Definition of a sissy.

BuddyBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
We use the word frequently but, I bet, it has different meanings to us. Let's find out. I'll go first: A sissy is a male for prefers the company of females and accepts an inferior position in female society. He is not an equal; he is a "little sister" to the girls and women.

Reactions: AndyPandy, JensBabyGirl and LittleBoyCuddles
That may be how you feel...and dare I say, it's a bit of a narrow & sexist point of view. 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: PaddedRita and Edgewater
BobbiSueEllen said:
That may be how you feel...and dare I say, it's a bit of a narrow & sexist point of view. 🤔
That's why I want to hear other points of view, BobbiSue. Please tell us yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ali123 and LittleBoyCuddles
Why come on that strong? On top of that, I've read some of your other posts here, especially in Sexuality, and that alone, in context to your question, has my guard up.

I think the biggest misunderstood thing about the English language is that definitions constantly change. That has been especially true over the past 50-plus years of our culture; dictionaries have either incorporated new definitions or rewritten their definitions as a result. The at-large public, not elitist, 1-percenter board members, define definitions of words in our culture. Nobody has the right to compel or enforce definitions regarding nouns; they are subject to cultural, sectarian and societal interpretation. This is true in regard to the word "sissy" here in ADISC, a community somewhere between organized and ad-hoc.

First off, I'll give you a background of myself here: I was born male; that means I was born with a penis. I grew up around toxic masculinity and was constantly judged for my inability to "fit in" despite my plumbing. I was bullied, beaten up for 'noncompliance'. I took on work regardless of 'gender-typing': I can change engines and change diapers; I can build a house and cook a full-spread meal; I can drive a large diesel truck and I can sew. In short, I can fill a need, be it mine or another's need. The urgency of the need does not care about which gender fulfills that need; it only cares that it gets done. To that end, I both refuse and oppose the terms "women's work" and "men's work" vehemently.

To further that end, I got sick and tired of being seen as just a man. I hate masculinity, and the more toxic it is, the more I hate it. It is not me. And I am not 'effeminate', for I will not insult females by claiming it. I am gender-neutral; I am agender and should the opportunity to legally register as such arise, I will gladly jump on it. The one thing men, women and the non-binary have in common is the higher ground of humanity...and the obligation to embrace more of it. But instead, every vein of our culture is so determined on the whole to ignore that commonality of humanity and promote the lower-class differences of gender...even worship those differences to the point of wearing it on their sleeve. Forget that. Not me. I am human above all...gender is a distant second place.

What we here as the community acknowledge & embrace as 'sissy' is biological males, regardless of our gender identities, enjoying things & activities which may be seen as different from, or defiant to, our biological and societal assignments. I'm not sure if you're aware of this fact but anywhere from 75 to 85% of AB/DLs are male. And I'm sure you're aware that the AB/DL females of our at-large community, not just ADISC, are scarce to appear here or elsewhere because they get continually harassed and hit upon everywhere by males...and so, unfortunately, mostly end up hiding in the shadows. Not very fair, is it?

In "Muggle-Mode", I appear as a plain, ordinary, reserved male and my gender-neutral identity isn't as much concealed as it is difficult to express by clothing (not much gender-neutral clothing out there); but when I'm home and in a diaper, I'm a toddler girl. I love being an active, busy, entertained, contented toddler girl in thick diapers, diaper covers, cute-but-simple dresses, a bow on my head, cute shoes & socks, suckling on pink bottles & pacifiers, coloring, joyfully cuddling a 3-foot-tall teddy bear, watching cartoons...all that. It makes me feel at very great ease and content; I'm loathe to use the word "happy" because our current cultural default definition for "happy" is "excited, euphoric, dazzled", etc. Contentment is a far better definition. I don't do this to defy; I do this because it is extremely comfortable, fun...contenting. Peaceful. And it feels very nice. It doesn't make me any less male or even any less agender; it makes me...me.

Besides, it's a nice break after 50-odd years of wearing male clothing. I had no idea until a few years ago that adult-sized little girls' clothing felt so nice to wear. I love it.

You'll get other opinions from others here about "sissy" but they won't be too far off my own mark. We've established the overall context of the word by at-large, common opinion here. We're all at peace with it, to ourselves and with each other. You may even find that most take offense at the common, stilted definition you presented here, whether you subscribe to it or not. The only friendly advice I can give is be careful how you start off such a subject...people here are good and all but they can take offense at how a viewpoint is presented.

