Daily Life of a Live-In Caregiver / Companion

KitsuneFox

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
I have been in construction for most of my life - 18+ years of industrial construction & maintenance, and before that, 6+ years of residential construction. Due to numerous health problems I was forced to quit.
Now-a-days I am an independent live-in caregiver and companion for an older gentlemen in his late 60's ( I often refer to him as the '7 year old' ). He has mental and physical difficulties, needing assistance to deal with daily living. He lives with his husband ( I often refer to him as the '2 year old' ), a high level manager for a global corporation.
I was extremely lucky to find an ABDL household, especially since I am almost completely bladder incontinent and I am slowly losing control of my bowels. Diapers around here are completely normalized.
Here is a look at my daily schedule as a 24/7 live-in caregiver.

* Wake up is at 6:00 AM
I get dressed, take my morning pills and get ready.
* About 6:15 AM
The 'children' usually come out of their room - sometimes I have to get the '7 year old' out of bed. At this time I can judge what mental state the '7 year old' is in, and plan accordingly. We all go down stairs.
* 7:00 AM
I dress the '2 year old' for exercise time, and make the '7 year old' a packed breakfast.
* About 8:00 AM
I strip the '2 year old' for shower time, and put away the dishes I washed last night. At this point, the '2 year old' does his own thing. I make sure the '7 year old' has actually taken all his morning pills.
* About 9:00 AM
I help dress the '7 year old, and he packs up his stuff to walk out to the "guest cottage". He likes being alone for a while. I make sure nothing important is forgotten.
At this point I review what cleaning & maintenance projects need to be worked on for the day - I do not have a set cleaning schedule, I do things as-needed. I also review the appointment schedules, look at what deliveries are expected for the day, and I figure out what is for supper time. If it is Monday, I put together a grocery list, review all prescriptions, and I find out if anything else needs to be purchased on shopping day.
I maintain contact with the '7 year old' using Viber.
* About 9:30 AM
Shower time for me, and then I start on the daily chores that need done.
* About 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
The '7 year old' hops in the shower and I walk out to diaper and dress him for the day. If it is Tuesday, I take off and to the shopping for the week. Shopping usually takes 2+ hours.
* About 12:00 PM
I figure out what the '7 year old' wants for lunch, and make it for him. If it is Tuesday, I do this before going shopping.
* About 12:30 PM
The '7 year old' relocates back to the house, and I make sure he did not forget anything important in the "guest cottage". I make sure he takes his afternoon pills.
* About 1:00 PM
Lunch time for myself and the 2 'children'.
* About 1:30 PM
Clean up from lunch time - the '2 year old' disappears back to his office, the '7 year old' goes off to his office to be alone again. I start working on maintenance projects. If it is Sunday, I mow and/or maintain the pathways on the property.
* About 3:00 PM
If the '7 year old' hasn't had a fecal accident, this is the time I usually change his diaper. If it is Saturday, me and the '2 year old' go on a hiking trip.
* 5:00 PM
I remind the 'children' they need to feed the (pet) ducks, and I start preparing supper. The '7 year old' does insist on cooking certain things 'the way he likes it', and I let him as long as I supervise.
* 6:45 PM
The '2 year old' is taken out of his office clothes, and put in his evening clothes.
* 7:00 PM
Supper time
* 7:45 PM
Cleanup time
* About 8:30 PM
I change both 'children' into their nighttime diapers and clothing, if it is the weekend, it is TV / Movie time usually.
* About 9:00 PM
Story time. The '7 year old' and than myself read something. I make sure the '7 year old' has taken all his pills for the evening.
* About 9:45 PM
I take the 'children' upstairs, and we have snuggle time sitting in their bed.
* About 10:00 PM
I put the '7 year old' to bed, and change into my nighttime diaper, than go to sleep.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Rezzu, bbbinkie, ronnieM and 4 others
Are you paid? It’s a lot of work for one person

Thank you. That’s an extraordinary window on another life.

Reactions: AComputerGuy
One can get paid my medicaid as a caregiver, I am looking into it for the time I spend caring for a family member.

How much you can pay a caregiver through Medicaid varies by state and program

Thanks for your wonderful insight - my question is, how does your schedule vary if something unexpected happens or if you’re spending the day in public?

I have a full time aide , she makes just north of $22 hour , she drives my catheter, does my meds , feeds and changes me ,washes my diapers and cleans as needed ( I generally don’t make a mess unless I go out in rain or snow , then all manner of crap sticks to tires and jumps off when they dry , and you get tire prints ( Brooklyn marble ) I was a carer before I became a caree , so I do my best to be independent in everything I can and ensure my aide has a good quality of life , on or off work.because it’s a huge difference between working for an ogre and a person with a disability , I worked as a live in aide for a Quad and then as firefighter until I became a quad myself .

That's one very interesting job. Yes, how incredible that you got two "babies".

They are adults why are u calling them children u are a caregiver that is Demeaning.

furry121 said:
They are adults why are u calling them children u are a caregiver that is Demeaning.
Drawing from context (them being AB), I think him calling them children is to quite literally demonstrate that he is a CG to two people who are ABDL 24/7.

Reactions: AComputerGuy, KitsuneFox and Abdlchriscrinkle
furry121 said:
The "2 year old" is an AB ... the "7 year old" wants to be referred by that age, though he very rarely acts childish in a traditional sense.
Both "children" are referred to as such, frequently, in real life.

Last edited:
Ohh.. ok. Interesting so your a caregiver like a state worker or a live in roomate caregiver?

KitsuneFox said:
I have been in construction for most of my life - 18+ years of industrial construction & maintenance, and before that, 6+ years of residential construction. Due to numerous health problems I was forced to quit.
Now-a-days I am an independent live-in caregiver and companion for an older gentlemen in his late 60's ( I often refer to him as the '7 year old' ). He has mental and physical difficulties, needing assistance to deal with daily living. He lives with his husband ( I often refer to him as the '2 year old' ), a high level manager for a global corporation.
I was extremely lucky to find an ABDL household, especially since I am almost completely bladder incontinent and I am slowly losing control of my bowels. Diapers around here are completely normalized.
Here is a look at my daily schedule as a 24/7 live-in caregiver.

Do you get any time off? Are they generally independent during this time or is there a respite worker who takes over when you can't be there?

Back