Defining moments growing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slip92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I understand that this has been covered in many different ways before, however I'm curious to know what defining memories people have of using nappies as they were growing up.

I used nappies for incontinence and Bedwetting for a portion of my childhood and then considerably during my teenage years. I often used to stay at a family friends house during my childhood years, of which there were 3 boys who were using using nappies during the night. This was all fairly routine, especially as the nappies were all kept out in the open in the family bathroom. However once the nappies were put on and they went to bed around 7pm they weren't allowed to leave their rooms and this was enforced quite strongly by the mother- if anything this made me grateful that despite my incontinence I was fairly independent and not essentially forced to use my pad like her sons were.

I always seem to remember the damp feeling on my pyjama bottoms around the legs of my diaper when I woke up in the morning. I also remember being relentlessly questioned by my mum each morning as to whether I had an accident.

The above is all 100% true, I look forward to hearing your experiences!

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I wore drynites to bed and dad used to check it every morning when I got up, when I used to the toilet during the night and the drynite was dry they used to say how much of big girl I was and when I wet them, mom used to say I was a baby and being lazy by using it as a nappy, but my mom was being irrational just like she was. I think she was just glad when it ended. I remember dad changing my nappy a bit but there might of been a time where mom did it where I remembered but it was mostly dad.

Maux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I've had some pretty bad ones, I still remember very vividly the day I was put back in diapers. I had for a while been pretty proud of the fact that I was a "big kid" in pullups, but as it became apparent that I wasn't developing right and wasn't making any progress my parents decided to put me back in diapers. And they weren't shy about shaming me about it, they were told that I might grow out of it and they thought they could give it that extra push if they just made me want it bad enough. I went through many years of emotional abuse over it, my parents divorced not long after that, and they'd shuffle me back and forth, and my mom got my uncle involved in it too. I'll never forget the beratement he put me through, I can still hear it when I think about it.

The longer I type this post the more I'm getting emotional and not wanting to post it, so I'll just stop there. Suffice it to say it took them a long time to admit they were wrong about that, and me a long time to forgive them. In the end they were just trying to do what they thought they needed to do in order to get me normal, but I'm not normal, and places like ADISC, DD, Twitter, Tumblr, various ABDL/Incontinence websites, and my wife most especially, went a long way towards helping me accept that that's okay.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In the end they were just trying to do what they thought they needed to do in order to get me normal, but I'm not normal, and places like ADISC, DD, Twitter, Tumblr, various ABDL/Incontinence websites, and my wife most especially, went a long way towards helping me accept that that's okay.

meh, "normal" is overrated. I never want to be called "normal". The world would be a boring, depressing place if everyone was "normal". If anything, I feel sorry for anyone that truly considers themself "completely normal".

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
That's really strange that the parents wouldn't let their kids out of the bedroom at night. Though, guess if they were diapered they didn't need to leave the room.

I don't remember wearing diapers as a kid. My earliest memories of this are lots of accidents as a kid. It wasn't until I was 7 or 8 that I stopped having them. I always wanted to be back in diapers to save from having to ask to use the bathroom a lot or the embarrassment that would come if I didn't.

Around the time I was in 7th or 8th grade I remember that I started wanting them again and I started to develop OAB. It wasn't until recently that I started to go on a bit of a binge cycle and wearing in public for convenience.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I know I'm not normal. Musicians are almost never normal....haha.

My earliest memory is from when I was four years old. I was running around the house and for some reason, I was saying dah-dah over and over again. My mom kept telling me to stop and act like a big boy. I persisted and she finally said if I continued, she'd put me back in diapers, and if I thought she was kidding, she still had my diapers in their bedroom closet. That was my light bulb moment when I realized I wanted to be back in diapers, but we were having company coming over, and I didn't want them to see me wearing just a diaper.

Two years later, a new family moved into the house next door. There were three boys, one an infant, one four years old and one my age: six. He and I played together and his four year old brother tagged along. The brother was deliberately wetting his pants as I guess he was jealous of his infant brother. Anyway, one day I went back to their house because I had seen the mother put his wet underwear on the landing going down to the basement. I opened the side door and stole is wet underpants with the thought of wearing them. I got them home only to be caught by my mother, and I had to take them back and apologize. That sort of set everything into motion.

In 7th grade, my parents went bankrupt and we had to move across the state, me leaving my best friend. I had a psychotic break and lost an entire week of knowing who I was or where I was. I simply slept it out. As I began to adjust to a new school and a new life, I started to secretly wet my underpants, and the rest has become history. I continued to make diapers, wet them, and eventually buy diapers, etc.

