Democracy is a joke.

PCPilot

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well lets take gun control as an example. The US constitution grants the government very very specific powers any power that is not specifically given to it, resides in the people. By the letter of the law, all gun control is unconstitutional....
So what you're saying is that the government has no right to prohibit felons, foreign aliens or minors to possess firearms? Too bad not a single federal judge agrees with you. The world is full of crackpots who claim to see the truth which no one else does. Welcome to the club.

LittleManAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
So what you're saying is that the government has no right to prohibit felons, foreign aliens or minors to possess firearms? Too bad not a single federal judge agrees with you. The world is full of crackpots who claim to see the truth which no one else does. Welcome to the club.
Yes.... nowhere in the 2nd amendment does it say "Unless you are a felon, foreign alien or minor," in fact what it does say is that the right "shall not be infringed" The world is also full of boot lickers who can't think for themselves.

PCPilot

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The world is also full of boot lickers who can't think for themselves.
Including the hundreds of federal judges nominated and confirmed by conservative Republicans. I guess they're all boot lickers too.

Hint - if you're the only "enlightened one" and everyone else are sheep, that says more about you than them.

LittleManAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Including the hundreds of federal judges nominated and confirmed by conservative Republicans. I guess they're all boot lickers too.

Hint - if you're the only "enlightened one" and everyone else are sheep, that says more about you than them.
Of course they're boot lickers, The interests of the parties has long gone ahead of the interest of the nation let alone the law.

Also I've never once pretended I'm the only enlightened one, so if you are unable to comprehend that tiny little fact it says more about you than it does about me.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Why is a republic better than a democracy?
Democracy vs. Republic. ... In a republic, a constitution or charter of rights protects certain inalienable rights that cannot be taken away by the government, even if it has been elected by a majority of voters. In a "pure democracy," the majority is not restrained in this way and can impose its will on the minority.

https://www.diffen.com › difference › De...

I copied that from google.

I can also explain why the "democratic republic" hybrid is not ok either. A straight republic is what you want no greedy representatives. We only needed these elected reps because back in the day noone had cars or planes. To go to these meetings they sometimes had to get together in far distances so instead they used an elected reprensative that was supposed to vote what the people wanted. Over time the elected representatives became corrupt doing opposite the people elected them for. This is why even a democratic republic is flawed also. The only way to go is straight Republic directly controlled by the people.
No reps or dems in my opinion. The founding fathers even argued among themselves of the concept two parties fighting on issues and NOT getting anything really done!
again i like to know where you get your info, it is mixed with false facts, weird bias with some truth behind it. I am about to give up conversations with you completely due to the confusion of flipping between opinion, lies, and facts.

anyways I think something can be savaged here and you are right about ONE of the reasons why we elect representatives and have the EC. What you neglected to explain they also did this on purpose because they where VERY WELL AWARE of the hive mind/sheeple concept, and did not want to have a large cluster of population dictate the rural areas. They put this Democratic-republic in place to fight against that, the very thing why trump has a cult following.

Also I like to know what supposedly does work if you think a democratic- republic is so flawed.

Also if you insist of calling bush SR bad I want you explain why with proof, I find that comment insulting about his death. bush JR! yes that was bad, so is trump, both of them should be in the running of 10 worst. but SR? why?

Of course they're boot lickers, The interests of the parties has long gone ahead of the interest of the nation let alone the law.

Also I've never once pretended I'm the only enlightened one, so if you are unable to comprehend that tiny little fact it says more about you than it does about me.
if the judges are so bad why are they able to call all his unconstitutional bs as such and tell unfair deportations to turn the plane around and such? or order him to not block people on twitter for telling the truth of his BS?

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
John Paul Stevens has insinuated pretty clearly that, when District of Columbia v. Heller was decided, there were four votes to declare it unconstitutional to prevent felons and the mentally ill to carry firearms, to declare anything a gun-free zone or to impose conditions or licensing on commercial gun sales.

