Votes: 41 39.8%

• Total voters

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What’s your day time diaper change schedule for a wet diaper ?
I try to change every 4 hours max using a Tena active maxi EU type
If in the morning I may change sooner if to wet or been driving as the front is to wet
IC people only please

Reactions: Diprs2, 247 and jonny77
6 to 8 during the day. Sleeping ~ 8 to 9 hours (with a booster).

Reactions: Neroforte, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Most of the time I change 2 to 3 times a day or as needed ..

Reactions: Diprs2, HalMidLife and Edgewater
7am - 2pm Pubic Pressure Urinal, 2pm -10.30pm Tena Flex Maxi, 10.30pm - 7am Tena Ultima

Reactions: Diprs2, DustyT and Edgewater
the same for me 3-4 times every day.. up to the wetness

Reactions: Diprs2, NappiedTruckDriver and Edgewater
Night time I wear MEGAMAX, but during the day, I use cloth diapers and vary the number of layers depending on whether I am out and about and how long or around the house in which I follow my 4-6 hour schedule. Diaper covers day or night.

Reactions: Neroforte, PaddedRita and Diprs2
I average a change every 4 to 5 hours. Sometimes a bit more. Sometimes a bit less. Today I'm on my 3rd change & it's not even noon so I'm tracking at about 5 to 6 changes before bed.

Reactions: Diprs2, NappiedTruckDriver and Edgewater
For me, it's about every 6 to 8 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less. It just depends, no pun. If just wet, it's usually the 6 to 8 hours, if messy, as soon as I can, if not sooner!
That means for me a diaper change within about 45 min of waking, and this allows for a BM at home before showering and then dressing and off to work; again a change about lunch time; if going to the gym, there is another change; and of course fresh diaper before bed.
I'm fully U-IC, and seem to be headed towards fully IC. But for now, that's about my diaper change schedule.

Reactions: Diprs2 and NappiedTruckDriver
I budget four diapers a day.
1. Morning change
2. Early afternoon change, 4-6 hrs later
3. Evening change, 4-6 hrs later
4. Change before bed

Messy diapers and exercise pull-ups, add 1-3 changes per day. Dehydration and less food intake, subtract 1 change per day. If I end up skipping one, it’s usually the evening change.

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, EcoIncon and 3 others
If I poop, I'll be sure to poop as soon as possible.
First thing in the morning, if I pooped in the night, I poop right before I go to work.
2. afternoon time varies. After lunch I watch and when I need to poop I go.
3. the night before, depends on when I do the afternoon change and hydration status. If I need a change and it's a short bedtime I just put a lighter cloth diaper and pad.
4. for sleeping a thick diaper
I currently have one more interesting fact. I produce far more urine at night than during the day. I know it should be the other way around, but I don't.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
jaja said:
I currently have one more interesting fact. I produce far more urine at night than during the day. I know it should be the other way around, but I don't.

This is a discussion item with your Doctor, clearly review your liquid intake to determine if you need to drink more in the morning /afternoon and reduce evening intake, first!

Reactions: Diprs2
parcelboy2 said:
What’s your day time diaper change schedule for a wet diaper ?
I try to change every 4 hours max using a Tena active maxi EU type
If in the morning I may change sooner if to wet or been driving as the front is to wet
IC people only please
On average about three times a day. Then one nappy all night. I use tena maxi slips at night and maxi comfort large shaped pads during ther day

I use cloth diapers most of the time for comfort in the Texas heat and humidity. My job requires meeting customers outside much of the time so I prefer cloth over disposables for a few reasons, bunching being one important one. Being that my urination is nearly uncontrolled and I’m prone to flooding much of the time, I find that a single cloth diaper isn’t enough absorbency, as well as absorbing perspiration from.being outside part of the day. Two thinner (older) diapers are usually adequate, covered by a waterproof pant and a control brief or body briefer to keep everything in place works well. I choose fuller dresses and skirts with colorful prints most of the time, which hides the bulk quite well. I have a very small frame and especially small butt so the diapers round things out nicely.
I wake up in very wet double diapers almost every morning and change into a thinner set of double diapers for the morning.
Usually around lunch time I change into dry diapers and again in the late afternoon, more or less as needed.
In the evening, after supper, I get a shower and slip into thick (newer) diapers for the night.

Reactions: Diprs2, PaddedRita, Ceary and 2 others
During the day, I wear as accident prevention for U&F-IC. If an accident occurs, then up to 4 hours unless it's a BM. Otherwise, I change at the end of day.

Morning change then during the week usually an M4 with a couple of inserts. It should last until the middle of the day and sometimes I can just change the pads. In fact I try to do only that if only to save on nappies. Fortunately I can change at work without too much hassle. Then I often have to change again before I leave work as I sometimes work late. Again pads only if possible. Then a big change back home with a completely new nappy. And for bed a terry nappy and plastic pants. So usually 4 changes a day like most people. If I have a messy accident, which is rare, I change straight away. Now I'm IC I couldn't care about my fluid intake which I used to watch carefully to avoid accidents. So sometimes I glug a lot of fluids, especially coffee, and more changes are needed.

