Dec. 21st 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daria7483

Why do people always get upset when they start a thread and it doesn't go where you think it will? If you post a conspiracy theory, it's only natural that people will try to disprove it, and if your theory is ground in religion -- as anything about the world ending always is, if you believe the Earth was created by a higher power -- than people will begin talking about religion. It's just the natural flow of conversation. There's really no need to get angry or spout thinly veiled obscenities.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Zagete, I agree with about 3/4ths of what you said.... until it got closer to the end of your post.

I conclude here, there is MUCH more stuff in the bible & in logical/critical thinking that leads us to the conclusion that god is not real... (God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs, and don't tell me you won't read it because you are so sure of god's existence, if you were so sure you would read it).

Yes, I do not have a religion. Why? Because I want. I never had a First Communion, because I chose not to and my parents were understanding of my decision. I believe that one who is intelligent can see truth, and truth is that god is just a piece of human mythology.
The truth is that no one really knows. Maybe God is fake, but maybe God is real.... and maybe "God" is nothing like the Bible says. There is no PROOF that God is not real. There's just no way to prove it (at least right now. maybe someday, but maybe never). Those 50 proofs don't prove that God isn't real, though they prove that there's no way to know. If the Bible is wrong (it sure does have a ton of contradictions and things that don't apply to today's world), then (once again) that does not mean that there is no God. There are things in this universe that we just don't know. All you can do is make your own guess about it.

daria7483 said:
here's really no need to get angry or spout thinly veiled obscenities
I agree.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
*Sigh*

They didn't say it'd be the end of the world, it's just the end of their calendar. They said something important would happen on this date.
It's not the end of the world, people!

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
It The End Of The World As We Know It (And I feel Fine)...In 2012 I be playing that song and drinking :)

Yes they do, they have the Proof of Nothingness :p
You can't have proof of nothingness if nothingness is a concept of not existing. Therefore, you cannot prove that nothing exists, because of the very fact that nothing doesn't exist.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
This is such bullshit I don't even know where to begin. For one, the Mayans never believed that the world ended with their calender, but rather it was renewed in an evolved form. But honestly, this is far far too stupid for me to debate.

Someone delete this thread, it hurts my brain!

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Fallen/BabyBoy: Please refrain from insulting/mocking each other during arguments, remember: tact. It's probably best to leave the religious debate now.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Do not mock the bible
Now, if you had carefully read my post, you would have seen that I did not mock the bible. At all. The bible is a part of a religion that many people follow, and it is held in quite high regard amongst them.

What I did do is state two facts:
1. They were not using the Gregorian calender (the calendar we use today) over the course of the years when the Old Testament was being written. Therefore, the bible would not and does not explicitly state "The world will end December 21 2012."
2. The Bible is not an accurate source of information. This, of course, is ambiguous depending on a person's stance. The majority of Christians do not consider the Bible to be an accurate source of information about the past. It was written at a time when people didn't understand the world as we do today, and made up stories to explain natural phenomena.

Why did you bring up the Bible in a discussion about predictions of the end of the world anyway? God even says that the date or time of when the world is to end can not be known to any man. So any connections the bible has to 2012 is moot.

it says that in the last 5 years of earth we will experience severe drought, increase of natural disasters and other catastrophic events, like all the floods, hurricanes,and earthquakes we have been having.Look it up.BIBLE CODES PREDICT HOLOCAUST IN 2012
Earth has always had natural disasters. Man has always lived through natural disasters. There is most likely no increase in natural disasters from the days of yore.

Dude, have you done any research at all of your own? Or did you just look up a bunch of conspiracy websites in order to confirm your beliefs? Maybe you could quote the bible for me and tell me where exactly it says the world will end in 2012. I'll then do you one better and find a quote in the Bhagavad Gita that prooves the world doesn't end on Dec 21 2012.

Have you even looked up what Dec 21 2012 is the date of? It signifies the Mayan calender ending it's 13th b'ak'tun cycle since it began. Hear that? Whatever happens on December 21 2012 has already happened 12 times according to the Mayans. And the world didn't end those 12 other times, so why would it this time. You know what the Mayans predicted would happen on Decmber 21? The beginning of the 14th b'ak'tun cycle. That said, December 21 isn't even the correct date. The correct date for the completion of the 13th b'ak'tun is Decmber 23. So any references that people have found to the date of December 12 are all wrong anyway.

If scientists could figure out a way to create an engine that runs on end-of-the-world predictions, we would never run out of fuel. Check out this page:
http://www.abhota.info/end6.htm
According to the list of predictions on that website, between Oct 15th 2005 to April 6 2008, the world was supposed to end a whopping total of 13 times. 13 times! And none of them came true. Many of those predictions were made using numbers and passages from the bible.

Ignorance breeds in stagnant knowledge. It festers and grows and eventualy spreads through misinformation. Use protection

Last edited:
M

Mako

Do not mock the bible it says that in the last 5 years of earth we will experience severe drought, increase of natural disasters and other catastrophic events, like all the floods, hurricanes,and earthquakes we have been having.Look it up.BIBLE CODES PREDICT HOLOCAUST IN 2012
Oh hell, not the bible code -.-!
If people weren't so dense, they would do the work to realize that they've also found supposive predictions when they used the same methods with other long books such as war & peace.
YouTube - The JonBenet Ramsey Murder case, can the Bible Code solve it
The brilliance of logic employed in bible code.

Hey look, the LHC is also going to destroy the earth according to the bible code too! Wonder which one it is.
YouTube - Did Nostradamus predict the LHC will create a Black Hole?
(Bible code at the end)

The truth is that no one really knows. Maybe God is fake, but maybe God is real.... and maybe "God" is nothing like the Bible says. There is no PROOF that God is not real. There's just no way to prove it (at least right now. maybe someday, but maybe never).
I have a flying spaghetti monster I would like you to meet.

Though those fifty proofs were pretty terrible. One only needs the problem of evil as well as extending the logic it employs to encompass a wider spectrum of issues. It becomes quite obvious that any being as defined by abrahamic religions does not exist.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Thread closed at the request of the OP.

And I did say to drop the religious debate!

Status
Not open for further replies.