Not open for further replies.

redtails

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
Me again to nag about a silly bug.

The gallery doesn't delete pictures and inserted information of deleted accounts. Would it not be wise to (automatically) delete such things?

For example: Member Profile - My Photo Gallery . As these members no longer have an account, it's impossible for them to login (I'm guessing), so it's impossible for them to delete their pictures and information stored in the gallery, actually condemning them until the end of time. Someone will have to confirm whether or not the same thing happens with blogs, as I've not yet seen any.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, deleted users' posts aren't deleted, so it seems fairly consistent to not delete their galleries either. But then again, I pretty much never use the galleries, anyway., so maybe others will think differently.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
It'd also be nice to modify your pictures regardless of the gallery they're in. I always have to ask a mod to delete pictures when I get demoted.

Pictures should be deleted when accounts are deleted. I'm sure if the user was leaving for good they wouldn't want their pictures around anymore.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
I've added a warning to the 'close account' page:
warning said:
Certain data (e.g. photos in the site's gallery software) may remain, unless you delete them yourself prior to closing your account.

That should encourage people to clear up their gallery photos before closing their accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.