Diaper change with Golves?

Crazyindiapers

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
Do you wear Gloves when you change diaper? i wear them when i change my little, just wondering if im alone with this

RedPandaDL

I love my Super Undies!😊
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a special needs daughter. My wife and I don’t wear gloves changing her, but the nurses that take care of her a couple days a week do wear gloves.

TheWolfEmperor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I imagine the gloves are for their protection as well as yours. I always wash my hands first before going to the bathroom or changing my pad/pull-up or diaper.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I don't wear gloves when I change my diapers. I will just wash my hands or take a shower after changing.

I have never had a partner so that situation has never come up.

GO3SBOTHWAY5

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Never have, you shouldn't have an issue with any of your (own) excretia, that's probably how Howard Hughes ended up with a piss-jar-library.
-
GISW

winterheart01

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
Indeed, for changing yourself wearing gloves is not needed, a good wash of your hands however is.
When someone else (like medical staff) changes you it is best practice to wear gloves and wash hands when done and removing said gloves, this because they come in contact with many patients.

For changing someone close to you in your private environment that you live with I also do not consider gloves as required, again proper hygiene by washing hands before and after is a must.

Thus I do not use gloves when changing myself.

KitsuneFox

Medically Incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
When I have a fecal accident, I use gloves ... things can get very messy while cleaning myself, and I do not like getting mess on my hands and than all over the bathroom ... especially if it happens in public.

Paddy2020

Paddy2020
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I don't wear gloves when I change myself. I figure it's my own waste. I just wash my hands. If I was changing someone else; I'd snap on the gloves.