Debate about Inappropriate/Bad smilies that folks think should be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Heres the ones i think should be removed:

All of the ones in category "administrative" that mods don't use...
Alot of the ones in category "thread" like the bs flag etc.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Heres the ones i think should be removed:

All of the ones in category "administrative" that mods don't use...
Alot of the ones in category "thread" like the bs flag etc.
Why would be my question they aren't hurting anyone and sometimes a thread just calls for the bs flag.

F

FullMetal

Sorry, but I have no clue what you are talking about. The title doesn't make any sense, what are we debating. I understand that you are talking about emotes and all but is that what this thread is about because I am really unsure... can you be more clear?

FullMetal

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Sorry guess i was unclear over in Here i posted:
"I too must agree about removing the "mean" smilies... I didn't really see why those were put in there in the first place. Pretty much the only person who could use those without offending/being mean is moo for when he uses them to lock a thread and ban a person (well its still mean, but if someone has done enough that they're being banned do we really care about their feelings heh)."

and moo asked that i make a seperate thread about getting rid of some of the smilies.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I think you missed the word "smilies" from the title (which was unfortunate because it's the most important word :p). Well I added it anyway.

I think any smilies that swear (I liked it when most people self-censored what they said), or put people down, or outright all something BS should be got rid of. I think they do hurt people... raising the BS flag is just a lazy way to deal with a situation, and people don't know when it's okay to use it (if ever).

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i kind of like this one:bsmeter:

and this one:lockd:

and these ones: :metallicblue: :heiscrazy:

they're a bit mean, but they could also be quite useful and i hope they don't get deleted.

F

FullMetal

I don't mind most of them, but many people can argue that it is inappropriate to use cuss words in a teen based forum (even though they know the words anyway.) Oh and that BS flag and the BS meter is just out of the question. I wouldn't be saying this if it was used in moderation and appropriately, but people are using it so much and (in all honesty) it comes off as making us look cold and unwelcoming.

FullMetal

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I personally like the following

:bsmeter:

:google2:

:nospam:

and

:cursing:

They're in my favourites and I'd hate to see them deleted...I'd be like this :bf-tantrum: if they were!

Oh yeah 'n this one too...:logicwinsagain:

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't see a need to remove them, really. I mean, you can say something mean with or without them. I kind of like the BS flag. I do agree it's inconsistent to have some of them with the new memes rule, but I'm not a big fan of that rule either.

In other words, getting rid of a bunch of smilies would be :bsflag:.

Just my :twocents:.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't see a need to remove them, really. I mean, you can say something mean with or without them. I kind of like the BS flag. I do agree it's inconsistent to have some of them with the new memes rule, but I'm not a big fan of that rule either.

In other words, getting rid of a bunch of smilies would be :bsflag:.

Just my :twocents:.
I agree with that and 4lyfe's post. Some people really call for the BS flag/meter.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
I think they're stupid and encourage people to be lazy and mean. At least when you say something you have to put soe thought into it. But with the smilies al you have to do is click a button and you can be offensive without having to even think.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I think they're stupid and encourage people to be lazy and mean. At least when you say something you have to put soe thought into it. But with the smilies al you have to do is click a button and you can be offensive without having to even think.
I disagree...it takes no more thought, and less effort (on my part) to post "bullsh*t" as opposed to post :bsmeter: It's quicker and easier for me to type my thoughts than to find and click a specific 'smilie'.

I will still continue to "call 'em as I see 'em"...and if they deserve a rating on the bullsh*t meter...they'll see this :bsmeter:!

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
The BS flag was originally my idea and it was nice but people use it way too often which make them bad. The Thread smilies (the ones with the signs) should stay, they are a nice addition in my opinion. What's wrong with them and you can use the mean ones tactful and not be mean just that you make your point clear well (you need to be able to do that then though).

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
:bsflag::wtf::wgaf::wss2qosX::bsmeter: Those and more are not good and need to be deleted.

F

FullMetal

:wss2qosX:
Why would that one be deleted...they have a "What he said" one...I do not get what you find wrong with that one. Maybe if it said "Thats what she said" (which I think would be funny :)) but I see nothing wrong in "What she said"

FullMetal

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Because Goils are bad!

(I'm joking, please don't neg rep me!)

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Out of the ones so far posted, I'm tempted to remove:
* the BS flag (tall, doesn't blend with forum colors, is animated, sends a negative message)
* the "who gives a ... " smiley (perhaps, sometimes, this is needed for cases where someone foolishly goes off on a long rant about something nobody else care about, and refuses to shut up when asked. However, I think this smiley is more likely to be used to hurt other peoples' feelings, and with inadequate restraint in general).

The anti-spam smiley... that's needed. The cursing smiley I can think of valid uses for (like putting in a post about how you stubbed your toe).

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The problem, in my opinion, is not the fact that the smilies are there, but the fact that people don't know when or how to use them sensibly. Actually, I think it's kinda sad that we would have to delete them just so some members don't abuse them.

The BS flag, for example, may be useful in some situations, however, some members are using it in a mean way, and way too often.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
if you're going to rant off on someone's assumed bs post would it be more mature to give creditable sources of proof or to throw up an image? think about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.