Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Do I fear death. No. What i fear is the actual act of dieing. I often have nightmares in where i die and they really get to me.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Getting a little older as I am it weighs on me some times. Especally when I'm sick and alone. Sometimes I just want to get it over and done with, (see suicide thread). I don't fear death being not religous it's just the end, done, over. It is the process of getting there that bothers me. It my age I've seen so many go, and many go ugly... DON'T SMOKE!!! My parents are 80 and still doing well so I guess I've at least another 30 years to stress about it.

Nam

S

stanfordhawks

If I died today, I would know I did what I could and helped as many as I could. I'm atheist so I don't really care if I died today. Being what I'm going through right now(see my thread), I would be kinda happy if I died today.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I don't fear death. I know that even if what I believe about it is false, that I'd be non-sentient, or reincarnated. In any of the three cases, I would be incapable of being unhappy. Besides, I'm sure everyone hates their own life.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Death has no effect on me. I've seen my dad almost die 4-5 times(last few Massive blood loss, body shutting down and a pulmonary embolism ) since I was 12-13 and my mom 2-3 times. And then I had my grandmother die last may. I don't fear it. it is a part of life and I don't really respond to it like a normal person.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I pray for the dead because I want them to know I still love them. Also so they have a safe journey to heaven. Also I would very much appreciate that you don't tell me what to do.
AS ALWAYS my post was my own personal opinion on death and dying. If you don't like it...that's fine...but I was in no way telling you what to do. I personally don't give a rat's @$$ if you pray to a thousand gods and goddesses to bring everlasting happiness to you (and/or the world) or if you don't pray at all...it's YOUR choice. MY choice is not to pray for the dead but to pray for the living.

SOME questions are RHETORICAL (look it up) and some comments are personal observations. If you didn't want people to disagree with your view points, you shouldn't have posted the following.

weswissa said:
I wanted to know what your guys opinions are on death.
You asked OUR opinions...you did not say "Please, if you don't agree with me, don't post!" Therefore, I posted MY opinion!

You really need to get over the whole "everyone is mean to me for disagreeing with me" thing, or you are not going to get very far in life. Not everyone believes the same things you do. Not everyone is going to agree with your thoughts, beliefs, or opinions. Life WILL go on!

weswissa

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Getting a little older as I am it weighs on me some times. Especally when I'm sick and alone. Sometimes I just want to get it over and done with, (see suicide thread). I don't fear death being not religous it's just the end, done, over. It is the process of getting there that bothers me. It my age I've seen so many go, and many go ugly... DON'T SMOKE!!! My parents are 80 and still doing well so I guess I've at least another 30 years to stress about it.

Nam
Why did you say don't smoke?

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Smoking shortens one's life.

Sorry about your Sunday School teacher. I just lost a good choir member and friend to cancer. I hate cancer, as my mom died from it. I guess I'm lucky though, because I have been touched many times by the other world. I have clinically died two times. In each instance, I was at such peace, and in a great light. The second time, when I had my bleeding ulcer, I went through the tunnel of light and saw my mom and dad waiting for me.

Death and life after is always about faith. One either believes or they don't, but some of us have been touched. As many on this site have read my posts, my room mate and I conjured up a real full figured ghost. Of coarse, ghosts don't prove the existence of life in a heavenly plain. Nothing really does. But something of us goes on.

I'm a great believer in John Edwards who speaks to the dead. He has revealed things about passed loved ones that were too specialized to be prodded out of a hapless gullible victim.

The last six months that my aunt was alive, she constantly had communication with a dear friend of her's that had passed. She definitely was seeing this guy. I think the other side knew her end was near, and he came to make that passing easy.

To all of you who fear death, I wouldn't worry, because as you near it, you will see the other side, and where you are going. Though your body may be suffering, you will be removed from it. Loved ones will come to you, and you will be transitioning. Sleep peacefully tonight.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Death. I've come to terms that it is really the unknown we fear when we fear death, nothing more. Its the same way with a lot of fears actually- the fear of darkness, for instance. I do fear the way I will die, however, and I think that that is perfectly natural. No one wants to burn to death, or die in some other painful way; cancer is a prime example of this; that is certainly not the way I would want to die. I've seen a few people die of cancer, and the pain they went through is not something I desire. Pain itself is something I don't desire, in fact... So a painful death; I fear, but I don't fear death itself. Death is an inevitability to me, I know it will one day happen, but I hope it is quick; bang, and then blackness or something. That wouldn't bother me, cause I'd be dead before it could bother me...

G

gamebaby

... my wost topic but i will post it any way.
Death.
When the time comes what will happen.
Will you die and go to a place called heaven where all your hearts desire will occur.
Or will you die in hell where all nightmares happen you will be in eturnal pain.
Maby you will reicarnate and wake up as an infant again and continue life anew being able to live but not love one thing forever.
Then theres the fact that maby nothing will happen.
you will cease to exsist in spirit and u will be gone foreveR in this world.
Anything is possible in death.......You just got to wait and find out.
I dont know but think religon is just looking to make you look forward and keep you life going so you dont worry what happens.

But thats my opinion.

ShyBaby

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Worm food. Or perhaps a 50kg carbon footprint. As far as I'm concerned all bets are off when the lights go out. From a Darwinian perspective, that means your only lasting contribution beyond death is in the offspring you produce and any influence you have on the world around you that might propagate to further generations. If, like me, you don't intend making babies, chances are your lasting impact on the world is going to be intangible at best and immeasurable at worst.

It seems the older we get the more afraid of dying we become. Not even touching on the whole teen suicide thing, a large number of twentysomethings seem to be determined to kill themselves in a car/motorbike or a theatre of war or such like. By the time we're in our 40s, we're starting to realize our time on this world is limited and start popping pills (not the fun ones), exercising, dieting and the rest. All the attitudes expressed above about not being afraid of death, only the process of death don't seem to hold when you look at the lengths people whose life is prematurely ending go to to hang on to the bitter end.

Wow. I didn't intend coming across that negative when I started typing. I think the motto is, "Life, don't knock it 'til you've tried it."

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
ah, all the youthful "i'm not afraid of death" comments remind me of a prelude to war.
death is best avoided until it's inevitable. as life is life, death is death and looking into the eyes of any creature at the moment of death tells a tale of unrivalled fear and panic.

weswissa

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
ah, all the youthful "i'm not afraid of death" comments remind me of a prelude to war.
death is best avoided until it's inevitable. as life is life, death is death and looking into the eyes of any creature at the moment of death tells a tale of unrivalled fear and panic.
Then stop avoiding it, once you are born it's inevitable.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I urge people not to generalize about people saying that they're not afraid of death. How can you know if someone across the internet is saying that to be part of a 'fad' or if certain events in his life where enough to make him immune/apathetic to the idea of dying ?

If he says he's not, you might as well take his word for it. Chances are you won't be around to see if he kept his promise.

I don't mean to offend anyone here, and if someone is scared of dying..Well, it's only logical. It's also logical that some people, through thought & attempting an understanding of death (Which is not necessarily true, but nonetheless subjectively such), obtain a fearlessness of it.

For the record, yes, I'm not scared of death. I might flinch though a bit, who knows. I'm not completely dogmatic :D
On a last notice, saying that your not afraid of death does not mean necessarily you WANT to die, as implied in a few posts. Different things, really.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
During the battle of Omaha Beach, D-day, the Rangers had to scale a sheer cliff in order to take out a German machine gun nest, which was mowing them down. Onward they climbed up, one after another, the first being shot to death, and then the second, and the third, and so forth until one finely got close enough to lob in a grenade and take them out. Each one of those soldiers knew they would die, and made that dicission to die, so that the greater could live. There are those who are not afraid to die. But I suspect there is more. At great momentous times, other dimensions open up and speak to us.

During WW I, and this story is well documented and known, a soldier was to return home to his family at a large English estate. On the day of his arrival, many members of the family so him at the far side of a large pond which had to be walked around in order to get to the front door. They were excited and prepared for his arrival. He never showed up. The next day they were informed that he had been killed in action. I believe that we go on, crossing over to another plain.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
looking into the eyes of any creature at the moment of death tells a tale of unrivalled fear and panic.
you're probably right. i don't feel particularly afraid of death, but i did almost die once and i've never been that scared in my life. something primal took over, and i stopped thinking. my whole system was flooded with adrenaline and all i felt was sheer terror. part of that could have been the fact that the death i was facing was a 200-foot plummet onto jagged rocks.

i try to be realistic about the fact that i could die at any time and i should live each day to the fullest. it actually makes me happy, in the long run, to be as aware of death as possible, because it reminds me to enjoy my life as much as possible and not take things too seriously. but who knows how i'll feel about it when i get older and death starts seeming like a much more imminent reality. it's easy to say i'm not afraid of death now, when i'm young and healthy. evolution has programmed us to fear death and hate pain, so i imagine when i die it's going to wind up being fairly painful and unpleasant. i can't say i'm looking forward to it.

has anyone ever seen the film "dead man walking?" it's a truly amazing film for many reasons, but one of them is that sean penn does such an amazing job of bringing his character's fear of death to life (if that's a permissable turn of phrase) that it actually makes you feel afraid too, out of empathy.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I like to live by the phrase, "Death smiles at all men. All a man can do is smile back." I don't worry about death because I know it will eventually come around, and While I will take certain mesures to extend my life, I won't run forever. Better just to accept the inevitable and try to enjoy life while you have it than to run from death your whole life, living miserably because if the 40+ medications you're on from age 25 and up.

As for what's after death, who knows? I personally think that you die and that is it, all you can do is try to leave a good impression on the world and hopefully help more people than you hurt, maybe even make a difference in their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.