So, ya know, we have pretty good evidence that some quite important people do believe that.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
John Paul Stevens has insinuated pretty clearly that, when District of Columbia v. Heller was decided, there were four votes to declare it unconstitutional to prevent felons and the mentally ill to carry firearms, to declare anything a gun-free zone or to impose conditions or licensing on commercial gun sales.

So, ya know, we have pretty good evidence that some quite important people do believe that.
I think of it like this, if someone is a danger to society, and committed a big enough crime, why should they have a say how society should run? Isn't there a conflict of interest there of allowing them to influence things to try push representatives to run society in further disarray?

Being mentally ill with a firearm is a conflict of interest. That person can have an epoisde where thy are very likely to snap and use it to cause harm.

PCPilot

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
John Paul Stevens has insinuated pretty clearly that, when District of Columbia v. Heller was decided, there were four votes to declare it unconstitutional to prevent felons and the mentally ill to carry firearms, to declare anything a gun-free zone or to impose conditions or licensing on commercial gun sales. So, ya know, we have pretty good evidence that some quite important people do believe that.
The majority was clear in the ruling (emphasis mine):

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

Stevens may have claimed otherwise (and it may be plausible that some in the majority decision may have felt that way) all we can go by is recorded opinions.

Is there one by a federal judge supporting such a claim? (I'm being generous. No appeals court would ever support such nonsense.)

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
again i like to know where you get your info, it is mixed with false facts, weird bias with some truth behind it. I am about to give up conversations with you completely due to the confusion of flipping between opinion, lies, and facts.

anyways I think something can be savaged here and you are right about ONE of the reasons why we elect representatives and have the EC. What you neglected to explain they also did this on purpose because they where VERY WELL AWARE of the hive mind/sheeple concept, and did not want to have a large cluster of population dictate the rural areas. They put this Democratic-republic in place to fight against that, the very thing why trump has a cult following.

Also I like to know what supposedly does work if you think a democratic- republic is so flawed.

Also if you insist of calling bush SR bad I want you explain why with proof, I find that comment insulting about his death. bush JR! yes that was bad, so is trump, both of them should be in the running of 10 worst. but SR? why?
Yes that could be a problem since i also live in a rural area and would not want city people making decisions on rural areas. I didnt say a republic is perfect but I do believe it's better than a democratic republic. We all need go back to the drawing board cause the current system sure hell isnt working.
The information I just quoted is in one the first search results in google. I also posted the link. I dont see why you think I'm mixing lies with truth. You may want to be specific on that? And really your gonna defend Bush senior? I would not expect someone with your knowledge to defend warmonger george bush senior? Really your actually gonna ask me why I don't like senior. Its not even worth answering to be honest. Look up a history book and see the damage he did. I'm sure you know why that guy should been jail a long time ago! I havent made up any false truth. I provided the link about planned parenthood founder was into eugenics and democrat hillary praising her on video. The KKK topic I can most certainly prove when I get back home to my laptop. I have archived lots of links over the years. I did not lie about the democrats like Chuck Schumer during Obama president on VIDEO asked for strong border securtity was against all illegal immigration. Im coming half way with you and even agreed on most of your points. This is a balanced debate no need get emotional.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think of it like this, if someone is a danger to society, and committed a big enough crime, why should they have a say how society should run? Isn't there a conflict of interest there of allowing them to influence things to try push representatives to run society in further disarray?

Being mentally ill with a firearm is a conflict of interest. That person can have an epoisde where thy are very likely to snap and use it to cause harm.
Yes I wouldnt want pychopath from owning a gun but who is to determine which mental illness bars someone from owning a firearm? Minor anxiety, depression, bipolar, ADHD is the government also gonna tell these people they cant have a gun? The amount power you want give someone is scary. All you do is make people defenseless and all they will do is go to the black market to obtain them. All you did is create more criminals. The crime should be judged on the act. Doesnt matter what used kill someone you comitted murder and should be charged for murder. Why does matter what tool they used? It was a blame on the person not the object.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Yes I wouldnt want pychopath from owning a gun but who is to determine which mental illness bars someone from owning a firearm? Minor anxiety, depression, bipolar, ADHD is the government also gonna tell these people they cant have a gun? The amount power you want give someone is scary. All you do is make people defenseless and all they will do is go to the black market to obtain them. All you did is create more criminals. The crime should be judged on the act. Doesnt matter what used kill someone you comitted murder and should be charged for murder. Why does matter what tool they used? It was a blame on the person not the object.
usually someone that is that greatly menially ill to be classified as such comes from an incident.
this lacks detail, I feel like you are twisting words around for a narrative as is.

