Dealing with super shy bladder

ThePhotographer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
This has been an issue forever, even when not padded. My bladder is like Fort Knox and a borg cube had a child. It’s incredibly hard for me to go when I’m in public bathroom. I have to wait for a stall so I would have a chance of going, even then there’s still a chance I won’t be able to. It’s just annoying as I feel like I’m hogging up a toilet trying to pee, when someone else probably needs it.

Now you can imagine how this would effect my ability to wet in diapers.
I want to be able to relax and go when I want to but I don’t know how to. I would love to be able to not hog a toilet or wet a diaper easily on command instead of standing up relaxing for 5-7 minutes to be able to go.
If any of you guys have any ideas to help making my shy bladder not shy anymore, it would be super appreciated.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
This has been an issue forever, even when not padded. My bladder is like Fort Knox and a borg cube had a child. It’s incredibly hard for me to go when I’m in public bathroom. I have to wait for a stall so I would have a chance of going, even then there’s still a chance I won’t be able to. It’s just annoying as I feel like I’m hogging up a toilet trying to pee, when someone else probably needs it.

I want to be able to relax and go when I want to but I don’t know how to. I would love to be able to not hog a toilet or wet a diaper easily on command instead of standing up relaxing for 5-7 minutes to be able to go.
If any of you guys have any ideas to help making my shy bladder not shy anymore, it would be super appreciated.
Boy I thought my bladder was shy ! , I usauly just wait till I'm busting and go in a stall , or diaper

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've gone through the same problem - morbidly shy bladder. For me though, diapers have actually been very helpful. It's a mental thing - your brain doesn't want to let you go because you're in an unfamiliar situation. Normally that's good, but it doesn't consider just the bathroom to be "normal" enough. Company, looks, sounds, concerns about others nearby, it all screams "not normal!" and so you're locked up tight.

So what you need to do to fix that is to "desensitize" your brain about what's normal and not normal for peeing. Diapers work REALLY well for that because they give you frequent opportunities to practice, with very little risk. And if you fail, (and you will fail) there's no problems create. You haven't blocked a stall or looked stupid just standing there in front of a urinal doing nothing as people come and go. A common suggestion is "get a diaper you can trust", and I suppose I can agree with that. That will help you clear one of your brain's obstacles. Then practice, practice a lot, as much as you can, as often as you can. Start with something that's difficult/challenging but possible. And do it a lot. Once that's easy, move on to something that used to be impossible, but is now just difficult. And do it over and over again. Just keep moving toward the goal.

Most people with shy bladders will need to start around the "wet your diaper while standing in front of a toilet at home" (no pants on) Some find just THAT to be very challenging from the start. Then when that's easy, try it with pants pulled up but fly and button open. And then with pants zipped and buttoned. Now just standing IN the bathroom but not by the toilet. Now standing in the hall or in your bedroom. How about standing in the living room? Just keep increasing the difficulty to keep it challenging.

Eventually you'll be standing outside wetting your diaper. By that point you'll probably notice that you can pee in a stall easily. From there you can either try more difficult public bathroom challenges, or keep pushing your diaper boundaries, like wetting while walking, sitting, in a car, driving, laying down, etc. All of these things will improve your command of your bladder. I refer to this as my "diaper therapy", and I've gone from where you are all the way to being able to use a urinal while standing next to someone else in the row.

AAO

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

I have the same issues with the public bathrooms. I either have to wait for a stall or come back when it is less crowded.

I can use my diaper in most situations when I am by myself except for driving and laying down on my back. I also have trouble using my diaper in close quarters with other people. Such as at a meeting or conference.

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have a very hard time peeing if there is someone using a urinal beside me, I used to goto a nightclub a lot and I dreaded going pee. More recently I went to a concert at an arena, between sets I had to pee... there was a wall with 20 urinals and 20 men shoulder to shoulder, no divider... and there was a line up of men watching (me) and waiting for a urinal. I tried and failed 3 different times, my wife knows I can't pee when surrounded by people so she was totally understanding. Finally on the 4th try I got a stall and peed.

I would be much happier just wearing a diaper and walking around the hallways while I let loose, or at my seat.

I think the more we focus and worry the harder it is to pee... at a urinal it helps me if I look up toward the ceiling and think about something else like work or shopping.

What happens if you drink 1.5 litres of water and wait an hour or two, is it still difficult to pee in a diaper even if you're bursting? I have to stand up most times and it's no problem, if I'm sitting or laying down its harder to release.

Reactions: AAO

ThePhotographer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I’m actually happy I’m not the only one with a super shy bladder. I’ll try some of the methods you guys suggested when I get padded next time ( hopefully soon when my roommate goes for breakfast)