Depends night defense pull-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinony95

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I just picked up two packs of the depends night defense for men at target for like 15$ a pack.
They are such an improvement over the regular fit flex pull-ups that I’ve normally had. Just a shame they aren’t found in more stores. I only find the women’s version in CVS and Walgreens the men’s is only available online or at target.
Anyone else ever try these before? What are you guys think?

There are actually 3 levels of absorbency for the standard depends pull ups, but none of them are very absorbent at all. At most they will hold 1 average wetting or 2 small wettings. I hardly noticed any difference between them and would advise against any of the fit-flex pull ups.

There is something to be said for the comfort and discreetness of Depend Real-fit/Silhouette if you don't need the absorbency, but why anyone would ever bother with the regular depends is beyond me.

It is also not just the lack of absorbency, but the design and location of the padding. They put the padding so high up in the front that it never gets fully used, meanwhile, there is no padding in the middle or the back which is where gravity pulls the urine down toward. They don't hold nearly enough for full time urinary incontinence, and what little padding they do have is never properly utilized due to a bad design. Plus, by having no padding in the back, forget about any protection from a messy accident.

1669663243323.png

Reactions: tdlrfootedpjs and pinony95
patrick1776 said:
There are actually 3 levels of absorbency for the standard depends pull ups, but none of them are very absorbent at all. At most they will hold 1 average wetting or 2 small wettings. I hardly noticed any difference between them and would advise against any of the fit-flex pull ups.

There is something to be said for the comfort and discreetness of Depend Real-fit/Silhouette if you don't need the absorbency, but why anyone would ever bother with the regular depends is beyond me.

It is also not just the lack of absorbency, but the design and location of the padding. They put the padding so high up in the front that it never gets fully used, meanwhile, there is no padding in the middle or the back which is where gravity pulls the urine down toward. They don't hold nearly enough for full time urinary incontinence, and what little padding they do have is never properly utilized due to a bad design. Plus, by having no padding in the back, forget about any protection from a messy accident.

View attachment 95231
I bother with them because they are relatively accessible and very discreet. Yes these should only be used for light wetting/incontince. I work in a large warehouse and the bathrooms can be a 5 to 10 min walk away depending on which part you are in so I wear them just in case.

Reactions: TexasDiaperLover
Yeah I wear these sometimes when I want something descreet. But be warned, these are not designed for multiple wettings. They are designed to be changed after they get wet. I found that they weep right through the barrier and get my clothing wet. I usually will put my underwear over them and then I have to wear a pair of waterproof pants with them as well. My underwear almost always gets wet.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and pinony95
I actually find them effective at night for bedwetting as long as you wear good feeling plastic pants over them. They hold a lot, but they do soap through to the rubber pants.

Reactions: pinony95
Only depends would make an overnight diaper that leeks though overnight. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: chamberpot and LePew
I have never had good results with Depends. I have tried a few different products and, for me, they are the most unreliable diaper I've ever tried.

"Leeks thru" just noticed my spelling. Thanks voice to text. If it "leeks" thru, would you smell onions. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: AJFan2020 and dogboy
These have both their pluses and their minuses. I am a male so I use the Night Defense for Men.

The pluses:

1. You pull them on like underwear so you can‘t really put them on wrong (as long as you pull them all the way up) and check the packaging to determine which side is the front (and which side is the back) and you have the padding on the inside. Needless to say the product will not work if you have it on inside out.

2. Also, you need to measure your waist size before buying these. Proper sizing is important in order to keep leaks to an absolute minimum.

The minuses:

1. There is not enough padding in the front or back. For males, it is necessary to aim straight down and on center (as much as possible) to avoid missing the padding completely and leaking.

2. These do no handle flooding well. To minimize the chance of leaks either pee at a medium speed without stopping as soon as you feel the urge to empty your bladder or pee into it (more or less) full force in three to five second intervals each time cutting the flow and giving the product time to absorb. I can confirm that (if used in this fashion) the product works standing up, lying down or squatting down.

I have not tried using one while sitting down on a chair or other hard surface so I don’t know if they work in that situation.

3. These have leak guards but not the tall standing kind. This means that they can’t be used with a booster (such as a Tykables Dubbler).

4. Due to insufficient padding in the back and the lack of tall standing leak guards these are only useful for wetting (and even then to a somewhat limited degree).

About an hour ago I just tried wetting one sitting down. I drank a normal amount of liquid (about half of a plastic cup of water whenever I was thirsty over the course of about four hours) and when I eventually noticed the urge to “go” I took a new Depend Night Defense for Men (This is the old product still in stores, not the new and improved one advertised on their web site.) out of the package and put it on (making sure that it was up all the way). Then I positioned myself so that I was aimed down and as on center as possible. (By the way the temperature of the room was between 70 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit.)

After that I sat down in my bathtub with my knees up and my feet flat on the bottom of the tub. Then after taking three or four deep breaths I let go at about a medium speed until I felt completely empty. I remained seated for (I would estimate) about two to three minutes to give the product adequate time to absorb. As far as I can tell there were no leaks.

I still don’t know if this product will work sitting down on a plastic or other hard chair with clothes on. Even if it does it would never be able to handle a second wetting. I noticed after standing up that almost the entire product seems to have absorbed quite a bit of liquid front to back and that the super absorbent polymer seemed to have divided itself into two clumps. Therefore (almost inevitably) if it is used for a second time there will be an area with fluid repelling top sheet but no super absorbent polymer where a leak will almost inevitably occur.

This means that the product can (at least sometimes) work while sitting down on a hard surface (at least under fairly ideal conditions) with little to no leakage.

I was surprised that this product seems to have held up as well as it did. I still don’t believe the “up to 12 hours“ claim, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back