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I always seem to remember the damp feeling on my pyjama bottoms around the legs of my diaper when I woke up in the morning. I also remember being relentlessly questioned by my mum each morning as to whether I had an accident.

I have vivid memories of lying in bed wet dreading the moment of truth with mom. More than once I tried to hide a bed-wetting from her, that didn’t work so well. Sometimes she was understanding, more often she was not.

Sweatpants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I've been wearing TENA Classic Briefs for some time now, just enjoying all the freedom they bring to me. I very well know the feeling of both wetting and messing in public by now, I've just gotten a bit used to being diapered 24/7

Bigbabybret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
Well,

First off I've never been out of diapers for nighttime...

But, I remember as a kid my mom would flip flop about getting me out of diapers...

She being very strong willed, she asked every pharmacy person about it, and took me to many Drs too...

Now the flop is, I was an avid sleepwalker, and still am, so they always locked my door after I went to bed every night...so, I couldn't use the bathroom as there wasn't one in my room...

Anyhow, my adult bed was a waterbed (no pun) so I didn't need a mattress cover...

Memories of berate ment and shamming were a big deal...so much so that I started making money doing all sorts of things to buy my own protection, and handle it myself...and once I did there wasn't another word spoken about it...

irnub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I remember from when I must have been 2-3 my mom holding up a pull-up and a pair of underwear (I think the underwear had mickey mouse on it) and asking me which one I wanted. I pointed at the pull-up, but she asked me again in such a way that I could tell I wasn't supposed to pick the pull up, so I changed my selection.

Then I remember when I must have been 5-6 trying on a bunch of old baby diapers in the early morning while everyone was sleeping (for some reason there were a bunch laying in a basket in my closet). My little sister ran into my room, saw what I was doing and thought it was so funny she had to run and wake up my parents to tell them about it. I'd hidden everything by the time my sister dragged my mom in and the event was laughed off (my sister was still too young to be very coherent).

Then when I couldn't have been too much older, I found a diaper that had been left on a doll and was actually big enough to fit me. I'd sneak it into the bathroom, wear it for a few minutes, slip it off and then sneak it out again. One day I decided to pour water in it to see how it felt (it felt amazing), but then realized I'd made a big mistake since I had no way to get rid of it (plus it was the only remaining diaper in the house that I knew of). I ended up hiding it in my sister's closet hoping it'd dry out, but my mom found it a few days later. I found out she found out because I heard her interrogating my younger sister as to what it was doing in her closet and if it had been peed in. In what I'm pretty sure was the first time I can remember lieing, I walked in and told my mom that I had been mad at my sister and decided to pour water in the diaper and leave it to be discovered so that my sister would get in trouble (I'm still pretty damn impressed with myself for coming up with something so elaborate and believable at the age of 6).

Then there were was an open bag of pull-ups I found somewhere when I was about 10. I hid 2 of them underneath the bathroom sink (there was a drawer that pulls out that I placed them under). I'd go into the bathroom and put them on. Then one day the sink overflowed and they were discovered and thrown out without comment as my parents disassembled the sink in order to let everything dry out.

nikthewerelion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
The defining moment for me was when I was 7 years old and was put back in diapers, for a short time, a few weeks at most, because of accidents due.to not liking to use public toilets, and holding it to long. It went really quickly in my head from a punishment to something I liked and wanted. This combined with some instances of need to Gould my bladder way too long on car rides to the point of actually considering wetting myself, didn't help. The last of these took place on a bus trip in 2001 where I held it for 4 hrs and that's excruciating. All this has formed a fear of being in a situation where I have to pee badly and not having an option. I think now later in life being even more visually impaired then I already was has lent it self more to this anxiety o fear of not being able to find or get to a bathroom in time. I do have some bed wetting issues at night and minor leaking issues during the day sometimes, and this combined with my need for the sense of security that diapers give me when I'm out and about have lead me to really be ok with my nearly 24/7 wearing of diapers. My mom doesn't agree but I don't care cuz I'm 38 and I can do what I want.

Last edited:

depends4me

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had no accidents as a kid, nor any memory of or interest in diapers...although there is a photo in the family album of me at 4, wearing some kind of all-in-one training pants, so maybe I trained late? I do have a memory from about that time of using the toilet in my family's apartment. There was a contoured rug in front that was perpetually damp, and I always hated crossing it. Perhaps that influenced me later in life?

