Damn you, irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
As none of you may know, My parents were and still are heavy smokers. My dad was formerly a 3-pack-a-day smoker, but has brought it down to 1 a day. My mother has decided to smoke only in her bedroom and outside, as I told her to do that, or im f*cking packing. Now, when your parents smoke around you for most of your life, you tend to inhale alot of it. Since Im forced to be around my parents when they smoke, The air has no more second-hand. The ironic part? Im having mutherf*cking withdrawl symptoms. Also: Hooray for first thread.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Wait why are you having withdrawal symptoms? I know what you mean about smoking around you. Part of the reason I quit was because of my siblings, it went down from 3 smokers, to 2 now. I get quite ticked off at my mom, while she has the right to smoke in her house, it really does bother me that she knows I quit (7 weeks now yey! ^.^) and she still insists on smoking around me.

I once had a teacher ask me, in gr.8, if I smoked. Of course I didn't! But thats how badly I smelt of smoke from my mom.

As for ever craving it, not a chance. Not until I started - at least.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You might be suffering psychosomatic symptoms.

This is to say : If someone is not too knowledgeable on a subject, or even subconsciously wants or expects an ill, it happens.

What I suggest to you is try to put the idea that its an as said before symptom (even if it might not be, I don't exclude anything.) and the effects within 3 days will be hopefully reversed, and you won't feel withdrawal.

As for Mandi, congrats on quitting.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Thanks Dig, Ill try that when I figure out what you said.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sorry if it as a bit incomprehensible, I'll try to smooth it out.

If you subconsciously believe that you will get withdrawal symptoms by not getting second hand smoke, then it will actually happen. It's a bit like the placebo effect.

So, if you tell yourself (through affirmation) that these feelings of withdrawal are merely psychosomatic, it will be easier to rid of them, as you will have made yourself understand or believe it's all in the mind.

Of course, it might not be the case, but I'm putting a high bet that it is.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
I think that smoking around your sons is a very bad way to behave as a parent, since this way you're simply intoxicating them. It's irrespectful, to say the least. My dad has always been a hevay smoker (reduced a lot after a surgery some years ago), but NEVER smoked inside the house. I even succeeded in stopping him smoke inside the car.

I have a couple of friends I sometimes visit, and they are very heavy smokers (3 packets total in a day, or so), and everytime I come back from having been some days with them I notice that my nose can't smell anymore, and all my clothes stink of cigarette smoke. That's horrible!

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
You think you got it bad? My mom smoked while she was pregnant with me.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Wait why are you having withdrawal symptoms? I know what you mean about smoking around you. Part of the reason I quit was because of my siblings, it went down from 3 smokers, to 2 now. I get quite ticked off at my mom, while she has the right to smoke in her house, it really does bother me that she knows I quit (7 weeks now yey! ^.^) and she still insists on smoking around me.

I once had a teacher ask me, in gr.8, if I smoked. Of course I didn't! But thats how badly I smelt of smoke from my mom.

As for ever craving it, not a chance. Not until I started - at least.
I recall some sleepy head telling me "I want a cigarette so bad.." at like 5 am her time when we were talking on Skype. Anyways I am glad you aren't smoking anymore Mandi. Its a total waste of money. Also coming back from my moms all my crap smells like smoke even my PC and Ipod.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
I think that smoking around your sons is a very bad way to behave as a parent, since this way you're simply intoxicating them. It's irrespectful, to say the least. My dad has always been a hevay smoker (reduced a lot after a surgery some years ago), but NEVER smoked inside the house. I even succeeded in stopping him smoke inside the car.

I have a couple of friends I sometimes visit, and they are very heavy smokers (3 packets total in a day, or so), and everytime I come back from having been some days with them I notice that my nose can't smell anymore, and all my clothes stink of cigarette smoke. That's horrible!
How could you smell the smoke on you if you couldn't smell. My thing is that if someone wants cancer or other smoking related problems that's their thing but if I am walking down the street and someone is blowing smoke that is getting to me I'll tell them to put it out and if they don't, which has never happened, I would do it for them with my fist.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have smoked pot and I recently quit I'm not ashamed of it at all. I'm an atheist open-minded person
The above is a quote from your blog.

''*Someone lights up a cigarette at a safe 10 meter distance*''

''Get out of here! You filthy smoker! You damn nicotine head! I'll punch you if you don't put it out and scram!''

Okay, open minded friend of mine.

Also, pot messes with peoples heads up more than almost anything. Cigarettes are bad, but don't mess with your head. Only hard drugs are worse than Pot. All drugs are bad, mkay?

Disclaimer : I do not condone the use of Marijuana, Pot, or Cannabis related drugs. If anything, I am for it's legalization, even though I am not a user.

However, I consider it absurd for someone who previously smoked pot and considers himself an open minded person (not to mention the peace loving signature, and the new age hippie self proclamation in a blog) to resort to violence against users something that is less of a mental screw up than Cannabis.

Stating that you are not afraid to be violent against people in forums does not make you macho, Dave.

Especially on a diaper forum.

Thank you, and my apologies for the mild sarcasm.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Yeah well the fact is that I don't care if I am macho because the fact that I would kick someones ass doesn't make me macho it just means that I would kick someones ass. I only smoked pot by myself and with other people who were doing the same thing. I would never do it in an area where other people who may or may not want smoke around them. Also look up statistics marijuana is actually the safest drug besides caffeine. If you have had experience in that area you would know that. I also said that so far it has never come to that because if I ask someone to stop smoking in my face while I am walking down the streets in Annapolis or Baltimore then they usually either say sorry and pick up the pace or they stop and finish their cigarette around other smokers. I am against cigarettes because I have friends that have lost parents to lung cancer and my best friends mom is slowly dying because of what smoking cigarettes and drinking has done to her body. That is why at 18 I don't drink or smoke. The only reason I smoked pot is because based on the large amounts of research I have done says that if done in moderation the effects on a persons brain are not lasting and it is not physically addictive. Along with the fact that for some reason it causes far less cases of cancer when it has twice the carcinogens that. Plus it helped with my panic attacks, which before I started had become a daily occurrence. So before you judge someone ask them their reasons because in my experience there is always a reason for something. Also please don't try to understand me because I am a ridiculously complex person and my own personality and beliefs have severe contradictions all over the place, I am going to college where I'll have time to sort out who I am and all that crap but for now I am what I am.

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
**** your whiny shit. Your parents bust their asses all day to support your little punk ass. They're adults and they can smoke if they want to. And your mother can smoke where she wants to, it's her godamn house. Quit being such a bitch, you're not going through withdrawal, and the only way to get addicted to second hand smoke is to recieve it for about fouty years. Quit buying into that liberal "I know better than you" anti-smoking sissy crap, and man up.

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
**** your whiny shit. Your parents bust their asses all day to support your little punk ass. They're adults and they can smoke if they want to. And your mother can smoke where she wants to, it's her godamn house. Quit being such a bitch, you're not going through withdrawal, and the only way to get addicted to second hand smoke is to recieve it for about fouty years. Quit buying into that liberal "I know better than you" anti-smoking sissy crap, and man up.
Man someone's politically right here. Although I do agree with you, don't tell your parents what to do, it's their house. Will you stop going on the computer if your future kids want to have some time online and it's the only computer in the house?? NO they are NOT allowed, daddy is busy doing important stuff, go play outside!

Although my parents decided it was best to smoke outside because they were ruining the ceiling :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.