DC Amor pink diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyscooby

Banned
Role
  1. Private
Anyone heard of these? stumbled onto these today.

My check list:
plastic - check
absorbent - check
all-over printed - check!
pink - check!!!
http://diaperconn.com
If anyone has bought these I am very interested to see if they are legit.

PaddedArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
sound and look cool, but at 6.50 a diaper its not something that could be used every day

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
$6.50 per diaper!?!? Wow, that is the most expensive one I have ever seen. I don't know if they will sell many of them at that price, especially if they will be charging shipping as well.

Vic92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
$6.50 is for a 2-pack sample (par for the course with specialty diapers). A case of 48 is $72.99.

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
holy crap.

This site is probably the closest thing to a rip-off I've seen in the diaper-world...

A single tena slip maxi for 5.99?????
A Fabine for 10.99???

Other diapers for 6$?

Is this even for real? who would be buying that?

Vic92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Bambino samples are usually around $8. Granted that technically includes shipping, but still. Also Fabines are otherwise unavailable in the US (as far as I know), so of course there's a premium there.

hkdl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have tried this diaper before but didn't get it from this site but instead from the china wholesale..It really is not bad but for 6.49 for 2 pieces of diaper... I personally think its over price.. consider i only got it for around 1 USD each plus shipping

Last edited by a moderator:

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I thought for a few seconds they looked a bit garish but they quickly grew on me (wish they were on me) and for me too they tick all the boxes, pink, plastic.

My only concern is the website Diaper Con?

Vic92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I thought for a few seconds they looked a bit garish but they quickly grew on me (wish they were on me) and for me too they tick all the boxes, pink, plastic.

My only concern is the website Diaper Con?

"Conn" is short for connoisseur. They appear to have Amazon and ebay stores, as well.

Puffs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
$6.50 per diaper hmm, its like a diaper just for celebrities x) like voss water

babyscooby

Banned
Role
  1. Private
I think you guys are missing it here, but some of you have not.
its $73 for a full case.
Ignore the resale of bambinos, and ABU. This pink diaper is one I have never seen in my life.
With the downfall of ABU, An overall printed diaper is becoming more rare in the USA.
I was patiently waiting for the new design, and now it seems like it will never come.
They have not even updated facebook since February. I would never order from a place that does that.

Now I stumbled onto this place, while searching for an American source for cuddlz.
I know I cannot be the only one that is disappointed there are no girl's diapers out there, at any price!
Of couse I am a size large, so I cannot get any of these right now :(

Pulluplover

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am with you scooby. Those are HOT! Wow! And they are CHEAPER then the AB Universe items I usually buy! If you buy 2 or 10 AB/DL diapers at a time, you are going to get raked over the coals. These guys LOSE money when they mail out a single sample, its that simple. I might order a sample since I am stocked up, and so I can check these guys out. The mistake they are making is just having single prices on the front page, which scares off buyers. They should link to the page with prices for all quantities. Thanks for finding these great sissy diapers!

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Regarding the DC Amor: add shipping for a case to the US and it's just shy of $119 for 48 diapers, or $2.48 per (size medium). Hardly the worst price I've seen for a specialty item, especially if these are the same absorbency as a Bellissimo or Fabine, as they advertise. For reference, a medium Bellissimo is $1.89 per when purchased by the case.

If you live in the US, the resale prices for domestically available brands are hardly worth it; I believe the point there is that he ships to other countries. Likewise, he has European imports and ships to the US.

If the DC Amor is indeed an exclusive to this apparently one-man operation and it's a first manufacturing run, the case price is actually very fair, assuming the quality is as stated.

TyphaHare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Yeah, I understand why a sample would be more expensive - these items are meant to be bought in bulk! They get more pricey as they get bought in smaller quantities. Fair enough!

So, can anyone tell about their experience buying these in Europe?

EDIT; ooop! no Europe! The way it was being talked about in this thread I got the impression it works in here nvm

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Look up adhesive tape printing... you can have your own sticky tape printed and apply it to any diaper you like, for WAY less then any of these "speciality items".

It's a rip off in my book.
I can understand that you'd like a quality diaper that works well, but paying so much more simply for a print on it?? after all you wear it, pee in it (or not or whatever) and discard it. So it's a one-time use, disposable item, that usually soon enough ends up smelly in a trash bag.

Even if I'd have a few millions aside on the account, I'd not pay that much for a single diaper or even the bag (for these prices I can get a whole box full of good diapers or even two).

And if I'd be keen on prints (which I'm not) I'd buy self adhesive tape/stickers with a custom digital print.
Most print shops can do stickers cheaply these days thanks to digital printing.
And if you go for online services you can get them in bulk, really really cheap.
I do a lot of custom stickers for machinery (control labels, etc, procedural layouts, etc...). easy & cheap.

Pulluplover

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
EPo1, the difference between IC and DL folks, we just have to keep that in mind. We pay more, because the prints are part of what we desire, and most of us cannot stand the practical, but granny style diaper. I dont have the talent to design and print wraps, and would not want to glue each one on anyways.

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
EPo1, the difference between IC and DL folks, we just have to keep that in mind. We pay more, because the prints are part of what we desire, and most of us cannot stand the practical, but granny style diaper. I dont have the talent to design and print wraps, and would not want to glue each one on anyways.

To me the difference is more in lacking the understanding why anyone would really overpay for a product by such a high margin.
they're diapers.
you can even buy ready printed tapes with child-designs on them - off the roll...
You could probably tape up a hundred diapers in under an hour...

On one side I see people here often complain about the already high price for premium grade diapers...
on the other side, people here think paying upwards of 6 quid for a diaper with some cheap (in monetary senses) tape stuck on it is "ok".

I feel people with kink are so easy to rip off it actually makes me slightly sad whenever I see this...
What some stores for example sell to the BDSM folks at prices so outrageous...
Well I guess if it gets bought... business point made.

But from a customers perspective...
it's a rip off grade A.
You can get the very same thing - any kind of diaper with prints on it, for so much less.
and all you had to do is to stick some tape on it (btw, that is exactly what has been made with the ones on sale featuring prints on the tape-zone.).

But hey, I'm not your wallet's keeper... so suit yourself.

giantguy99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
Well the DC amor diaper actually costs about $3.25 per diaper when bought in a sample pack. There's two of those diapers that are not advertised very well in that sample pack. A case of 48 DC amor diapers costs $72.99 which is about $1.52 per diaper actually. Now the real thing that makes them expensive is the shipping and handling and I am wondering if they are made in Europe? The cost of AB oriented diapers to the U.S from Europe is high and that is why people buy from places like ABuniverse. They get their stock from China not from Europe. ABuniverse actually has very little competition in the U.S outside Bambino's because of their price but only when it comes to competition specifically in the U.S. I can't buy a Fabine or Cuddlz without paying a outrageous price for it because the cost of shipping and handling is even more then paying for the diapers themselves. I can understand that there are a lot of unanswered questions about the company behind this site of course though. I will never pay $118.99 for just 48 diapers but if I could get a case for $72.99 (essentially getting shipping and handling for free like Bambino's would which of course I can't do.) and the company turns out to be run by decent people unlike the ones from ABUniverse then I would get those diapers actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.