Delusional Ol' Dad

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Tonight, during another semi-argument, I told my dad he is the reason for me wanting to move out.

''To me, that doesn't sound like the right reason,'' he says, but doesn't lay out what the right reason is.

He also believes I have just about all the freedom to do what I want here. That came from the mouth of the man who won't let me travel alone, won't leave me home alone for the weekend, and didn't even want me to learn how to swim.

And sure, dating women would be lots of fun here, when seeing two men kiss on TV is enough to fill him with disgust!

I ended it by saying I'm tired of being treated like I'm retarded. No comment. Then I proceeded to whoop his ass in the card game we were playing with the power of spite.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Heh. It takes even more spite to jump up and stomp off, overturning the table in the process and forcing your dad to play "52 Card (+Table, Chairs, & Drinks) Pickup," the bitterest variant of solitaire.

Just sayin'.

(There's always another level. :))

As for "the right reason," I think your dad is splitting hairs, and might be flat-out wrong depending on how abstract or culturally-referenced you want to get. I guess I'd say the right reason to move out is simply being ready and able to provide yourself a home. But readiness can be emotional and can be... uh... "inspired" by somebody else.

So your reason seems legit to me.

Some might argue there's a "want" component to it, and I'm not unwilling to hear that argument. After all, in parts of Asia, it's common to have three generations under one roof. I suppose my sense of obligation might be culturally derived. Certainly, if there's one thing the western schedule of family division ain't, it's economically efficient. But! We're capitalists. We're supposed to like it like this.

Last edited:
Take it from a elder perspective. Not saying it’s right.

it is easy to show love for your children when they are young. It is a lot harder when they are adults; you never stop worrying about them.

Have you tried telling him that you love him and it is okay to worry but, let you make mistakes?

KimbaFoxNatsume said:
Tonight, during another semi-argument, I told my dad he is the reason for me wanting to move out.

''To me, that doesn't sound like the right reason,'' he says, but doesn't lay out what the right reason is.

He also believes I have just about all the freedom to do what I want here. That came from the mouth of the man who won't let me travel alone, won't leave me home alone for the weekend, and didn't even want me to learn how to swim.

And sure, dating women would be lots of fun here, when seeing two men kiss on TV is enough to fill him with disgust!

I ended it by saying I'm tired of being treated like I'm retarded. No comment. Then I proceeded to whoop his ass in the card game we were playing with the power of spite.
Kinda curious how old you are.

But that sounds like a simple case of overprotective parenting...

I would suggest taking your freedom and saying peace out...

My little has the same issue with her parents. But we plan on getting her out of that situation at some point!

PaSS said:
Kinda curious how old you are.

But that sounds like a simple case of overprotective parenting...

I would suggest taking your freedom and saying peace out...

My little has the same issue with her parents. But we plan on getting her out of that situation at some point!
27 years old.

KimbaFoxNatsume said:
27 years old.
Oh gosh.... I stand by my statement... If you can. Get out... Over protective parenting... Gain your freedom and learn to be an independent adult.

Back