Damn it I hate Teenage cashiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Possibly Insane

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, I was all pumped for another purchase. I went into Rite-Aid at 8:45 pm, which is always a good time to go, in my experience. But the girls working the cashier desk were young, about my age, and extremely attractive. So, I chickened out. Fail purchase. Now I'm sad. And want to punch myself in the face.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Unless you know, them they aren't giong to give a flying flip what you buy. When ever I get nervous buying diapers I just pretend too be texting. Gives me something to stare at while I'm checking out.

CrazyCanuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Unless you know, them they aren't giong to give a flying flip what you buy. When ever I get nervous buying diapers I just pretend too be texting. Gives me something to stare at while I'm checking out.

Ya I agree with the tactic. I always buy with a bunch of other groceries and pretend to be checking over a list while the items are rung in. That way (if you're younger), it just looks like your doing the groceries for your parents.

Kevin

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
Seriously if you can get away from the self-checkout aisles (which I love) they seriously and cannpt give a shit for what you buy. The only danger towards this is if you know the cashier. I have several of my friends who work as cashiers or baggers that I try to avoid when I shop but they can't give a fuck for what you are shopping. Unless you can come up with a quick lie upon asking, I also think that the texting idea can work.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Ya I agree with the tactic. I always buy with a bunch of other groceries and pretend to be checking over a list while the items are rung in. That way (if you're younger), it just looks like your doing the groceries for your parents.

I always hate suggestions like that, because then you have a whole bunch of crap you don't want or need, so unless you're actually shopping for other things, it's just a waste of money

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Seriously if you can get away from the self-checkout aisles (which I love) they seriously and cannpt give a shit for what you buy. The only danger towards this is if you know the cashier. I have several of my friends who work as cashiers or baggers that I try to avoid when I shop but they can't give a fuck for what you are shopping. Unless you can come up with a quick lie upon asking, I also think that the texting idea can work.

No self-checkouts at most the stores around here

D

daria7483

Go into the store with the mindset that you are purchasing diapers for another person, like a younger sibling or a grandparent. That helps because then you can imagine that the other person is thinking the same thing. I actually did buy diapers for my grandmother occasionally when she was alive, so it's not like it's inconceivable.

A

annierighthurr

My trick? (Well now I don't care but I used this trick consistently for the first few years I bought Depends).

Buy a Happy 40th (30th, 50th, whatever) Birthday card. or even a "Happy Birthday Dad" card. Leave it face up, on top of the diaper package. If you are outgoing and brave, and can play-off being nervous, you can even joke about your "gag gift" to the cashier. They usually find it funny and if not, if they don't comment or you don't feel like joking around with them, they will make the obvious connection in their head.

It costs an extra $2-3 at most, and in my nervous days of buying, it was sooo worth it, and a lot easier then buying a lot of extra crap to pretend like you are shopping for your parents.

PurpleGecko

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I was 18, I worked as a cashier at a Target, and not a day went by when I didn't check out some kind of "embarrassing" product, especially adult diapers. About 70% of the merchandise I was scanning I never actually identified, I'd just scan and bag it...whenever I came across an "embarrassing" product, my indentifcation of it would only last a second, and I didn't even glance at the person buying it ("...bananas, make-up...huh. A douche. Chicken, greeting card...").

When it came to adult diapers, I of course sort of singled on them for just a few seconds, perhaps even took a glance at who was buying them (everyone from old ladies to middle-aged couples to teenagers), but solely because of my own fixation with them. Then, right back to work. I didn't have time to dwell on it.

Think of buying diapers like buying tampons, really. So many packages sell within just a few hours (which is why the incontinence section is always HUGE in those stores) that nobody honestly cares. And even if they do notice and silently think it's weird, it only lasts for a few seconds...it's not like they're going to be recalling it for the rest of the day, or even remember your face. They don't care: they're teenagers! They're all angry and nihilistic and greasy.

Having been in their shoes helped me out. I still feel a bit nervous when I pick them up in the aisle, but if I'm buying a big amount of groceries, I have the courage to even buy TWO packs. :smile1:

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The last time I bought diapers irl I ran the texting distraction for myself. It was kind of funny because as i'm buying the underjams Yawgy texted me about how it was going and as I was texting him back the cashier lady was like picking up one more thing huh? and I was like heh yeah. :p

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
I just pretend im buying them for my sister, I make up a story about her being a bedwetter, and that will silence most cashiers. Just think about the diapers and it should help.

TOAccountant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I find just walking in with confidence works. I'm 20-something and I just go in pick up the goodnites (my usual buy) good up to the counter with just that and check out. I've gotten some looks but honestly I think the looks are "He's too young to have kids... I guess its for a sibling". The weirdest is when I get a cashier that I usually see. I tend to shop at this one store for like chips and drinks on my way home from work but I also do my diaper shopping there so the guy was a bit confused but didn't say anything. I don't know these people and they don't know me so no one cares.

The funnyiest time for me was when I got this REALLY old lady and she was so nice but she gave me this "I know these are for you and I have the same problem look" but that might have been in my head.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I work at a drug store and (unless they are a fellow ab/dl/tb) can assure no one cares. In 10 years that I have worked for this company no employee has even talked about who bought what diapers.

Possibly Insane

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Very interesting advice. I dunno, I wouldn't have had a problem if it was a dude working the cash register. But these were girls... ;).

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
The pharmacies in my town are pretty much run by high schoolers.... I go to a large school, and don't know many of the people... I also tend to stick out... (see my uploads for an explination) so I'm sure they all recognize me...

I have the same problems...

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think this is one of those things that just takes time and confidence. When i was in high school and college i was so hung up on what someone might think, but now that i am older i just walk in and buy them. No big deal. You just have to approach it with an air of total confidence, greet the cashier with a neutral but polite smile, pay for your goods and be on your way.

You will draw much more attention to yourself by acting nervous and pacing around the store shadily.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Next time, steel yourself with the knowledge that if one of the girls cracks up or makes a smart-ass comment, you can report them to their boss.

CVS91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
My trick? (Well now I don't care but I used this trick consistently for the first few years I bought Depends).

Buy a Happy 40th (30th, 50th, whatever) Birthday card. or even a "Happy Birthday Dad" card. Leave it face up, on top of the diaper package. If you are outgoing and brave, and can play-off being nervous, you can even joke about your "gag gift" to the cashier. They usually find it funny and if not, if they don't comment or you don't feel like joking around with them, they will make the obvious connection in their head.

It costs an extra $2-3 at most, and in my nervous days of buying, it was sooo worth it, and a lot easier then buying a lot of extra crap to pretend like you are shopping for your parents.

That's pretty dang smart. I might have to try that next time. Although, I'm getting to the point where I really don't care. Chances are, I will never see that cashier again. And if I did, the only reason would be buying more diapers. ^_^

-Caleb

Possibly Insane

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, I'm going to try again tonight. Hopefully this goes better. Haha, even after 6 runs, I'm still nervous as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.