I guess that's all to be said about it by myself. We'll see what others have to say.

• Love
Reactions: smokeyjoe, PaddedRita, Edgewater and 5 others
BuddyBoy said:
We use the word frequently but, I bet, it has different meanings to us. Let's find out. I'll go first: A sissy is a male for prefers the company of females and accepts an inferior position in female society. He is not an equal; he is a "little sister" to the girls and women.
I can absolutely relate and agree to this!

BobbiSueEllen said:
Why come on that strong? On top of that, I've read some of your other posts here, especially in Sexuality, and that alone, in context to your question, has my guard up.

I think the biggest misunderstood thing about the English language is that definitions constantly change. That has been especially true over the past 50-plus years of our culture; dictionaries have either incorporated new definitions or rewritten their definitions as a result. The at-large public, not elitist, 1-percenter board members, define definitions of words in our culture. Nobody has the right to compel or enforce definitions regarding nouns; they are subject to cultural, sectarian and societal interpretation. This is true in regard to the word "sissy" here in ADISC, a community somewhere between organized and ad-hoc.

First off, I'll give you a background of myself here: I was born male; that means I was born with a penis. I grew up around toxic masculinity and was constantly judged for my inability to "fit in" despite my plumbing. I was bullied, beaten up for 'noncompliance'. I took on work regardless of 'gender-typing': I can change engines and change diapers; I can build a house and cook a full-spread meal; I can drive a large diesel truck and I can sew. In short, I can fill a need, be it mine or another's need. The urgency of the need does not care about which gender fulfills that need; it only cares that it gets done. To that end, I both refuse and oppose the terms "women's work" and "men's work" vehemently.

To further that end, I got sick and tired of being seen as just a man. I hate masculinity, and the more toxic it is, the more I hate it. It is not me. And I am not 'effeminate', for I will not insult females by claiming it. I am gender-neutral; I am agender and should the opportunity to legally register as such arise, I will gladly jump on it. The one thing men, women and the non-binary have in common is the higher ground of humanity...and the obligation to embrace more of it. But instead, every vein of our culture is so determined on the whole to ignore that commonality of humanity and promote the lower-class differences of gender...even worship those differences to the point of wearing it on their sleeve. Forget that. Not me. I am human above all...gender is a distant second place.

What we here as the community acknowledge & embrace as 'sissy' is biological males, regardless of our gender identities, enjoying things & activities which may be seen as different from, or defiant to, our biological and societal assignments. I'm not sure if you're aware of this fact but anywhere from 75 to 85% of AB/DLs are male. And I'm sure you're aware that the AB/DL females of our at-large community, not just ADISC, are scarce to appear here or elsewhere because they get continually harassed and hit upon everywhere by males...and so, unfortunately, mostly end up hiding in the shadows. Not very fair, is it?

In "Muggle-Mode", I appear as a plain, ordinary, reserved male and my gender-neutral identity isn't as much concealed as it is difficult to express by clothing (not much gender-neutral clothing out there); but when I'm home and in a diaper, I'm a toddler girl. I love being an active, busy, entertained, contented toddler girl in thick diapers, diaper covers, cute-but-simple dresses, a bow on my head, cute shoes & socks, suckling on pink bottles & pacifiers, coloring, joyfully cuddling a 3-foot-tall teddy bear, watching cartoons...all that. It makes me feel at very great ease and content; I'm loathe to use the word "happy" because our current cultural default definition for "happy" is "excited, euphoric, dazzled", etc. Contentment is a far better definition. I don't do this to defy; I do this because it is extremely comfortable, fun...contenting. Peaceful. And it feels very nice. It doesn't make me any less male or even any less agender; it makes me...me.

Besides, it's a nice break after 50-odd years of wearing male clothing. I had no idea until a few years ago that adult-sized little girls' clothing felt so nice to wear. I love it.

You'll get other opinions from others here about "sissy" but they won't be too far off my own mark. We've established the overall context of the word by at-large, common opinion here. We're all at peace with it, to ourselves and with each other. You may even find that most take offense at the common, stilted definition you presented here, whether you subscribe to it or not. The only friendly advice I can give is be careful how you start off such a subject...people here are good and all but they can take offense at how a viewpoint is presented.

