Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyindiapers

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
Do you wear Gloves when you change diaper? i wear them when i change my little, just wondering if im alone with this

Reactions: KrankyPants
I have a special needs daughter. My wife and I don’t wear gloves changing her, but the nurses that take care of her a couple days a week do wear gloves.

Even when changing a messy diaper it's no guarantee that you'll get anything on your hands. And if you have a sink nearby, a quick scrub with soap and water is usually sufficient?

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and RedPandaDL
I imagine the gloves are for their protection as well as yours. I always wash my hands first before going to the bathroom or changing my pad/pull-up or diaper.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
I don't wear gloves when I change my diapers. I will just wash my hands or take a shower after changing.

I have never had a partner so that situation has never come up.

Never have, you shouldn't have an issue with any of your (own) excretia, that's probably how Howard Hughes ended up with a piss-jar-library.
-
GISW

Indeed, for changing yourself wearing gloves is not needed, a good wash of your hands however is.
When someone else (like medical staff) changes you it is best practice to wear gloves and wash hands when done and removing said gloves, this because they come in contact with many patients.

For changing someone close to you in your private environment that you live with I also do not consider gloves as required, again proper hygiene by washing hands before and after is a must.

Thus I do not use gloves when changing myself.

Reactions: TigerDL, RedPandaDL, TheWolfEmperor and 1 other person
When I have a fecal accident, I use gloves ... things can get very messy while cleaning myself, and I do not like getting mess on my hands and than all over the bathroom ... especially if it happens in public.

Reactions: Sheepies and TheWolfEmperor
I don't wear gloves when I change myself. I figure it's my own waste. I just wash my hands. If I was changing someone else; I'd snap on the gloves.

When I use to change my own diaper I did not wear gloves but now when my girlfriend changes my Diaper she normally wears gloves.

Last edited:
Not when I change my own diaper. I've never changed anyone else, but if I did, I'd probably wear gloves.

Crazyindiapers said:
Do you wear Gloves when you change diaper? i wear them when i change my little, just wondering if im alone with this
That's a great question! I have never used gloves. If I get icky sticky rash cream on my fingers or powder I use a pampers baby wipe to wipe my hands before touching my diaper tapes if they're the adhesive style. Pampers wipes seem to remove everything, but I like Huggies for cleaning my boy parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back