Diaper at work?

Riko

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone!
I have a problem where my workplace's restroom is quite far away, and I drink a lot of water, about 4 liters a day, so I have to go to the bathroom about every half hour. I don't always have the opportunity to go out because it's a store that I have to close when I leave, and I think the people in the shops next to me look at me weirdly because they see me going out to the bathroom ten times a day. I would wear diapers, but I have to serve people and lift and bend a lot, so the diaper would definitely show somewhere. Do you have any advice on how to discreetly wear a diaper that can hold 1-2 fillings? It would be enough if I only had to go to the bathroom half or a third as often with it.
I don't have incontinence, but maybe I can get some useful answers here.

Twinmom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
First of all get Tranquility atn diapers. And wear a bodysuit. Good luck

Reactions: Jeff Rictus and Edgewater

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Well I'm incontinent so wearing is a must first off nobody noticed a thick diaper as quickly as they notice a leak so a higher capacity diaper is honestly better now as far as bending over go to a long and tall store and get some shirts .. I tuck them in but not always if your really worried about it get a onesie..I know how that sounds and when my wife suggested it I scoffed..she secretly ordered me several in plain color's and I must say they are great they help hold everything in place especially when wet. I wear a onesie with a tight pair of underwear over it and it's great but as far as diapers go mega max is great and so are the abena with a booster ... The mega max can hold a lot they last me all day even with my diretics especially with a booster...more time living ..less time changing ..best of luck🤙

Reactions: Edgewater, Constantlydamp and munkey

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Tranquility atn with a booster is a decent setup and affordable too. Thanks twin mom 😁

Reactions: Edgewater and Twinmom

patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Is there a reason why you are drinking so much? 4 Liters a day seems like an unnecessary amount of liquid. My advice would be first and foremost to limit liquids to a healthier amount, so you don't need to spend so much time in the bathroom. If you are so thirsty that you can't stop drinking that much water, I would recommend seeing a doctor right away as you might have diabetes or another medical condition.

As far as wearing padding, that is really up to you how far you want to take it. Wear what you want for your needs. There is no such diaper that will keep you discreetly protected for 10 wettings a day without changing. You will need to find the right combination of drinking less water, finding protection that you enjoy, and wearing the correct clothing that can keep your protection discreet.

Wearing an undershirt that you can tuck into your pants is a good place to start to keep everything hidden. Another option is to just be mindful of your motions and always bend over in such a way that your waistband is never exposed.

As far as what protection to wear, ATN is almost never the best choice. They hold at most 1 wetting, and a booster will not be enough to make it comparable to Abena, Molicare, MegaMax or many others. I suggest Abena M4/L4 as they are super comfortable, affordable, and hold a pretty good amount for the price. They will easily hold 2-3 wettings without issue and cost only a little more than ATN. Northshore MegaMax holds the most of any reasonable diaper, but they are cost-prohibitive unless you have no way to change in the middle of the day. They will hold 5-6+ wettings, but they start to get so thick that they can cause problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, Cammer, UrgentWees and 1 other person

MaxSyd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'd suggest a higher capacity diaper if you are drinking that much! Like a mega max or betterdry?
If you are worried about the diaper sticking out over your waist line have a look at getting an adult body suit/onsie reazrs make some.
also there is a company in Australia called wonsie that do body suits for people with a disability and do ship internationally. Fyi the wonsie material feels amazing! Make sure to get the one with the snap crouch not the back zip 😆 unless you want to be locked in haha

Reactions: Edgewater

Riko

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I only drink this much when I'm working, not at home. When I'm working, I usually drink more, and I'm also dieting, which increases my water intake, because when I feel hungry, I tend to sip. I don't think it's unhealthy to drink this much, just unnecessary. I'm not looking for a solution for 10 urinations, I just want to shorten the time it takes to go to the bathroom during work. If I can hold it for 2 urinations and the smell won't be noticeable after 10-20 minutes, I would be happy. I've tried those diapers, but they didn't seem discreet to me. I have loose clothing, but I don't think even an Abena M4 would cover them.

Riko

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The onesie does seem like a good idea, I will try it out, thank you for the tip.

Str88jacketabdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I wear 24/7 so wearing to work is an everyday thing for me. (Currently at work in a seni quartro).

For what you’re saying I’d almost be breaking it down like a cost vs benefit when it comes to capacity.

If you just want a diaper that’ll hold 1-2 wettings and you go use the potty every thirty minutes then you’ll have to change every hour.