A bunch of things happened around puberty, to the degree that my DL status seemed inevitable. In 8th grade health class one day, the teacher entered the room with a big grin on his face and began by asking, "does anybody in this class wear a diaper?" The class was totally silent and I was confused, as the thought had never occurred to me. I realized much later that apparently another 8th grader did, which prompted his question. Statistically, at least one of us probably was a bedwetter, but of course nobody spoke up and class continued. It showed a great lack of tact to even ask the question. After all, a health teacher should have been more informed...but I still thank him as something in my head snapped that day.

Just a few months later in Sunday School, the teacher (whose full time job was at a nursing home) made a remark (I don't recall the context) that "it is so sad to see a 20-year-old in a diaper". I must have turned by that point, as I recall thinking that wouldn't be so bad at all!

Will try to post the rest later.

ADFW61

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was still in terry nappies and plastic pants aged 6 at night. Changed at bedtime by our nanny. At prep school I wet the bed and was also put in terry nappies at plastic pants aged 11/12. Occasional problems as a teenager but tried to hide it from my parents by using a bath towel and younger siblings plastic pants. Then dry until a spinal injury brought it all back. Defining moments? Aged 30 when a female friend came into my bedroom, saw the plastic sheet on my bed and saw me changing into a dry nappy (by now using TENA Slip 24/7). She was very understanding!

JOCKMAN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Out of diapers by age 3, training underwear at age 4 - 5. I wet my sleeping bag at a family camp three nights straight and was placed back into plastic underpants. I do not recall wetting my sleeping bag at all after that but also do not recall if I was wetting still at night and the plastic underpants just kept it all in and I purposely did not want to remember this portion. I had two pair of plastic underpants in my underwear drawer until age 7 but again, I do not recall if I wore them nightly or just had them in case I started having accidents again. I went to my best friend's house for a sleepover at age 8 and soaked the sheets / myself during the night and was mortified. Nothing was said about it by anyone but when I had to sleep over again (my parents were going out of town) my friend's mother put me in a diaper and plastic underpants and though I was embarrassed to have to wear these undergarments, it was the second night when I did have an accident that my friend's mother explained to me that it was better to just wet myself and not have any soaked pajamas / sheets so no one could tell it happened. That has stuck with me to this day, so wearing is something I accept for the security aspect.

dryper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I was also a bedwetter up to 11-12 years old. As I am pretty small size, my mom used to diaper me in baby nappies up till the age of 9 before bedtime. She would give me some milk in a bottle and then proceed to take my briefs off and slide a dry baby diaper under my bum. I always remember feeling really relaxed and happy during those periods. The next morning, I usually wake up to a soggy bulge between my crotch and I would walk around the house in just a shirt and my wet diapers until my mom has time to change me. It was really great hehe. However, as i got older, my parents started to buy pull-ups for me and so I changed myself before and after bedtime by sliding on the pullups. Usually huggies :)

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My parents were pretty lousy parents so I ended up in foster care at 9 years old and move around quite a lot until I had a permanent foster placement when I just turned 11. My foster parents were quite old fashioned and well regarded in the fostering community with handling difficult children. I went to a special school for children with learning disabilities and there was a kid with severe fecal incontinence who wore nappies, it didn't take me long to find out where he was changed and all his supplies, he had his separate toilet area in a portacabin with two classrooms attached to it, it was solely for his use. I used to gain access to it and full my school bag up with his nappies which were white Attends, I suppose you would call them Attends Containers now because they were pads without the tapes, Anyway I would steal them and take them home to my foster placement.

I used to sneak them in the house and wear them to bed and liked wetting them (which was difficult at first) Being 11 I didn't really think through where I would dispose of the used nappies, it was impossible to put them in the dustbin outside because I had to go through the kitchen and at night there was an alarm and closed door so I only had either my bedroom or the bathroom to hide them. Anyway I used my wardrobe to dispose off the used ones and pretty much forgot about them, Stole some more and continued the process until one day while walking to the school bus home I was stopped by the sports teacher and asked what's in my bag being all puffy and all, well without my knowledge the school knew I was stealing nappies I think because i was careless, I said to the teacher 'nothing' and continued to walk off. He didn't do anything just left me to walk off.

I got home and that night and put the nappies under my bed, nothing was said until that night when we were in the sitting room and both of them started asking me probing questions and that they have found the nappies in the wardrobe and the school had phoned so they searched my room. I was really uncomfortable, they were asking me why I liked wearing nappies since I didn't really need them ( I didn't fully understand what Incontinent menat at the time) and was asking if I was sexually abused as a younger child etc (which I wasn't btw) I just told them the truth that I liked wearing them, they wasn't pleased with that but I really didn't know why I was attracted to nappies, It was a comfort thing. They left it at that and I had to return to school the next day and give back the unused stolen nappies, they didn't say much about it the school. I would still continue to steal them and still got caught.

