Dating thread

FreespiritUK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
And regarding posting a couple of pics of yourself. As if that's safe to do online on something like this? I've had some hurrendous experiences online when people have got my pics and found who I really am etc.. I don't think that is good advice at all.

DragonPrinceling

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
This has always seemed the most genuine of anything abdl and related stuff.. So people may have a little more faith of viewing a link from here more than anywhere else.

Just seems a real shame not to help all of us that are searching when it seems a real simple idea and one that shouldn't have a negative impact if done the right way
I think this is the wrong way of thinking about this. Instead of thinking "this site should have a dating thread because it is genuine of anything ABDL," we should think "why does Adisc have so much genuine ABDL content?" The most likely answer I could come with is that it doesn't have a dating thread. Whilst many users would use the dating thread genuinely, it would also invite more undesirable behaviour, and adisc would cease to be a safe and healthy support site.
The reasons why you want a dating thread on here are exactly why we shouldn't.

BengieG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
You could always change your avitar. Put something indicating your looking and put more info in your profile. We obviously have a Zuckerberg's in here so that's the path of least resistance

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Babyfur
And regarding posting a couple of pics of yourself. As if that's safe to do online on something like this? I've had some hurrendous experiences online when people have got my pics and found who I really am etc.. I don't think that is good advice at all.
I would personally not post pictures with your face visible unless you are comfortable with everyone you know one day seeing them and you are not worried about the consequences if you get doxed (facial recognition tech is getting good quick).

As for posting pictures here or elsewhere, a website can control who gets to see the version of the picture *you* uploaded, but they can't do anything to prevent someone who has legitimate access from leaking them.

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Babyfur
Anyway we are not a dating site not because we are puritanical (we really aren't, I swear) but because that's really not the service we aim to provide. We aren't trying to be a better version of FetLife or Tindr/Grindr. It's a similar reason we keep things broadly SWF-ish, there's a ton of other places one can go for explicit ABDL content, part of what makes us different is precicely that we don't allow it and that allows people who are new to this or who don't quite accept themselves yet to be more comfortable. It also allows ABDLs to meet and mingle in an environment that isn't overtly sexual. We're like a munch, not a dungeon party.

You actually totally can use ADISC to find a long term relationship (there have been not one but two married couples formed just from the mod team over the years), but that doesn't make us a dating site any more that the Bobsleigh world cup (where seemingly every year two athletes from different countries get married) is a dating event. When people mingle with like minded peers romance blooms sometimes. Just take it elsewhere if it gets much more exciting than hand holding :p

Last edited:

Chosen

ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇʀ
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
No to the best of my 8 year knowledge.

However there is several couples that have meet and gotten married on the site.

It happens with posting on forums and them moves to mutually PM's

So there is ways to do it discreetly and let nature take its course.
Anyway we are not a dating site not because we are puritanical (we really aren't, I swear) but because that's really not the service we aim to provide. We aren't trying to be a better version of FetLife or Tindr/Grindr. It's a similar reason we keep things broadly SWF-ish, there's a ton of other places one can go for explicit ABDL content, part of what makes us different is precicely that we don't allow it and that allows people who are new to this or who don't quite accept themselves yet to be more comfortable. It also allows ABDLs to meet and mingle in an environment that isn't overtly sexual. We're like a munch, not a dungeon party.

You actually totally can use ADISC to find a long term relationship (there have been not one but two married couples formed just from the mod team over the years), but that doesn't make us a dating site any more that the Bobsleigh world cup (where seemingly every year two athletes from different countries get married) is a dating event. When people mingle with like minded peers romance blooms sometimes. Just take it elsewhere if it gets much more exciting than hand holding :p
This. This right here

Last edited:

311KC

You are nobody until somebody loves you
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
  3. Private
Cutting all the BS, whats the real deal you guys are here? By a show of hands, how many other people use this as their method of coping after a bad breakup? Me too.... Whats even the point anymore? You join a group to try and meet people who are into the same stuff as you, but the catch is that all the good ones are too busy attracting the attention of every other person, so you don't even get the time of day from them when all you wanna do is talk? Its so hard thinking about the future when the present is so full of hardships and stress, and I guess this is where we all come when we need to escape. I know I sure as hell do. I wish I could've given you guys this on a more positive note, im sorry. Sometimes its not better to try and find somebody different to help you forget and move on, but it sure as hell is easier than trying to beat it all on your own.

AtPeace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Cutting all the BS, whats the real deal you guys are here? By a show of hands, how many other people use this as their method of coping after a bad breakup? Me too.... Whats even the point anymore? You join a group to try and meet people who are into the same stuff as you, but the catch is that all the good ones are too busy attracting the attention of every other person, so you don't even get the time of day from them when all you wanna do is talk? Its so hard thinking about the future when the present is so full of hardships and stress, and I guess this is where we all come when we need to escape. I know I sure as hell do. I wish I could've given you guys this on a more positive note, im sorry. Sometimes its not better to try and find somebody different to help you forget and move on, but it sure as hell is easier than trying to beat it all on your own.
Feels man, I get you

FreespiritUK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Sometimes when I open up about things abdl related.. Then I get a reply.. I get uncomfortable.. Like I'm thinking to myself. What the hell are you opening up to a complete stranger for.

I know I won't fully accept this side of me... But I have moments where I do.

RainbowConnection

"The lovers, the dreamers, and me."
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I just don't think a dating thread would work, for the same reasons it doesn't work elsewhere. I'm no expert on love, or how to find it, but I think it's just something that happens one day and then you have the choice to make it work. If your partner truly loves you, then you two will figure out where ABDL fits in your relationship together; it won't be you trying to make it fit by yourself. ABDL is important, but it shouldn't be the most important thing in a relationship.

But this is just a comment by a young guy who has almost no relationship experience, so take it with a grain of salt.

Chosen

ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇʀ
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just don't think a dating thread would work, for the same reasons it doesn't work elsewhere. I'm no expert on love, or how to find it, but I think it's just something that happens one day and then you have the choice to make it work. If your partner truly loves you, then you two will figure out where ABDL fits in your relationship together; it won't be you trying to make it fit by yourself. ABDL is important, but it shouldn't be the most important thing in a relationship.

But this is just a comment by a young guy who has almost no relationship experience, so take it with a grain of salt.
Took the words right out of my mouth 👍🤯