So your quick potty trips turn into full on diaper changes once an hour. And if you’re concerned about people paying attention to your habits as you mentioned now you’ll need to start carrying essentially a diaper bag with you back and fourth to the bathroom.

Personally if your goal is to start wearing to work. I’d go with the highest capacity you’re comfortable concealing. Say a Betterdry.

If you wear a premium diaper you can push it further. If I were in your shoes I’d be shooting to wear a diaper that can cover half a shift so one diaper change once a shift so say a noon change then a change at home.

Rob110

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I wear 24/7 and have found Betterdry Diapers work best for me

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
My best advice would be the Betterdry DAY, i do use them and they hold up to 4 wettings (350ml round about each), during the day they are better than the normal version and are much much thinner and stay thinner.

Beside that, going every 30 minutes and drinking "only" 4000ml seems strange. I drink up to 8000ml a day due to a medical condition and go every 60 minutes at the moment, what is about 350ml every time, not that much for a male.
You should check your volume when peeing, it seems to be to low.

There is also the variant to use condom catheters and a leg bag, the size of 500ml or 750ml is still somehow discrete and easy to empty.

Reactions: Edgewater and Constantlydamp

Constantlydamp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I think your suggestion of a condom catheter (or a body worn urinal) is spot on. Great Bear do a 750ml bag which is still discreet and would cope with two wettings before it would need emptying and can be worn all day with no need to carry a nappy stock around with you.
Pino said:
My best advice would be the Betterdry DAY, i do use them and they hold up to 4 wettings (350ml round about each), during the day they are better than the normal version and are much much thinner and stay thinner.

Beside that, going every 30 minutes and drinking "only" 4000ml seems strange. I drink up to 8000ml a day due to a medical condition and go every 60 minutes at the moment, what is about 350ml every time, not that much for a male.
You should check your volume when peeing, it seems to be to low.

There is also the variant to use condom catheters and a leg bag, the size of 500ml or 750ml is still somehow discrete and easy to empty.

LuckyAsADuck

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
patrick1776 said:
Is there a reason why you are drinking so much? 4 Liters a day seems like an unnecessary amount of liquid. My advice would be first and foremost to limit liquids to a healthier amount, so you don't need to spend so much time in the bathroom. If you are so thirsty that you can't stop drinking that much water, I would recommend seeing a doctor right away as you might have diabetes or another medical condition.
I'm with patrick on this one -- 4 Liters is excessive. 2L for the entire day is typically good, unless you're sweating all day. I'd limit the fluid intake, and seek the advice of your doctor.

Bladder issues are no joke, and nothing to mess around with. Once you start masking your root issue with diapers/briefs/etc., it only gets worse because you aren't addressing the problem. This is why most insurance in the USA won't pay for them, because it's not designed to treat your issue of fluid volume / frequency, it's designed as a stop-gap while you sort it out.

So what if people look at you weird for having to use the bathroom, better that than ending up with issues down the road.

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
LuckyAsADuck said:
I'm with patrick on this one -- 4 Liters is excessive. 2L for the entire day is typically good, unless you're sweating all day. I'd limit the fluid intake, and seek the advice of your doctor.

Bladder issues are no joke, and nothing to mess around with. Once you start masking your root issue with diapers/briefs/etc., it only gets worse because you aren't addressing the problem. This is why most insurance in the USA won't pay for them, because it's not designed to treat your issue of fluid volume / frequency, it's designed as a stop-gap while you sort it out.

So what if people look at you weird for having to use the bathroom, better that than ending up with issues down the road.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/water/
The National Academy of Medicine suggests an adequate intake of daily fluids of about 13 cups and 9 cups for healthy men and women, respectively, with 1 cup equaling 8 ounces. [1] Higher amounts may be needed for those who are physically active or exposed to very warm climates. Lower amounts may be needed for those with smaller body sizes. It’s important to note that this amount is not a daily target, but a general guide. In the average person, drinking less will not necessarily compromise one’s health as each person’s exact fluid needs vary, even day-to-day.​

That's 3 liters for men and a little over 2 liters for women.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...nd-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256
The Mayo Clinic suggests:​
  • About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids a day for men
  • About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women
These recommendations cover fluids from water, other beverages and food. About 20% of daily fluid intake usually comes from food and the rest from drinks.​

That drops it down to 3 liters for men and a little over 2 liters for women from drinks.