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur

The majority was clear in the ruling (emphasis mine):

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

Stevens may have claimed otherwise (and it may be plausible that some in the majority decision may have felt that way) all we can go by is recorded opinions.

Is there one by a federal judge supporting such a claim? (I'm being generous. No appeals court would ever support such nonsense.)
I am not making a claim about what the constitution does or doesn't say, or what is or isn't good public policy. What I am saying is that the Justice who wrote the dissent for District of Columbia v. Heller claims that the line PCPilot bolded was only added by Justice Scalia after Justice Kennedy was lobbied by Justice Stevens.

With the current makeup of the Supreme Court it wouldn't actually be that shocking for every form of gun control to be found unconstitutional.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Yes that could be a problem since i also live in a rural area and would not want city people making decisions on rural areas. I didnt say a republic is perfect but I do believe it's better than a democratic republic. We all need go back to the drawing board cause the current system sure hell isnt working.
The information I just quoted is in one the first search results in google. I also posted the link. I dont see why you think I'm mixing lies with truth. You may want to be specific on that? And really your gonna defend Bush senior? I would not expect someone with your knowledge to defend warmonger george bush senior? Really your actually gonna ask me why I don't like senior. Its not even worth answering to be honest. Look up a history book and see the damage he did. I'm sure you know why that guy should been jail a long time ago! I havent made up any false truth. I provided the link about planned parenthood founder was into eugenics and democrat hillary praising her on video. The KKK topic I can most certainly prove when I get back home to my laptop. I have archived lots of links over the years. I did not lie about the democrats like Chuck Schumer during Obama president on VIDEO asked for strong border securtity was against all illegal immigration. Im coming half way with you and even agreed on most of your points. This is a balanced debate no need get emotional.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush
https://gyazo.com/22f3dd0a84ed4e01b359d73055e85f90
wiki said:
During a speech to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, Bush announced a vision to complete Space Station Freedom, resume exploration of the moon and begin exploration of Mars.[123] Although a space station was eventually constructed (work on the International Space Station began in 1998) other projects were quashed due to NASA budgetary issues. In 1998, Bush received the Rotary National Award for Space Achievement's National Space Trophy for his pioneering leadership of the U.S. space program.[124]

President Bush participates in a full cabinet meeting in the Cabinet Room in July 1992

During his presidency, Bush signed a number of major bills into law, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; this was one of the most pro-civil rights bills in decades. He was also the only president to successfully veto a civil rights act, the job-discrimination protection Civil Rights Act of 1990.[125] Bush feared racial quotas would be imposed, but later approved the watered-down Civil Rights Act of 1991.[126] He worked to increase federal spending for education, childcare, and advanced technology research. He also signed the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act which provides monetary compensation of people who had contracted cancer and a number of other specified diseases as a direct result of their exposure to atmospheric nuclear weapons testing undertaken by the United States during the Cold War, or their exposure to high levels of radon while doing uranium mining. In dealing with the environment, Bush reauthorized the Clean Air Act, requiring cleaner burning fuels. He quarreled with Congress over an eventually signed bill to aid police in capturing criminals, and signed into law a measure to improve the nation's highway system.[33] Bush signed the Immigration Act of 1990,[127] which led to a 40 percent increase in legal immigration to the United States.[128]
No one is perfect but I find your extreme view unjustified.

With the current makeup of the Supreme Court it wouldn't actually be that shocking for every form of gun control to be found unconstitutional.
if this is true how come these things are not under review?