I got sent to a child psychologist and he did me a behaviour chart with stickers and stuff and if I were good I'll get a chocolate bar, did the play therapy stuff, still didn't stop my intense hunger for nappies, I would steal them from shops and stuff and continue to hid the used ones in my room.

It wasn't until I was about 12 that it was decided I have a strong emotional need and it to wear, social services brought me some cheap pharmacy but ones without tapes from Boots and I could wear them for bed, I was so excited until I wore them and straight away didn't like them, my foster parents said they were temporary anyway. Couple of days later the brochure arrived for Tena Slip Nappies and I got to choose so straight away went for the Maxi's. Got I couldn't contain my excitement for them to arrive and to this day remember them arriving perfectly, White packaging with blue logo. There were conditions to wearing, I could only wear to bed, my foster mother brought protective pad for the bed and stuff. It was bliss.

ST50

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I grew up a bed wetter. I was seldom dry at night until my early 20's. I often wet my pants until I was about 10 years old. My childhood memories always seem to include either a wet bed or wet pants. To be honest it didn't really bother me much.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
My interest in diapers stretches back to minus infinity, as far as my memories are concerned. I can't really point to a time, place, or event that brought that interest to the foreground. It's pretty much always been there. My earliest memory (of anything) is of being diapered at bedtime when I was three years old. All of my more-recent childhood diaper memories involve or reflect a strong desire to wear diapers.

Among all of those memories, though, a few do stand out for various reasons. One reason is irony. I can remember a number of times when a child's protesting of a diaper change caught my attention and made me fiercely envious. The most torturous of these was when my sister and I were invited to go on a weekend vacation with three kids who lived down the street from us. I was seven years old at the time, the same age as the oldest of the children with whom we were vacationing. The youngest was three years old. Their parents had rented a single-bedroom cabin on the Washington coast, and all seven of us were crammed into one bedroom, parents on the bed, kids in sleeping bags on the floor. SqueeEEEEeeze!

When bedtime rolled around, we all got into our pajamas, brushed our teeth, and had just finished climbing into our sleeping bags when my friends' mom called loudly to her three-year-old daughter, "{daughter's name}, come get your diaper on!" Her daughter and I were both caught completely by surprise, but had very different reactions. I was immediately lost in a wakeful diaper-dream, skipping gleefully off to get diapered. This poor girl, on the other hand, who'd just been outed as a bed-wetter in front of half a dozen people, proceeded to throw an enormous tantrum! She insisted that she was not going to wear a diaper, and defied repeated demands to "come here" until threatened with a spanking. Meanwhile, I'd never wanted to trade places with somebody else so desperately. It wasn't until much later that I started to feel bad for her, and to wonder how her mom could have been so thoughtless. All of that could have been handled privately in the bathroom without any drama (I think).

I was the last out of bed the next morning, and when I went into the bathroom, I found a wet cloth diaper, plastic pants, and a pair of diaper pins on the edge of the bathtub. It was at this point that discretion almost failed me, and I came extremely close to picking them up and putting them on. But I was interrupted by something--a call to breakfast, maybe?--and that was that. No diaper for me. Which, really, was for the best! (The idea of wearing a used diaper never occurred to me again, and seems entirely gross in hindsight!)

Last edited:

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I was the last out of bed the next morning, and when I went into the bathroom, I found a wet cloth diaper, plastic pants, and a pair of diaper pins on the edge of the bathtub. It was at this point that discretion almost failed me, and I came extremely close to picking them up and putting them on. But I was interrupted by something--a call to breakfast, maybe?--and that was that. No diaper for me. Which, really, was for the best! (The idea of wearing a used diaper never occurred to me again, and seems entirely gross in hindsight!)

Once in my teens I used the bathroom at a restaurant and noticed a girls' Pull-Up in the stall trash can. This was before I was wearing diapers, and having had a major fetish for training pants from a young age, part of me almost wanted to pick it up and just look at it. I thought better of the idea though and left it alone.