Up above, @Pino states that he takes in 8 liters per day because of a medical condition, but only voids every 60 minutes on average. Twice as much fluid, half as many voids, and that's with a medical condition. I could offer up myself as an example also, but the point is, you should see a doctor to make sure everything is okay.

Riko is not too excessive with his fluid intake, if he is active at work, but he is complaining about excessive urination, indicating he is either not divulging medical details, or he has not pursued answers with a medical professional.

@Riko If you are chronically thirsty, you should see a doctor. If you are needing to void every 30 minutes, you should see a doctor. Both are indicators that something is not right. We can't offer medical help, but we can strongly suggest seeking medical help.

Kevster

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Some good options / advice has been said Above. I use Incontrol Diapers ( Elite Style ). I myself Have suffered with Incontience for 35+ years. Almost died on a 3 wheeler ATV before they made them Illegal. Incontrol is a Canadian Company but also ships to USA. I also wear a Body Stocking ( onesie style ). This covers everything up and also supports Diapers as they get used. They also sell Tall body suits & Regular ( white & Black ). Many options and Styles are available. Incontrol also sells 2 different booster pads ( Scented & Non scented). Might be some good options for you. Being Incontient can be tough but with good products this Disability can be managed.

Reactions: HereWeGo2169

Riko

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Today I will try the betterdry l10 diaper with one booster and a longer shirt, I hope it will last until the end of the shift. 😁

Riko

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
CheshireCat said:
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/water/
The National Academy of Medicine suggests an adequate intake of daily fluids of about 13 cups and 9 cups for healthy men and women, respectively, with 1 cup equaling 8 ounces. [1] Higher amounts may be needed for those who are physically active or exposed to very warm climates. Lower amounts may be needed for those with smaller body sizes. It’s important to note that this amount is not a daily target, but a general guide. In the average person, drinking less will not necessarily compromise one’s health as each person’s exact fluid needs vary, even day-to-day.​

That's 3 liters for men and a little over 2 liters for women.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...nd-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256
The Mayo Clinic suggests:​
  • About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids a day for men
  • About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women
Ezek az ajánlások a vízből, egyéb italokból és élelmiszerekből származó folyadékokra vonatkoznak. A napi folyadékbevitel körülbelül 20%-a általában ételből, a többi pedig italokból származik.​

Ez a férfiaknál 3 literre, a nőknél pedig valamivel több mint 2 literre csökkenti az italokat.

Feljebb @Pino azt állítja, hogy egészségügyi állapota miatt napi 8 litert vesz be, de átlagosan csak 60 percenként ürül. Kétszer annyi folyadék, feleannyi üreg, és ez egészségügyi állapot miatt van. Felhozhatnám magamat is példaként, de a lényeg az, hogy orvoshoz kell fordulnod, hogy minden rendben legyen.

Riko nem túlzott a folyadékbevitelével, ha aktív a munkahelyén, de túlzott vizeletürítésre panaszkodik, ami azt jelzi, hogy vagy nem árul el orvosi adatokat, vagy nem kereste a választ orvossal.

@Riko Ha tartósan szomjas vagy, érdemes orvoshoz fordulni. Ha 30 percenként ürítenie kell, orvoshoz kell fordulnia. Mindkettő azt jelzi, hogy valami nem stimmel. Orvosi segítséget nem tudunk ajánlani, de határozottan javasoljuk az orvosi
So does this frequent urge to urinate indicate a disease? I am not aware of any disease that I have. At home, I do not drink so much, and even if I drink, I do not go to the bathroom every half hour. At work, I move around a lot, I am truly active. I have not thought about going to a doctor before.

Kevster

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Yes you should book an appointment with a Urologist. Sounds like OAB ( Over Active Bladder ). Best to run the tests to make sure nothing more serious. You may want to get a prescription for Pads / Diapers. This can be used as Medical on your Taxes. Helps with cost of Supplies.

Riko

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I searched and I see that the tests that reveal whether there is a problem or not are quite unpleasant. I know this is an irresponsible statement, but I still feel very young at 21 to go through these tests. Honestly, I'd rather wear diapers than have things inserted into me.😅 If the situation doesn't get worse, I'll be content with this state.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
A friend on here has the same problem every 20 minutes needs to go. So he wears 24/7 wears a onesie to cover the diaper from peeking out when bending over babykins sells adult sizes in white plane colors no print very well made.also stops diaper sagging when wet.