps for at least an hour or two.

MellowUrchin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use petroleum jelly around the edges of the diaper when I expect lots of movement when hiking. I use either Desitin or Sudocrem on the skin inside the diaper.

Mapboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I tend to use baby oil or barrier cream to cut down on the rubbing and rash as I have sensitive skin. Also when I feel a rash coming on, I put some Aveno cream on the area and it gets rid of it

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If wearing overnight I don’t use anything - I’m extremely lucky and have never experienced nappy rash. When I’ve been in nappies over a weekend I have taken the precaution of applying Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment applied after showering at changing times. I don’t know if it would have been necessary, but it seemed a sensible thing to do and even after four continuous days and nights in nappies I remained comfortable.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I only use diaper rash cream if I get a rash and that would be Desitine. I use powder with every diaper. Cornstarch with aloe and vitamin e.

Reactions: DiaperedDragon

CherryPie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve been using an emollient cream, Zerobase. It keeps the skin healthy and soothes itchy, irritated skin. I find nappy and barrier creams unpleasant on the skin as they are very thick and sticky. Not to mention it’s very easy to get it on the tapes or landing zones which stops the tapes from sticking.

MangaFan

Fan of isekai manga and video games.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use a generic barrier cream most of the time, if I need a stronger cream I use 3M Cavillon.

Reactions: joemama

TheBob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I second the motion on Desiten.

Great stuff.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I use Aveeno diaper lotion as it contains Dimethicone, something Drs. recommend for diabetic feet.

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I usually use a strong Zinc oxide diaper rash cream.

AliB

Sweet little looking for friends 👑🎉
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
I use powder after a shower and sometimes a light sprinkle around the legs if wearing disposable. If I get the start of a rash I use A&D or desitin if it’s irritating. I love the way it makes me smell babyish. 👶

Last edited:

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
For me it's Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder also use Johnson Soft lotion for my skin. I mostly use the Regular powder along with the Lavender that I really like the smell of along with Corn Starch when I can find it !!
When I feel like I'm getting Diaper Rash I use Lamisil Cream. Yes its for Athletes foot fungus but that what diaper rash is , its works fanatic !!

Blue2006

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I got the free sample of the Tena pro skin cream being offered right now, that stuff so far, seems amazing. It’s not all thick like the other barrier creams. It goes on more like a lotion almost and works very well. I had some irritation going on, and it took care of that right away.

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I use Curash nappy rash cream, Bepanthen nappy cream, Curash baby powder around the outside of the guard edges and Premax anti-friction cream on the inside of my legs to prevent chafing.
The best way to avoid rashes is by cleansing your skin with some baby wipes or a shower before putting all the lotions and powder on.
Wearing a onesie will help take the weight off your diaper and allow you to do the tapes up with less tension. The difficulty is getting the right size onesie that isn’t too tight or loose for obvious reasons.
Good luck!

PNW509Little

Finding myself all over again
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I am usually 100% powder only. Initially in the beginning I had way more issues with irritation and then it slowly became less of an issue. On the occasion that I have irritation or rash, I have tried all kinds of creams and by far hands down the best one that I have found is TriDerma Barrier healing cream. Its so nice that it is not greasy at all but works as well, if not better than the heavy ones that are super thick and greasy. But I think as others have mentioned, the key really starts with making sure the area is kept super clean before putting the diaper on.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperDusk72

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Rita said:
For me it's Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder also use Johnson Soft lotion for my skin. I mostly use the Regular powder along with the Lavender that I really like the smell of along with Corn Starch when I can find it !!
When I feel like I'm getting Diaper Rash I use Lamisil Cream. Yes its for Athletes foot fungus but that what diaper rash is , its works fanatic !!
You can find this at the Dollar General. It's super soft and smells great. I think is smells better than J&J. They also carry lavender baby powder.

Attachments

• 20230106_182331.jpg
    20230106_182331.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

mattyd

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Calmoseptine is probably the most effective thing I use to get rid of or prevent diaper rash. I usually do a little bit in worst offending areas in crevices. Then I do Pinkav or Desitin or Aquaphor on other areas like butt. I use anti monkey butt power for baby powder. This keeps me from rashes even in high humidity and high heat in the south. It does make diaper pink though and I usually wear something over the diaper just incase it might dye the next bit of clothing.

Pinkav used to be what I used until I found Calmoseptine, but it is pretty effective unless it gets super bad, so use Calmoseptine in those incidents.

dljonathan

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

Zincofax.​