Decided to get some bed protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredofwheelchair

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've realised today that I really need to get some bed protection to save my bed from leaks because I've recently bought a new bed after moving into my own place and I really think it's a sensible idea since this bed did cost a bit of money and I really don't want to ruin the mattress to quickly. I'm not quite sure wether to go with a washable bed pad or two or go with disposable ones the bed is a double bed and the pad will likely go under the top sheet

CP88

i would recommend getting a good mattress protector that covers both the top and sides of the mattress, also get some large washable waterprof pads for ontop of the sheets this way when you leak you simply change the pad so the sheets stay dry and the main protector will prevent any thing top pad missed :)

disposable pads are very absorbant and are to light so they move when you turn.

We have a fitted waterproof cover on our bed and a kylie on my side to catch any leaks. That way the matteras remains safe however much I leak.

Thanks for the replies so far. I've been looking and thinking about buying a terry mattress protector something like one of these and Rob110 what you're saying about disposable bed pads moving I see what you're saying and for that reason I was leaning towards washable bed pads any how

Disposables suck for bed protection as said above the ball up when you move and also font absorb alot.

Babykins sells fabric sheets with a very thin membrane that's waterproof between the two sides,they are very comfortable and excellent protection, it is sold by the yard, I use it as a top sheet on my bed, works very well and with a bed pad on top you could sleep sans diaper and still be fully protected
No matter how much you pee. The only disposable that I would use is the Tranquility because they are pretty thick and have tapes that keep them in place.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

It doesn't seem to matter what kind of bed protection I try, I wake up within the hour dripping in sweat (sorry! TMI!). Even extra sheets, multiple towels over the top, etc. make no difference at all. I'm like the Princess and the Pea when it comes to feeling a waterproof layer... :-/

I have a mattress cover that encloses the whole mattress. This is the final barrier to any wetness (it also helps keep the mattress itself clean and bug free). I also have a waterproof mattress cover (polyester cloth backed by plastic) that is my main barrier - I just toss it into the washer if I leak badly or let it air-dry if not.

I don't think disposables always leak, but you need to find the right product that woks for you. This is not easy and-for example I use a cheaper brand that happens to hold a lot and very rarely leaks, but premium brand I use a lot in tthe daytime almost invariably leaks through the leg or waistband even if I am sleeping on my back.

I used all the usual mattress protectors etc. but a large diposable bed pad (60X90cm) keeps things simple and if you share a bed can be located so you benefit, but your partner is not affected by any leaks.

Hi all,

I thought I give you a little update I did get a waterproof sheet from incontinence choice but I also got some washable bed pads as well but I got a couple of Brolly Sheets from a different store since they came in white and are not quite as obvious on my bed because I've got a white sheet on at the moment Here's what the pad looks like I've just put it on my bed

image2.jpg image1.jpg

cp88 said:
I've realised today that I really need to get some bed protection to save my bed from leaks because I've recently bought a new bed after moving into my own place and I really think it's a sensible idea since this bed did cost a bit of money and I really don't want to ruin the mattress to quickly. I'm not quite sure wether to go with a washable bed pad or two or go with disposable ones the bed is a double bed and the pad will likely go under the top sheet

This sounds like a very good thing to do.

Is bed protection a nessesity, I rarely leak?

Angelic, skipping bed protection is a calculated risk. Mattresses are expensive and even most mattress protectors are not designed to absorb a bladder of urine. Some form of extra bed protection is a wise precaution.

--John

jdinvirginia said:
Angelic, skipping bed protection is a calculated risk. Mattresses are expensive and even most mattress protectors are not designed to absorb a bladder of urine. Some form of extra bed protection is a wise precaution.

--John

Indeed. It seems like a pretty simple calculation and I'm a voluntary wearer. I know my diapers pretty well and very rarely have leaks but they have happened. My acceptable level of leaks on my mattress is essentially zero, so protection is called for if I'm going to engage in that kind of behavior. If I was incontinent, the choice would be even more obvious.

Hmm is bed protection a necessity...no but it makes a lot of sense. I didn't use protection on my previous bed and the mattress was a bit stained so made sense to me to try and protect my new bed better. Also I'm a side sleeper so that's probably why I leak a little

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless you want a smelly stained matteras then yes bed protection is a must.

My mattress has already been stained from over the years, but I don't want my from to stink so, I will get protection, thanks guys, I havn't thought about that before��

I'm not incontinent, but I admit I don't have any sort of protector on my mattress, so I try to be careful. I did have a small leak in bed once which I cleaned up without any staining. My mattress is sagging though and my back was hurting so last night I started sleeping on the floor, at least for the time being.

Covering the mattress is definitely the most important part. Bed pads are good, but waterproof sheets are the linchpin of bed protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back