Dec. 21st 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
I think betagame made a similar thread.
Betagames thread was about us being under Martial Law which is hard to believe because in his thread it said Oct. 5th 08 and nothing happened but for 2012 everyone has a very eerie feeling about this one not to mention this date is recorded in the Holy Bible as "The Day of Judgement".

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Am I the only one surprised Betagame didn't make this thread?

And, given this is the Maya equivalent of Chinese new years, nothing will happen.
Ow! That's harsh!

But this theory of the world's end in 2012 is actually a common piece of knowledge and is widely disputed. Therefore, this thread actually has a reason for being here.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Ow! That's harsh!

But this theory of the world's end in 2012 is actually a common piece of knowledge and is widely disputed. Therefore, this thread actually has a reason for being here.

While it is disputable, most people who are on the side of it ending don't actually look into anything besides those conspiracy sites or are just saying it to freak people out.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
The only important thing that will happen on December 21 2012 is that people will finaly stop talking about december 21 2012.

Betagames thread was about us being under Martial Law which is hard to believe because in his thread it said Oct. 5th 08 and nothing happened but for 2012 everyone has a very eerie feeling about this one not to mention this date is recorded in the Holy Bible as "The Day of Judgement".
Somehow I doubt that when they wrote the bible, they were using the Gregorian Calender.

And since when was the Bible an accurate source of information?

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
The only important thing that will happen on December 21 2012 is that people will finaly stop talking about december 21 2012.

Somehow I doubt that when they wrote the bible, they were using the Gregorian Calender.

And since when was the Bible an accurate source of information?
Do not mock the bible it says that in the last 5 years of earth we will experience severe drought, increase of natural disasters and other catastrophic events, like all the floods, hurricanes,and earthquakes we have been having.Look it up.BIBLE CODES PREDICT HOLOCAUST IN 2012

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
this date is recorded in the Holy Bible as "The Day of Judgement".
Can you quote the Bible on this for us? I don't remember that the Bible mentioned any specific day for the end of the world.

Maybe the world will end on October 31, 2008. You know why? That's the end of the month! And Halloween is at the end of the month! Something bad will happen! :rolleyes:

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas besides aliens, psychic abilities, contact with God, or time travel? Those are all pretty unlikely. (though it would be very interesting to see any of those things proven!) And I can't seem to come up with anything more likely than that.

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Do not mock the bible it says that in the last 5 years of earth we will experience severe drought, increase of natural disasters and other catastrophic events, like all the floods, hurricanes,and earthquakes we have been having.Look it up.BIBLE CODES PREDICT HOLOCAUST IN 2012
I do not mean to be any mean or disrespective, but I think what I will say needs to be said.

The bible, in good hands, is the best piece of knowledge one can have. When read correctly, the bible points out why religion is nothing but a hoax.

Here is the bible for you:

Genesis chapter 17, verse 12:

And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed. He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised.
In this passage God understands that people buy other people and, quite obviously, is comfortable with the concept. God wants slaves circumcised in the same way as non-slaves.

Exodus chapter 12 verse 43:

The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, "These are the regulations for the Passover: No foreigner is to eat of it. Any slave you have bought may eat of it after you have circumcised him, but a temporary resident and a hired worker may not eat of it.
God again shows that he is completely comfortable with the concept of slavery and singles out slaves for special treatment.

Exodus Chapter 21, verse 20:

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.
According to Genesis, God also tortures all women for eternity with painful childbirth. For her trangression of eating the fruit, God says to Eve:

"I will greatly increase your pains in Childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children."
This, of course, is torture.

Then look at Deut 21:18-21. It says:

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid.
That is a whole lot of teenagers that we need to kill.

Then there is Leviticus 20:13:

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.
All homosexuals need to be killed.

Then there is Exodus 35:2:

For six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy sabbath of solemn rest to the Lord; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.
Everyone who wants to work on the 7th day needs to die, now.

We find this in 1 Corinthians chapter 14:

As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
God is a sexist.

Also, what makes you sure that your religion is the real one... here are the top 5 religions and the number of gods each rejects (Source: Encyclopedia Britannica):

1. Christianity: 2.1 billion
2. Islam: 1.3 billion
3. Hinduism: 900 million
4. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
4. Buddhism: 376 million

I conclude here, there is MUCH more stuff in the bible & in logical/critical thinking that leads us to the conclusion that god is not real... (God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs, and don't tell me you won't read it because you are so sure of god's existence, if you were so sure you would read it).

Yes, I do not have a religion. Why? Because I want. I never had a First Communion, because I chose not to and my parents were understanding of my decision. I believe that one who is intelligent can see truth, and truth is that god is just a piece of human mythology.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
What Im wondering ia how the hell this turned into a religious debate...

Vaultin

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What Im wondering ia how the hell this turned into a religious debate...
Because betagame's omfg-sky-is-falling protege insisted on dragging the bible into it. There are no dates given in regard to the end of the world in Revelation, and jesus specifically states in one of the gospels that the date of the end cannot be known. As any regular poster knows, the majority of this site is either not christian, or a christian who is wise enough not to take the bible literally. To paraphrase yung joc; "I'll let Zagete sing it, so he can make it clear"

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Time one: Man says "I predict a bad thing a'coming! Its name be "hither"
Time two: *Hitler does a load of bad stuff*
Time three: Man says "A-ha! You see, I was right!"
"Didn't you say "hither"?"
"Ermm, well yeah, but what's that, like a letter off?"
"Fair enough. You know when the world's going to end?"

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Don't tell people what to and not to mock, just because you have some silly ideas that a pretty little book from a skewed religion says "OMG TEH WORLDZ GONNA END!!?!?!?!?!!!" doesn't mean people are not allowed their own opinion.

It's fine when you can come up with some factual evidence to support your claim, but when you start citing some religious text that has no basis in reality whatsoever and coherent argument goes out the window, you're better off citing Wikipedia then that piece of trash.

But wait, the bible tells people to be good and to be kind and accepting of others! While true, it also gives us multiple reasons for executions of people who don't conform to it's standards.

And I agree, people shouldn't mock the bible, it does a good job at mocking itself. Anyone who takes the bible literally is an idiot in my book, if you really believe that genesis is meant to be literal and that we're all incestuous descendants of a guy and girl who listened to a talking snake and ate some magic fruit, you need help.

And on a side note, this is probably the longest post I've made in a while :D

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Another blood-filled, one-sided, destructive argument in the Off-Topic section. When will it end?

liloneinmymind

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
my brother was talking about this.. im going to be opportunistic and think its all false >.< i don't want the world to end >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.