Ik you where not making claims, but i was asking for your view on the issue, a question went unanswered.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush
https://gyazo.com/22f3dd0a84ed4e01b359d73055e85f90

No one is perfect but I find your extreme view unjustified.

if this is true how come these things are not under review?

Ik you where not making claims, but i was asking for your view on the issue, a question went unanswered.
Haha omg give me a break if your gonna talk against Trump but not talk about warmonger Bush Senior, I'm sorry I just cant continue to reply to your comments. Yes the guy does a few things to get the people to like them and when hes got them in his grasp he strangles them. Not any different then an high IQ psychopath. In fact some serial killers were very liked in society before they were found out. Its the easiest trick in the book. The problem is when a person does more bad than good, the person doesnt look like much of a hero anymore. I think you better research the Franklin cover up scandal during Georgie Senior presidency. The evil bastard helped cover up a huge pedo ring I believe in Boystown Arkansas. The guy is corrupt as they get you may want rethink looking up to this guy. I'm sure you will also dismiss this but there are rumors he was also part of Kennedys assasination I believe he lost to him in the past because he ran for president a couple times. Again I cannot prove this but alot people believe he may be partially responsible. George Bush senior also most likely controlled his dimwitted son Bush Jr. Senior Bush was a mean controlling monster.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Haha omg give me a break if your gonna talk against Trump but not talk about warmonger Bush Senior, I'm sorry I just cant continue to reply to your comments. Yes the guy does a few things to get the people to like them and when hes got them in his grasp he strangles them. Not any different then an high IQ psychopath. In fact some serial killers were very liked in society before they were found out. Its the easiest trick in the book. The problem is when a person does more bad than good, the person doesnt look like much of a hero anymore. I think you better research the Franklin cover up scandal during Georgie Senior presidency. The evil bastard helped cover up a huge pedo ring I believe in Boystown Arkansas. The guy is corrupt as they get you may want rethink looking up to this guy. I'm sure you will also dismiss this but there are rumors he was also part of Kennedys assasination I believe he lost to him in the past because he ran for president a couple times. Again I cannot prove this but alot people believe he may be partially responsible. George Bush senior also most likely controlled his dimwitted son Bush Jr. Senior Bush was a mean controlling monster.
The Franklin child prostitution ring allegations began in June 1988 in Omaha, Nebraska and attracted significant public and political interest until late 1990, when separate state and federal grand juries concluded that the allegations were unfounded and the ring was a "carefully crafted hoax

just like Alex jones/wiki leaks/ w/e fake news founded it, pizza gate. I am sure there is a lot of unfounded tinfoil theories, but regardless no president is perfect, BUT as far as I see, trump is the only president I know of that continuously violated people's constitutional rights, leading to judges keep ruling this or that as unconstitutional. did any president took great strides violate free press like trump has done?

if bush sr was so bad, all those news sources wouldn't be ranking him around 20th best.

If you want to stop talking to me because I am not swayed to all your tinfoil theories then that is on you (referencing the immigration thing with Hillary too, liberals do not want complete open borders, hate to break it to you. I asked for proof/ references for that and all you give me something on the founding of the KKK? i don't care about that.

ill give trump one thing, fake news does need to stop, but the thing is, he is calling the wrong things fake news, while relaying true fake news.

Last edited:

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The Franklin child prostitution ring allegations began in June 1988 in Omaha, Nebraska and attracted significant public and political interest until late 1990, when separate state and federal grand juries concluded that the allegations were unfounded and the ring was a "carefully crafted hoax

just like Alex jones/wiki leaks/ w/e fake news founded it, pizza gate. I am sure there is a lot of unfounded tinfoil theories, but regardless no president is perfect, BUT as far as I see, trump is the only president I know of that continuously violated people's constitutional rights, leading to judges keep ruling this or that as unconstitutional. did any president took great strides violate free press like trump has done?

if bush sr was so bad, all those news sources wouldn't be ranking him around 20th best.

