Depends night defense pull-ups

pinony95

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I just picked up two packs of the depends night defense for men at target for like 15$ a pack.
They are such an improvement over the regular fit flex pull-ups that I’ve normally had. Just a shame they aren’t found in more stores. I only find the women’s version in CVS and Walgreens the men’s is only available online or at target.
Anyone else ever try these before? What are you guys think?

patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
There are actually 3 levels of absorbency for the standard depends pull ups, but none of them are very absorbent at all. At most they will hold 1 average wetting or 2 small wettings. I hardly noticed any difference between them and would advise against any of the fit-flex pull ups.

There is something to be said for the comfort and discreetness of Depend Real-fit/Silhouette if you don't need the absorbency, but why anyone would ever bother with the regular depends is beyond me.

It is also not just the lack of absorbency, but the design and location of the padding. They put the padding so high up in the front that it never gets fully used, meanwhile, there is no padding in the middle or the back which is where gravity pulls the urine down toward. They don't hold nearly enough for full time urinary incontinence, and what little padding they do have is never properly utilized due to a bad design. Plus, by having no padding in the back, forget about any protection from a messy accident.

1669663243323.png

Reactions: tdlrfootedpjs and pinony95

pinony95

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
patrick1776 said:
There are actually 3 levels of absorbency for the standard depends pull ups, but none of them are very absorbent at all. At most they will hold 1 average wetting or 2 small wettings. I hardly noticed any difference between them and would advise against any of the fit-flex pull ups.

There is something to be said for the comfort and discreetness of Depend Real-fit/Silhouette if you don't need the absorbency, but why anyone would ever bother with the regular depends is beyond me.

It is also not just the lack of absorbency, but the design and location of the padding. They put the padding so high up in the front that it never gets fully used, meanwhile, there is no padding in the middle or the back which is where gravity pulls the urine down toward. They don't hold nearly enough for full time urinary incontinence, and what little padding they do have is never properly utilized due to a bad design. Plus, by having no padding in the back, forget about any protection from a messy accident.

View attachment 95231
I bother with them because they are relatively accessible and very discreet. Yes these should only be used for light wetting/incontince. I work in a large warehouse and the bathrooms can be a 5 to 10 min walk away depending on which part you are in so I wear them just in case.

wiliawi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Yeah I wear these sometimes when I want something descreet. But be warned, these are not designed for multiple wettings. They are designed to be changed after they get wet. I found that they weep right through the barrier and get my clothing wet. I usually will put my underwear over them and then I have to wear a pair of waterproof pants with them as well. My underwear almost always gets wet.

Reactions: pinony95

iampadded

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I actually find them effective at night for bedwetting as long as you wear good feeling plastic pants over them. They hold a lot, but they do soap through to the rubber pants.

Reactions: pinony95

wiliawi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Only depends would make an overnight diaper that leeks though overnight. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: chamberpot and LePew

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I have never had good results with Depends. I have tried a few different products and, for me, they are the most unreliable diaper I've ever tried.

wiliawi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
"Leeks thru" just noticed my spelling. Thanks voice to text. If it "leeks" thru, would you smell onions. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy