Design Your Dream Diaper

I'd want the features of a few different diapers put together. I'd want the outer backing of the Cloth Backed ABU Preschools, which is easily my favorite backing. The wings and taping system of the Bambino Magnifico, front and rear waistbands too, and the absorbent pad of the ABU Simple/Space/Paws diaper. I'd like all of those put together on a diaper that is priced around $1.67/diaper. That would be my absolute ideal, I'd buy nothing else if it was made. Maybe try to incorporate some Bambino style all over prints on it if possible.

Last edited:
Maux said:
I'd want the features of a few different diapers put together. I'd want the outer backing of the Cloth Backed ABU Preschools, which is easily my favorite backing. The wings and taping system of the Bambino Magnifico, front and rear waistbands too, and the absorbent pad of the ABU Simple/Space/Paws diaper. I'd like all of those put together on a diaper that is priced around $1.67/diaper. That would be my absolute ideal, I'd buy nothing else if it was made. Maybe try to incorporate some Bambino style all over prints on it if possible.

Haha. I think the price you want is not expensive enough.

trysexiea said:
Haha. I think the price you want is not expensive enough.
Oh it's definitely not, but this is my dream diaper of course, lol. So I'm aiming for the Abena price point. Practically speaking I'd like it to at least be at the Simple/Space/Paws price point, but even that might not be feasible. That said, I'd imagine the Preschool backing is somewhat cheaper to produce, as it's ABU's discount diaper, so that might help somewhat.

trysexiea said:
Interestingly, I do not personally think the 3 tape is the most effective, I think a single larger tape would be much more effective if it is well placed.
I think it would be complicated, and impractical to have pulp on the wings, I think it would be more interesting to have real barriers higher and not passable.
I do not really think that having less pulp and more SAP would be a good idea.
elastics along the diaper will give no result, and give an accordion rendering.
several colors, increases the price and the quantities. it is possible to easily avoid transfers, and discoloration.
the customization of the adhesive tape at the front corresponds to a price increase, requests minimum quantities, and a longer time.
All in all what you ask for is relatively easy to manufacture, the only problem is that there must be demand for the product.
Absorbent material in the wings is actually a good idea, especially for side sleeper, as diapers tend to leak out in those areas because of gravity. They are already sort of doing this with most diapers, where they add an inch or two of more padding to make it an hour glass figure instead of a rectangle. It would just be adding more, thus more leakage protection for that one instance.

The thing is SAP does not wick, with with the diapers I mentioned, that is the major issue with them. They are mostly SAP and with little amount of pulp. You have to have a good mixture of both since they preform different functions in a diaper. I guess our wires got crossed in translation, because I was meaning a little more pulp.

As for elastics, nah, we already have some diapers that have elastics in the crotch area to keep it up. I was just thinking of going one step closer a few strands of the threaded elastics like they use in that case. Not stretched tight, but enough so that when the material gets wet, it still holds it close to the body. I haven't seen the ones in the crotch do the accordian effect. Either that, or some sort of diamond grid reinforcement like with some of the trashbags.

The three tapes, at least in my experience work better to get a more customizable fit than the single tape diapers. The one thing I will give depends, was the three tape per a side made them fit perfectly.

As for colors and customization, well, that's a pipe dream really, something that I would love to be able to produce. I know there would be great demand for it, even if it took an extra few days to print the tape panels and include in the package for people to put on themselves. Tape panels actually seem to be good sellers, as ABU seems to have a lot of them, and they can be printed pretty easily.

As for mix cases and different designs in bags, they already do that to a degree. Its common in baby diapers, pullups, sleep pants, and even some abdl diapers already. All you need to do is set up a sorting station at the end of the machines to push the three or four different colors together to make a mix.

All in all, this is about designing the perfect diaper, and each person has their own idea for it. If I were to actually have enough assets to open up a company, I'd be more or less doing boutique diapers for older kids and adults so that they can feel better about having to wear versus just purely ABDL.

Azie said:
Absorbent material in the wings is actually a good idea, especially for side sleeper, as diapers tend to leak out in those areas because of gravity. They are already sort of doing this with most diapers, where they add an inch or two of more padding to make it an hour glass figure instead of a rectangle. It would just be adding more, thus more leakage protection for that one instance.

The thing is SAP does not wick, with with the diapers I mentioned, that is the major issue with them. They are mostly SAP and with little amount of pulp. You have to have a good mixture of both since they preform different functions in a diaper. I guess our wires got crossed in translation, because I was meaning a little more pulp.

As for elastics, nah, we already have some diapers that have elastics in the crotch area to keep it up. I was just thinking of going one step closer a few strands of the threaded elastics like they use in that case. Not stretched tight, but enough so that when the material gets wet, it still holds it close to the body. I haven't seen the ones in the crotch do the accordian effect. Either that, or some sort of diamond grid reinforcement like with some of the trashbags.

The three tapes, at least in my experience work better to get a more customizable fit than the single tape diapers. The one thing I will give depends, was the three tape per a side made them fit perfectly.

As for colors and customization, well, that's a pipe dream really, something that I would love to be able to produce. I know there would be great demand for it, even if it took an extra few days to print the tape panels and include in the package for people to put on themselves. Tape panels actually seem to be good sellers, as ABU seems to have a lot of them, and they can be printed pretty easily.

As for mix cases and different designs in bags, they already do that to a degree. Its common in baby diapers, pullups, sleep pants, and even some abdl diapers already. All you need to do is set up a sorting station at the end of the machines to push the three or four different colors together to make a mix.

All in all, this is about designing the perfect diaper, and each person has their own idea for it. If I were to actually have enough assets to open up a company, I'd be more or less doing boutique diapers for older kids and adults so that they can feel better about having to wear versus just purely ABDL.

There is another technology that the pulp allows to stabilize the SAP, which allows to significantly reduce the thickness without reducing the absorption. That's why I say that increasing the amount SAP is a better idea. After the night if you have leaks the problem may be that you do not run the sex down

i would love an adult diaper with the features of a baby diaper with mature and feminine yet still cute and adorable prints, such as flowers, hearts, rainbows, stars, bees, bunny heads all with cute faces with sparkly eyes on them, with super frilly leg cuffs and waist elastic like modern baby diapers, a one tape system similar to the abu diapers such as the abu lavender, thick padding like an abena that swells up and becomes squishy like a tena, a wetness indicator with 3 yellow stripes like modern baby diapers that either smudge like a tena or shine through the cloth backing like a pampers swaddlers as it turns blue, i wanted a diaper like that since i was a teen when i couldn't fit into a pampers or a goodnite anymore

To the people who wanted to upsize/recreate baby diapers and baby training pants: I wouldn’t want plastic backing to go away. :(

Last edited:
Back