Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Sadly, this will be mostly the end of the road for me on the FORUM.

I will drop in and out, and be active in IRC, however..what I feared is happening.

I FEEL (not trying to cause drama, this is pure opinion) like too many shifty people are signing up, we arte getting to large, and our "family" feel is steadily disapearing. (see first two reasons)
With a poof and a click. I bid adue.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I can't help but agree with you, unfortunately... At least I hope you'll go in the IRC regularly. :/

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
i remember when you first joined a long time ago. it seems you've developed into a much better person sense then. i'm sure you'll be missed on the forums, but it's not really our choise weather you stay or leave. it's always hard to see such a great member leave.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
However, if we do sudenly revert back to TBDL's ol good times feel I will gladly be back.

@link
Thank you. But, I have been the same person. I just had no trust in the site..... I thought the only way to survive (like the less disireable sites) was to be a total ...well you know. And, did'nt I adress that a LONG LONG time ago?
Sorry for spelling, and arcaiac words. T9ing this on my Archos605.

Role
Private
Sadly Drew, I have to agree with you...

Lately, I've been feeling this site has lost it's family appeal to it and there is less of a homely feel. Not that I think this site is going downhill, I still think it is infinitely times better than a lot of other places out there. But recently we've been having a good amount of strange, bizarre or otherwise dodgy users. I know that this community would die if it didn't grow, but sometimes I get the feeling that changing so we turn up in more web searches wasn't such a good idea.

Anyway, if or when you decide to return, then we'll welcome you back. See ya round Drew. :)

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's healthy skepticism that drives you, Drew, and I hope you are not completely right in your thoughts. I'll stay around a while longer and hope the trend slows down or even reverses. Meanwhile, take care of yourself and pop into the chat(s) when the mood strikes you. You'll be welcome anywhere you show up.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Unwanted and untruthful members are always going to be a part of any online community, no matter what its purpose. Part of making a community better, though, is persevering through that and staying strong and true to the original mission of the community itself to be one of the reliable ones whom it truly serves.

As for getting too large ... I still think we're quite undersized compared to what we used to be, but maybe I could be wrong.

Anyway, Drew, good luck.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Unwanted and untruthful members are always going to be a part of any online community, no matter what its purpose. Part of making a community better, though, is persevering through that and staying strong and true to the original mission of the community itself to be one of the reliable ones whom it truly serves.
Now, now. I am still going to be part of the community. Just not the forums.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I still think we're quite undersized compared to what we used to be, but maybe I could be wrong.

Anyway, Drew, good luck.
I think we're still getting back up to speed, and taking on some new people at the same time. The community is growing, yes, but it's not getting out of hand thanks to the diligence of the mods.

To all: keep the faith, and help each other :smile1:

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Regardless, I am also growing...bored of seeing the same posts over and over again about pissing yourself ya know?

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well I am sorry to hear that Drew your thoughts, opinions, and pressence will be missed. I do slightly agree with the site loosing its family appeal, but that is bound to happen with the bigger the community becomes. Also as for shifty people, that will always be around, theres no place that does not have shady people.
Also yes we are not even half of what we used to be, if I remember correctly we used to have 1,500-1,600 members when it is only about 600 right now. I do know for sure it used to be above 1,000. I think we might have the most active members than ever, since I have been on the site anyways.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i think this forum is just as active as the old TBDL was before it crashed. i.e. way too active to read even half the new posts every day. and definitely a sizeable percentage of what gets posted these days is crap.

let's remember that it's not something that happened accidentally but something that's being done deliberately to increase our exposure. the idea is that the more members we have the more people we can help. but if it's something that a lot of people are against, and something that's driving away some of our most valuable old-timers, maybe it would be worthwile to open a dialogue about whether we want that policy to continue.

personally i can see both sides of the issue. and i'm not sure whether moo would be willing to compromise on this issue even if most people disagree with him. but it'd be worth discussing at least. i hate to see old-timers get fed up and leave, and i too have felt more and more alienated by the community the larger we grow. at this point it's very difficult to become friends with anyone anymore: a few posts just get swallowed in the avalanch of spam. it starts to seem like there's not much point in posting.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I'd be willing to discuss these things you created a thread in administrative stuff about it.
Please note, however, that you'd need to actually propose something specific.

"Going back to the old times" is NOT specific. How exactly does one "go back to the old times?"

