Dec. 21st 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
According to the ancient mayan calendar the world is supposed to end on this date and a whole bunch of really bad weather will punish all of earth, the land will become chaotic,and the world be be hit by giant meteor ending all of life as we know it http://endworld2012.com/

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
*Sigh*

They didn't say it'd be the end of the world, it's just the end of their calendar. They said something important would happen on this date.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The world was suppose to end so many times in the past, but you never know, I wouldn't go giving anything away the day before.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Ooooh, this is going to be so fun tomorrow when I post my article I've been writing about the end of the world. :D stay tuned.

isaactheman

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
it could be but hey remember in 1999 when everybody was saying Y2K and all that? it didnt come so if all these false alarms have come before why beleive it? (Boy who cryed wolf reference)

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
ok for anyone that has ever studied Maxica (masheaka) culture also knows as Mayan, THough this is not the name they called thems self. This is only the day of the end of the calander. At this point and time the Maxica would distroy all the things that they owned, and make them anew it was a ritual day of rebirth and rejuvination not of the world ending

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
You know, the Spanish destroyed most of the records.... so, we can only assume. But then, everything else happened.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
*Sigh*

They didn't say it'd be the end of the world, it's just the end of their calendar. They said something important would happen on this date.
An important thing will happen!

They'll have to start all the way over with a brand new calendar!

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yea they said the same in '99. Well... we're still here.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Am I the only one surprised Betagame didn't make this thread?

And, given this is the Maya equivalent of Chinese new years, nothing will happen.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
yea supposedly the world will end in 2011, some guy predicted it. And he supposedly predicted hitler, but was of by a letter (hither). Ive never actually READ or SEEN this though so probably just a stupid rumor

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
What should the Mayans have done to avoid this? Maybe they should have created a calendar that lasts millions of years. I really don't see why anything would happen on this specific date. I hope something good happens though, but I really doubt anything significant will happen. It'll just be another day like any other. Maybe something remotely-slightly significant will happen, but that would be only a coincidence.

Well, okay. I do have one (unlikely) theory....
Sometimes I wonder if maybe the Mayans had contact with aliens and 2012 is the year the aliens will reestablish contact with Earth (or something like that), but I really doubt it. It's just the only thing that seems at least remotely (though very remotely) possible. Nothing else could really explain how the Mayans would know about it so far in advance... aside from being psychic or using time travel (which is even more unlikely). I'm hoping something interesting (and not terrible) will happen, but I really think it's just going to be an ordinary day.

Last edited:

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
December the 21st, 2012?

Well damn, that will spoil Christmas!

I strongly hold beliefs against it unless it happens. And hell, if it does happen, Neither I, nor You, nor anybody on the planet will be in a position to save himself by his own labor. (Unless of course it's a zombie invasion, so stock up on the chainsaws right now.)

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I personally think it is the day the Chubacabra will arise and take over all of mankind. And yes, that will definitely ruin Christmas.

Role
Other
Am I the only one surprised Betagame didn't make this thread?

And, given this is the Maya equivalent of Chinese new years, nothing will happen.
No, I figured it was one his threads.

I plan on throwing a party that day.

D

daria7483

I think betagame made a similar thread.

Anyway, calendars are purely man-made devices. The fact that it's October 5, 2008 right now on the calendar I follow is purely because someone made something up, decided we would break the time it took the earth to do one full rotation around the sun into chunks of 24 called "hours" and that one full rotation would be called a "day," and that 28-31 of those days would be months named January, February, etc, that would make up a year. We could easily have decided that our years would begin in the spring when new life began, that months would be ~52 days long, and done away with the concept of a week entirely.

So no, I don't subscribe to any sort of Armageddon theory and have a hard time taking anyone seriously who does.

Last edited:
M

Mako

I never got why people even considered this theory. If the Mayans were so adept at knowing the future. They would've seen the spanish coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.