dealing with heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

uppitycrip

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Carer
anyone use or know of a good cooling shirt???

Diapers cause me and my partner to sweat horridly (we both wear for need, CP and MS)

url links are good, i got underarmour, but it isnt comfy on my partner.

MJR

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've never even heard of a cooling shirt before you mentioned it. It's an interesting idea though. I also have Cerebral Palsy. I have Hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy, it effects the left side of my body.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Diapers in the heat are the worst. What I try and do is use as much powder as possible, though I'm sure you already know that trick.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
Of course wearing less/looser clothes will help. Also, if you wear cloth diapers, wearing a "breathable" waterproof pant definitely helps. I got a pair from gabby's.

(the canadian link is here: http://www.gabbys.net/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_16&products_id=14 ) go to gabbys.net if you live elsewhere)

It looks more like a white colour than the picture shows, but the sizes and fit are very well. If you are one of those people "between sizes" it's better, because I'm a small medium of a larger small and the small size fits perfectly on me. Plus you don't have a bigger waist and smaller legs than a lot of waterproof pants I find (for me, I'm awkward, because my legs are a tad bigger than my waist is), but the elastics work really well. The only improvement I could suggest it that they use thicker elastics so it doesn't fold over as much, but I haven't had it leak yet anyway.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Um... well... I dunno about y'all... but I've found that wearing things over my diapers actually makes me sweat more. My typical workday atire is diaper, baggy shorts, & a long t-shirt. The fewer the layers and the looser fitting the clothing... the better off you are. I realise that this is not always practical for everyone b/c of work dress codes and the like... but I'm out in an open warehouse all day with no AC... so it gets plenty hot.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Um... well... I dunno about y'all... but I've found that wearing things over my diapers actually makes me sweat more. My typical workday atire is diaper, baggy shorts, & a long t-shirt. The fewer the layers and the looser fitting the clothing... the better off you are. I realise that this is not always practical for everyone b/c of work dress codes and the like... but I'm out in an open warehouse all day with no AC... so it gets plenty hot.
I think I'd be fine...Since I work in frozen food ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.