Dead monster Washes Ashore, Cloverfield flees for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Some crazy animals just washed up on the shores of Montauk, which, if I'm not mistaken, is in Long Island. It seems only a single picture of the creature was taken, by Jenna Hewitt (a local), before being carted off by some old guy (who wanted to mount it on his wall).
Here's the first source of the picture:
Procrastination Optimized - I was at a party this weekend and met a couple who...

And the first article on it:
Good Luck With Your Hell Demons: Dead Monster Washes Ashore in Montauk

The person who took the photo says it's not a viral marketing scheme, but some people think it is. There's a bunch of witnesess though.
Here's a New York Magazine article on it:
Investigating the Montauk Monster: The Story Deepens! -- Daily Intel -- New York News Blog -- New York Magazine

Run down of different theories:
Good Luck With Your Hell Demons: Montauk Monster Madness Spreads

Personaly, I think someone got clever with with modeling glue and different animal parts. Sort of looks like a turtle without a shell. Or s partialy decomposed rodent or something. It looks too good to be photoshopped, even though some people (wizzs at photoshop, I can imagine) think they've found proof it's been shopped.
Kinda cool though, whatever you think.

It's also on CNN:
Good Luck With Your Hell Demons: Montauk Monster Scare Gets All the Way to the C-N-N

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
O.O i would be scared to find it

i hope its real.......... that would be cool

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've got no opinion on it, personally. New species of creature? Cool. Viral marketing campaign? Brilliant. A corpse in advanced stages of decomposition modified by its aquatic travel? Perhaps.

Either way, it's pretty cool to see the buzz it's kicked up!

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's too convenient that someone came and swiped it before anybody else saw it. That lone is enough to raise suspicion.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Er...this didn't just happened...it happened about 4 days ago...from what I hear it's a viral marketing campaign for Cloverfield 2

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
It's too convenient that someone came and swiped it before anybody else saw it. That lone is enough to raise suspicion.
Yea, turns out one of the witnesess has it's remains at his house. They aren't willing to release information on where exactly it is untill a scientist does some tests on it. (Don't know where that story of the old man mounting it on his wall came from.)

Also, another photo:

Does this proove that it's not shopped? I don't know much about photoshop, but it is the same creature in both photos.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Some crazy animals just washed up on the shores of Montauk, which, if I'm not mistaken, is in Long Island.
Correct! I'm on the opposite side of Long Island though, so It's about a 30-40 minute drive from here on the Belt or Northern State Pkwy to cross into Suffolk county from here in Nassau, but it's close! Very, very rich real estate there. Lots of $$$!

And apparently the remains are either really, really fake, or really, really real. To me, it looks like a form of Pitbul, but also reminds me of a rhino and a hippo.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Put those, put those, put those sleep-inducing ice-cubes in those powdered donuts!

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
And apparently the remains are either really, really fake, or really, really real. To me, it looks like a form of Pitbul, but also reminds me of a rhino and a hippo.
There's no scale, so it's difficult to tell the size, but it looks too small to be a dog. It looks more like a half-decomposed rodent.

Put those, put those, put those sleep-inducing ice-cubes in those powdered donuts!
Come again?

Crassi

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Looks like some kind of cat. The fur has decomposed in the water, as well as the body has bloated up and thus become deformed. The "beak" is really a part of the skull, it's obvious the head has suffered heavy decomposing.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Come again?
You're right. I forgot that they weren't sleep-inducing -- they turned the wolf and the snapper back into a real wolf and a real snapper.

Put those, put those, put those natural-form-inducing ice-cubes in those powdered donuts!

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have seen that on the news earlyer this week and they had a guy on, who looked at the pic and studyed it and he said it was a raccoon, that was partialy decomposed.

The guy was some animal expert and that is what he said, it was on the news probably around thursday morning when I saw it.

The story was originaly on wed. and they had the expert on thurs. talking about it, if you want to check there website for more info it was on Fox and Freinds, the morning show on fox.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Looks like some kind of cat. The fur has decomposed in the water, as well as the body has bloated up and thus become deformed. The "beak" is really a part of the skull, it's obvious the head has suffered heavy decomposing.
YES JET BRILLIANT!

That is EXACTLY what this is. Bodies in advanced stages of decomposition bloat, however, this kitty is very "lucky" for his body to have survived any time in open waters. Aquatic creatures tend to eat any sort of organic substance that lands in the water. I'm sure that close up there are all sorts of bite marks, lacerations, and all manner of damage. Hair sheds upon death, and is accelerated by being in damaging polluted brackish water. The bloating is also accelerated by exposure to water.
This... hyped up kitty corpse is proof of a public wanting to break away from the news stories of solders dying in the big sand box.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
You're right. I forgot that they weren't sleep-inducing -- they turned the wolf and the snapper back into a real wolf and a real snapper.

Put those, put those, put those natural-form-inducing ice-cubes in those powdered donuts!
Come again?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover

I know its sort of off-topic but why didn't shredder force feed them to the turtles? Like all bad guys he caught them then he monologue and they escaped and blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.