Depends -- got some, they aren't bad, surprisingly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I snagged a real bargain on some Depends Maximum Absorbency diapers -- $11.99 for 24. I've been using them 'round-the-clock for 3 days now -- they're actually pretty good despite my past encounters with them from long ago (with their cloth, slip-on ones).

Fit-wise, they're very comfortable. They're thick enough so that you *always* know that you're wearing it, which made me happy.

Absorbency-wise, they rank an 8 out of 10. They held up quite a bit. The first capacity test was the 'old-fashined' way -- if you catch my drift. They held up for the whole night, from 7PM to 9AM the next day. by morning they were completely soaked, and not a single hint of a leak.

The next day I used water. they held an amazing 8 coffee-mug sized water pours, and no flooding/leaking. When they are wet, the swell up very nicely and give a nice bulge to them.

Look-wise, they're plain white plastic-backed, the same as you'd find in older style baby diapers. The only thing on them is a green dotted line going across the length of the diaper.

They are *very noisy*. Any slight movement will make a quite noticable (to the wearer, anyway) rustle from the plastic backing.

Overall, these diapers rank very high for me. A total of 9 out of 10! Very high considering they're depends.

So if you're on a tight budget, these are very formidable. I bought mine at walgreens, and they carried 16-packs for $8.99.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I don't know why everyone here gives them such a bad rap. They're very nice, in my opinion.

DprdC

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I swear by these since well, still live with the rents, can't get the diapers online. I have to agree.

The only real bitter thing about Depends Max are the tapes. Sometimes they're too sticky and grab some of the plastic right off the diaper. That's about it.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
One thing though, the tapes were shotty.

They fastened pretty well and they never came undone.

But them once you wanted to take the diaper off, it ripped the front plastic off and ruined any chance of re-fastening. Note though, that this was after about 2 hours of wearing. If you were to refasten them after just putting it on, you wouldn't have any problems.

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What type are they? I plan on buying these soon and not sure what there is to them.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
One thing though, the tapes were shotty.
If you were to refasten them after just putting it on, you wouldn't have any problems.
Actually when I got them they ripped off the plastic any time I tried, even right after I put have em on. The Depends also have a bad absorbency. I even tried wearing them with a pampers cruisers stuffer, and they started leaking after only 2 wettings. However, if you pee slowly there is a good chance that it should hold it all in, depending how many wettings you have done.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Can you take a picture of the package, or find a picture of it online so some of us know which ones you're using exactly :3...I think people give them a bad rating, because they are pretty bad compared to better brands...But they'll pass if it's all you have...

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I have used these too and also thought they were quite good. I liked how they were plastic-backed and had pretty good absorbency. They are probably the best diaper that is easy enough to get your hands on. There are definitely better ones out there, but as far as ones you will find everywhere, these are the best. I will need to go buy some more sometime soon.

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Depend is one of the of the most overlooked brands.Why are people bashing them,they are still a diaper arent they,give them a chancefitted_280x280.jpg

Role
Diaper Lover
The first time i bought diapers, they were depends... unfortunately im an idiot, and was so nervous i bought the wrong size and type!!! I got a large pullup, yuck! It was lose, and i wasnt a big fan, but thats not there fault. Ever since ive used attends and molicares, couldnt be happier. Molicares for those "special" occasions! lol

Rakai

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, , Carer
I just bought some of those and I hope to have as positive results as you do

Role
Private
Depend appreciated thread? :p

All I can say is, for a long while they used to be all I could get. They're good, people only give them a bad review because they set the bar for how good adult diapers should be. They are the absolute minimum. So of course people who wear other, better diapers are going to say they aren't good.

LostPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
their the only thing i can get here in ontario so yea i cant say anything bad about them.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Hmm... I haven't tried Depend in a while... maybe they've made some improvements.

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This was all I wore last year. They are fine diapers for the availability-- like every wal-mart has them.

Cake

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
This is exactly what I have.

They aren't half bad but I've noticed when you pee in them a lot it starts leaking out the front cover. Best to have some plastic pants.

audio file

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I might actually try them just because of this thread and I am genuinely surprised that someone rated depends at 9 out of 10!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I just bought some :3...I haven't tried these ones yet...It's been so long since I've seen a plastic backed diaper :O

Status
Not open for further replies.