If I'm working from home or its the weekend and I'm only using diapers, I'm good for 2 or 3 (tops) during a 24-hour period. My two staples are Dry 24/7 and Incontrol Essential, and they both can easily handle my dozen or so smallish leaks.

If I'm using pull ups, it's usually three times during waking hours plus a diaper for sleeping.

I assume that those of you who are wearing your diaper for 6-8 hours between changes have some level of control and use the potty when you can. I am not incontinent but I have worn 24/7 for a week or two at a time. Assuming I am staying adequately hydrated and taking in my average daily intake of fluids (water and coffee) I am wetting my diaper at least once sometimes twice per hour. Assuming this replicates someone who only uses their diaper for bladder voids I usually cannot go more than 2-4 hours between changes and that’s with a Betterdry.

The capacity rating (8-12 hours) on diapers seems to me to be somewhat of a joke. I am not referring to the supercharged ABDL brands but the brands that are considered higher capacity and are marketed towards individuals with heavy or severe incontinence needs (northshore, abena, tena, betterdry, etc). I just don’t think that someone who has heavy incontinence would be able to comfortably wear a Northshore supreme or megamax for more than 3-4 hours if they were staying adequately hydrated. Beyond that amount of time the diaper would become so wet that skin health would start being jeopardized and the swelling/wetness would make the diaper bulky, uncomfortable, and much less discreet which just isn’t practical
or realistic.

blueberry said:
I assume that those of you who are wearing your diaper for 6-8 hours between changes have some level of control and use the potty when you can. I am not incontinent but I have worn 24/7 for a week or two at a time. Assuming I am staying adequately hydrated and taking in my average daily intake of fluids (water and coffee) I am wetting my diaper at least once sometimes twice per hour. Assuming this replicates someone who only uses their diaper for bladder voids I usually cannot go more than 2-4 hours between changes and that’s with a Betterdry.

The capacity rating (8-12 hours) on diapers seems to me to be somewhat of a joke. I am not referring to the supercharged ABDL brands but the brands that are considered higher capacity and are marketed towards individuals with heavy or severe incontinence needs (northshore, abena, tena, betterdry, etc). I just don’t think that someone who has heavy incontinence would be able to comfortably wear a Northshore supreme or megamax for more than 3-4 hours if they were staying adequately hydrated. Beyond that amount of time the diaper would become so wet that skin health would start being jeopardized and the swelling/wetness would make the diaper bulky, uncomfortable, and much less discreet which just isn’t practical
or realistic.

Those of us who are in fact 24/7, U-IC understand what our void sizes are and a fair idea of when. I maintain good hydrations and find that during the day,I void more often than at night. That said, I use cloth diapers during the day, adjusted to how long I plan on being out and about. it is not uncommon during any given day that I change 3 to 6 times. During nighttime, I use a single MEGAMAX with their diaper cover and commonly see 10+ hours with 8+hours of solid sleep and an hour or more on either side. I walkup in a very wet diaper, but rarely, near zero leaks.

Not sure what your volumes are but it is possible that your volume is above normal, which may connect with a high intake of liquids.

I will say that I am suspect of your Post based on the wording and baiting technic used.

Reactions: newt and Diprs2
Edgewater said:
Those of us who are in fact 24/7, U-IC understand what our void sizes are and a fair idea of when. I maintain good hydrations and find that during the day,I void more often than at night. That said, I use cloth diapers during the day, adjusted to how long I plan on being out and about. it is not uncommon during any given day that I change 3 to 6 times. During nighttime, I use a single MEGAMAX with their diaper cover and commonly see 10+ hours with 8+hours of solid sleep and an hour or more on either side. I walkup in a very wet diaper, but rarely, near zero leaks.

Not sure what your volumes are but it is possible that your volume is above normal, which may connect with a high intake of liquids.

I will say that I am suspect of your Post based on the wording and baiting technic used.
Thanks for the reply Edgewater. Yes my voids are larger and much more frequent during the daytime. I also wear just one diaper at night and routinely go 8ish hours comfortably. I should have clarified that it’s during the day I’ll that I’ve never really had a diaper last more than a 3-4 hours when I’m keeping up with my fluids.

blueberry said:
Thanks for the reply Edgewater. Yes my voids are larger and much more frequent during the daytime. I also wear just one diaper at night and routinely go 8ish hours comfortably. I should have clarified that it’s during the day I’ll that I’ve never really had a diaper last more than a 3-4 hours when I’m keeping up with my fluids.
That is far more logical. Assure that your daytime hydration is appropriate as to your body mass as higher levels of hydration can cause a shift in your body chemistry, which can lead to serious health problems. Plus, limit your out and about time which is very important to assure mental health. Thank you, for providing clarity.

Reactions: PaddedRita and Diprs2
Back