Diaper costs vs. medications - what's best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesecret

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
For people with limited income due to disability the cost of pull-up diapers is often a problem so I limit their use. I have an increasing problem with daytime bladder control due mainly to urge incontinence that is probably a side effect of another degenerative illness so going out unprotected is less of an option and I feel restricted in where I can go without protection. I know all the bathrooms when I go out for groceries or for other reasons. I see a doctor in a few days about this and I guess he'll probably recommend either medication or regular protection. Has anybody tried the medication? I heard it can have lots of side effects. A friend told me the doctor might write a prescription for diapers but does anybody know if workplace supplementary health benefits will cover this or how much information has to be provided, like do they need to get a diagnosis or have a claim report completed. A social worker told me I could contact my employer or union about supplementary benefits, but explaining the issue could be embarrassing.

AvrilNigaud

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Personally I am on 8 different prescribed medications plus 5-6 OTC medicines that are Dr, recommended. I am going the diaper route because of the good possibility of side effects that could interfere with my other medications. I also do not want surgical procedures because I have been told surgery may other not help or even make my condition worse. I am not ashamed of the diapers and if someone else has a problem with it, they are correct. It is their problem because I certainly don't have one.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Closing, as you've another thread on this elsewhere in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.