(On a somewhat related note, I could of helped myself a couple years prior to that, when I found an open pack of store-brand boys' trainers in a Toys R Us bathroom. As to why I didn't, probably several factors: morals too high for stealing, how I would have smuggled them out and passed my parents, and at that age I didn't have the strong desire to wear yet that I do today. Perhaps also the fact that they were generic and not my idolized Pull-Ups brand. Besides they wouldn't have fit anyway and I would have been reduced to using them as underwear stuffers, if the idea came to me back then.)

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
...When bedtime rolled around, we all got into our pajamas, brushed our teeth, and had just finished climbing into our sleeping bags when my friends' mom called loudly to her three-year-old daughter, "{daughter's name}, come get your diaper on!"...It wasn't until much later that I started to feel bad for her, and to wonder how her mom could have been so thoughtless. All of that could have been handled privately in the bathroom without any drama (I think).

It is not uncommon for children to wear protection at night up to 4 years of age. Nighttime training takes longer in most cases. At that girls age nothing was out of the ordinary for her to still need help at night. She probably just really wanted to be "a big girl" like everyone else since she was surrounded by older children, all of whom did not need any protection at night. It also doesn't take much for a three year old to throw a tantrum. A combination of over stimulation, excitement, a new environment, new people, probable exhaustion, and a strong urge to fit in probably pushed her over the edge. Now if she had been 6 or 7 I agree that it would have been pretty embarrassing for her and unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

I grew up as a bed wetter. I had wet most of my life and didn't finally "grow out of it" until my mid to late teens. Throughout this time, I had always taken care of my nighttime accidents and used a plastic sheet for protection. It was never forced on me, nor did my parents ever use this as "punishment", rather it was just a responsibility of mine. I probably started stripping sheets, washing clothing and bed linen, and making my bed around the first grade.

I looked upon this quite differently at different times in my life. When I was really young, it didn't even phase me. I had no idea that something was "different" with me until I reached about six or seven. Around this time I knew I was "different", however it really didn't affect me and I didn't take much notice of it until about age ten.

At this point in life I really became distressed with bed wetting and I knew that something was "wrong" with me. This change in attitude probably came about because of scouts, camping trips, sleep overs, all things that I was now afraid to take part in that a normal activities that a hyper-active outgoing 10 year old boy would. It didn't stop me, though it made things more difficult and pretty stressful at times.

Around fourteen or so the stress had pretty much vanished, and I was now just dealing with a "condition". I had been really lucky that NO ONE had ever found out or caught me, and they never would.

At about fourteen/fifteen my mom (probably out of frustration and prompted by a coupon for Attends) asked me if I would like to try diapers to make things easier around the house. I was absolutely dumbstruck and froze. The thought had never crossed my mind and I hadn't even realized that diapers that big existed. I seriously thought that I was the only one in the world with this problem.

It took me all day to wrap my mind around the proposal, and around bedtime that night I had decided that anything was better than the chance of waking up early as hell cold and wet, changing sheets in the middle of the night, or changing clothes and sleeping on the floor with a blanket until morning.

About two weeks later I had finally worked up the courage to answer her. As it happened we were in the supermarket and passing what I now knew were incontinence supplies. I pointed at them and told her that it might be worth giving it a shot. She said no and that I would outgrow it.

I finally out grew bed wetting that year.

I never looked back until one day, a few months later, I caught one of the first and very rare (mid-late 90's), advertisements for 'GoodNites' on T.V.

Out of curiosity I logged on to the website (definitely took long enough back then) and discovered that "I was not alone". It really piqued my curiosity, and I ordered the free sample.

I managed to intercept them in the mail and hid them away to bring out later that night. The sample package was two Goodnites and looked just like a small pack! It was purple and said GoodNites on it. At the time it felt like I was just investigating what had been another option to deal with what was a pretty big and long lasting problem. I was curious as to what it would have been like if this was the course of action taken instead and what these products were like.

Later that night I pulled them out and looked them over for quite awhile. I must have looked like an archiologist studying a new find! I finally put them on and instantly fell in love with the feel, smell, and comfort that they gave me.

As part of my investigation, I used it as well. I was hooked instantly! They worked! They felt so good, secure, and WARM! Any bed wetter that never had protection beyond a plastic sheet knows that warm is not a sensation that is felt often. My bed was dry, I was warm, and everything just felt so cozy and secure.

Since then, those sensations have stuck with me and continue to grow. The only problem is now, I don't fit GoodNites as intended. I am still attracted to GoodNites simply because it's the option I never got to experience, but almost. I wish I were shorter and smaller like I was then so that I could try them out properly, or there was a longer size especially as my night time accidents have returned over the past five years and have continued to worsen and impact day time control as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.