I guess that's all to be said about it by myself. We'll see what others have to say.
BobbiSue, You suffered great deal of pain growing up. I admire your courage for sharing your experiences and feelings with us. Thank you. I hope you find the peace of mind that you seek and that you deserve. Best wishes for a happier future.

How would I define "Sissy " ?
To start with , I would not . Given my age and that fact that the term sissy used to mean you were gay , I much prefer the term Little .
If being little and trans means 'sissy' then I guess I am . However that is not the term I would use to define me , if anyone asked !!
I can let my 'little' side run wild while still being in the real world by being kind to women and offering help .
I guess back in the day that might have been defined as being a sissy , however , I care to think of myself as human .
When all the labels have been worn out , humanity , good or bad shall always be forever present .
T.

Reactions: Edgewater
I suspect being a "sissy" is experienced in different ways depending on the person. For those of us who are AB/DL, sissy has a somewhat different meaning than for non AB/DL's. For many of us, it means regressing as a person of the opposite sex, usually male to little or baby girl.

Reactions: Edgewater and Tappy
BobbiSueEllen said:
Sadly, I can definitely identify with this. All growing up and well into adulthood, people would spread rumors that I was gay, and in the 80s'90s, that was not fun to deal with. I'm a CIS male and I have no desire to identify as another gender, but as it has been explained to me over the years, a male who is shy, reserved, non-confrontational unless backed into a corner, and lets empathy be his guide, then I must be a sissy or some other word used to mock homosexuals (I've been called them all).

BobbiSueEllen said:
I can't say I hate masculinity, but I definitely cannot stand men (or women, for that matter) who cannot accept that we don't live in a one size fits all world. I prefer to de-escalate conflict, and even avoid it if at all possible, I try to think how my actions will affect others as I don't want to cause any harm, and I prefer quiet to loud noises. If these make me less masculine, then I think society has a ridiculous view of masculinity. Funny enough, when I engage in behavior that is traditionally viewed as masculine, such as target shooting, or watching my college team at a bar while downing Yuengling and eating wings, there always seem to be plenty of women around.

My masculinity is well-armed, likes gin and tonics, cares about my fellow humans, wants to keep the peace...and likes wearing diapers, holding a teddy bear, and sometimes wearing a baby girl dress.

• Love
Reactions: Tappy, Edgewater, star and 2 others
I quite like the term “sissy”. To me it has strong submissive overtones, and that resonates.

To me a sissy is a male who dresses, or is forced to dress, in female clothes that are much younger in style than any female of his age would even consider wearing. Or clothes which are so exaggeratedly feminine that no female would wear them at all.

Attachments

• IMG_9236.jpeg
    IMG_9236.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9234.jpeg
    IMG_9234.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9235.jpeg
    IMG_9235.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9237.jpeg
    IMG_9237.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Tappy, puddlefeet, AndyPandy and 6 others
Ali123 said:
I quite like the term “sissy”. To me it has strong submissive overtones, and that resonates.

To me a sissy is a male who dresses, or is forced to dress, in female clothes that are much younger in style than any female of his age would even consider wearing. Or clothes which are so exaggeratedly feminine that no female would wear them at all.
Thank you Ali123.Your thinking and mine are close. I like all the art you shared, especially 9234. Is there one source or did they come from multiple sources. I am looking for an avatar but don't understand the mechanics of how to get it from its source on to my page.

BuddyBoy said:
Thank you Ali123.Your thinking and mine are close. I like all the art you shared, especially 9234. Is there one source or did they come from multiple sources. I am looking for an avatar but don't understand the mechanics of how to get it from its source on to my page.
Hiya! I just got them from a Google search on “sissy boy cartoons”.

I agree with Bobbisue. I recently discovered that I am gender fluid. And believe a person should be allowed to be what they feel inside without judgement.

Reactions: Tappy, dogboy and Edgewater
BobbiSueEllen said:
I am gender-neutral; I am agender and should the opportunity to legally register as such arise, I will gladly jump on it.
You actually technically can, in certain states you can legally change your gender marker on your ID card to "X" instead of "M" or "F", if that is something you are interested in.

• Thinking
Reactions: Tappy and BobbiSueEllen
Idaho ain't on there. O well, looks like I'll have to inquire with the relevant legislator there.

Reactions: Tappy, PaddedRita and Edgewater
Back