A specific proposal like "replace X with Y" would be better.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Unwanted and untruthful members are always going to be a part of any online community, no matter what its purpose.
Well said, that man. I worry a bit about some of the low-posting newbies with anonymous names like diapered12345. That sort of name implies a lack of investment and commitment - though this is not, by any means, always an accurate way to judge people. I believe that the way the site is structured, particularly in regard to social policy, gives the best guarantees that an online community could enjoy, that bad people will be detected and dealt with appropriately.

Any site that concerns fetishism AND mixes minors and adults will attract some unsavory types from time to time, whatever its growth rate or membership size. I trust in the mods' technical skill and detective powers, but moreso, in the self-policing/self-regulating nature of ADISC. I feel that the good the site does far outweighs the level of risk we face. But I totally sympathise with anyone who feels they should lurk in the shadows for a month or a year or forever, waiting to see what will happen down the road. If one is to have membership here, it should come with a reasonable degree of comfort, prefaced on a reasonable level of trust in the site and its safeguards.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'd actually suggest you stay here, Drew, and actually work at getting ADISC back to how it used to be. If you want to see ADISC back to how it used to be, you can't do much by just moping about in the background.

I for one, actually agree with Drew on this matter. Ever since we changed to ADISC and since Moo (as far as I know) made links to this site on other AB / DL websites, the influx of... "different" users has shot up to insane proportions. The Amount of unoriginal users signing up with names such as "babydiaper33" or other variants and then lurking around in the Diaper talk forum is... well, It's like an epidemic. I've gotta admit, 75 - 85% of those users come onto the forum and can only talk about one thing: Diapers. Trust me, I've got nothing against Diapers or DL's, but when they're the obsessed type, the types who can somehow bring up diapers in every discussion, It really makes them fit into the "Crazy DL Psycho" category.

As you can tell, I'm not to fussed on the amount of creepy new members signing up, but I'm not about to leave. I'm gonna work at getting ADISC to where it once was. A community, not a forum.

EDIT: Because even if I have to be the lone gunman standing on top of a hill at dusk, Blasting away the Tourettes Bird-flu Deeker Zombies infected with Mad Cow Disease, I'll still be here.

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
Am I the only member satisfied with the board? I am happy, moreso infact than I ever was on TBDL, sacrilegious!

I don't understand all this need to have the board becoming how it 'used to be' some people really need to take off the nostalgia goggles. The forum, yes, even TBDL has had its fair share of ''odd'' people signing up, to be blunt this is nothing more than elitism at its finest, If X sort of people sign onto MY community than I shall stomp my feet and quit the forum rather than help fix it, why should I do anything afterall these people don't belong here in the first place, Wah!" What a crock of bullshit Drew.

Can someone please explain these 'problems' with the forum to me? I don't see any problems. All I see is elitism. We're getting too large? Well, duh.
Why should we turn away members? It was a community? We don't you ask MarkFox & Peachy how they felt when dodgy unknown characters started to sign up on their forum, us.

If this is to continue it won't be the newbies that eventually tear me away from the community, it'll be the people that are already here.

Last edited:

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Wow, I think Monkey just owned everyone in this topic.

and now...

*Flies back and smashes through 2 walls*

Oh yeah, I got owned. :p

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
This is partly why the reputation system was devised. Every community that makes it's members feel at home as we do will get very large very quickly.

I really don't think that the user base has "exploded" that much, although I've only been here just over a year.

While this community does feel a bit big to a lot of members (I am no exception), there are always the groups within the community, VIP members are an example. Not everyone is going to become a VIP, but those with a higher rep do stand out more, and I feel they are the people newcomers can feel comfortable talking to, and maybe even look up to.

Now that I'm done with that completely off-topic rant, even if it is just the forums that you are leaving and not the community in general, you will be missed, Drew.

Take care.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
up until we get paris hilton on here then we haven't gotten that big. we're still a small subsect group of the internet>alt.fetish.diapers...
we're going to have our unsavory characters here and we have a keen mind to either show them that we're a fairly like minded, tight knit community that can help answer their questions or show them the door.
as far as pissy pants questions go, well, we're a diaper community. it comes with the territory, i guess. this forum is a tight rope act between adults and teens and between incontinent and casual users all the way through the sexual spectrum.
i guess i'm a unique individual, but i've found some great friendships throughout this community and i've acted on them. it's gotten to the point of almost like family to me.
i'll tell you this drew. take a break/breather then come back when you feel ready because if you're visiting here on an hourly or even daily basis then it can become taxing seeing the same old, same old.
love you bro and i wish you the best in your endeavors *hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.