If you want to stop talking to me because I am not swayed to all your tinfoil theories then that is on you (referencing the immigration thing with Hillary too, liberals do not want complete open borders, hate to break it to you. I asked for proof/ references for that and all you give me something on the founding of the KKK? i don't care about that.

ill give trump one thing, fake news does need to stop, but the thing is, he is calling the wrong things fake news, while relaying true fake news.
Yeah ok tinfoil conspiracy theories lol! Everything I said was backed up by wikipedia no Alex Jones articles here! The franklin coverup is not even close to the lame pizzagate story. I don't even listen to that guy he meant to discredit all conspiracy theories because the acts like a buffoon and his stupid cringey comedy turn everyone against the credible fact backed conspiracies. There's a whole documentary on the Franklin Child Prostitution ring! Alot more went on then your letting people know. That was the main problem with that scandal is because high up judges and congressmen were involved. I watched the entire documentary, I advise you do too. Of course the feds ruled it was a hoax they were part of it. How naive can people be? I mean why are you sooo obsessed with Trump, he's one puppet? Who are you decide what fake news is? Buzzfeed just last week got caught giving a totally bogus story and, crooked Mueller even said it was fake. How many times has CNN been caught with fake news stories or sources? Trump being ranked the top 20 worst presidents is an opinion from probably very small sample of people! Why do I care what CNN cares about in their twisted opinion who is the worst president? I have backed up everything I said except for showing proof the Democrats wanted border security during Obama. And like I kept my promise on other links, I will also provide the link of Chuck Schumer during obama presidency talking against illegal immigration and needed strong border security. It's on video so I don't see how you discredit this one! And to be honest Trump's probably the least harmful president we had so far. My main problem with Trump is he's not doing what he said he would do. He needs to build the wall and add other surveillance to deter people from digging under the wall. He needs to audit the federal reserve and brings back gold standard. He needs to keep his promise to withdraw troops from the middle east. He needs to bring the troops home and use them to massively defend our borders. Instead getting involved in other countries frickin business especially killing innocent people like he did in Syria. This is the only reason I have went against Trump. I do not fall for the other bandwagon nonsense with no proof claims accusing him of being racist, xenophobia, anti-gay. There is no proof for those stupid claims. He has NOT ended gay marriage nor has he attacked gays. I don't care who he slept with as long as they are over 18. What I care about is if he follows the constitution! I have no problem people criticizing him on the pipeline because I have as well. That's completely fair criticism and he should be criticized for that.
https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-franklin-cover-up/

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Analysis / Bias

Both The Atlantic Magazine and web publication produce quality journalism that utilizes moderately loaded wording that typically favors the left: This Is the Moment of Truth for Republicans. All news stories on The Atlantic are properly sourced to factual information and usually present a reasonable balance on issues. Editorially, The Atlantic takes a Left-Center position on most issues and has a long history of endorsing Democratic candidates.

A factual search reveals The Atlantic has never failed a fact check by an IFCN fact checker.

Overall, we rate The Atlantic Left-Center Biased due to editorial position and High for factual reporting based on excellent sourcing of information. (5/15/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 11/24/2018)

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/some-presidential-lies-are-impeachable-offenses/573421/

he should be impeached, end of story, his ability to doge it is another question.
Show me a president that did more damage though lies, constitutional right violations and freedom of the press impediments. Also brownie points for having a country be outspoken to ban him from entering, along with embarrassing racism. Now for the cherry on top, bans most middle east counties except the one where the 9-11 hijackers originated from, something something needed businesses ties.

Last edited:

ZetaSonic

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yes. Impeach him. Then you'll get Mike Pence, god of thunder, as the 46th. You won't get Bloody Hillary to replace him if you do that, or even that fossil Sanders.

Like I've always said: Leftists only want absolutism.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Yes. Impeach him. Then you'll get Mike Pence, god of thunder, as the 46th. You won't get Bloody Hillary to replace him if you do that, or even that fossil Sanders.

Like I've always said: Leftists only want absolutism.
Like the absolutism trump is trying to get away with?