Cycling

Diaper44

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
Has anyone experienced cycling whilst diapered. Something I’d like to try. Would it cause the diaper to split or leak

While the extra padding of the diaper might feel great at the start, I’m not sure if the diaper padding will hold up due to continuous pounding of the seat against the diaper. While it may not split I would think that the padding would start to separate and without the padding intact you might experience leaks.
While I’d like to try it, I personally would be afraid of having an accident of some sort and then being taken to the hospital in a diaper.

• Haha
Reactions: smolguy, littledub1955 and Diaper44
Kayleigh said:
I personally would be afraid of having an accident of some sort and then being taken to the hospital in a diaper.
This would be true for any activity while diapered outside your home or even inside, If I were to become incapacitated my wife wouldn't bother trying to take off my diaper before the needed help arrived

• Wow
Reactions: littledub1955 and Diaper44
I think I’ve done the occasional short ride in a nappy/pull-up before... probably wouldn’t be the best for riding for several hours, though would have the advantage of minimising toilet stops! If you favour an out of the seat riding style it would probably reduce friction and nappy disintegration.

A cloth nappy might work better, though not sure a full pin-on terry nappy would be the most discreet option :LOL: Obviously waistband visibility and bulk would be a consideration depending on what you wear over it.

Reactions: littledub1955 and Diaper44
I have no experience with cloth, but I suspect it would be a better idea than disposable. I've tried diapered cycling, and now that I'm 24/7, I will probably be giving it more of a go once the polar ice caps retreat from my city.

"thin" and "durable" are key. Thick gets very uncomfortable very quickly, you sweat a lot more and chaffing is an issue. I've had several diapers split vertically down the middle in the back, after rubbing on my pants crotch seam. It chews through the plastic like a saw while you're pedaling. I found they wear less if I spend more time standing on the pedals rather than sitting.

Wear loose shorts. Consider wearing boxers over them to protect them from abrasion down the middle.

Also, clumping varies a lot between different diaper models. Find something that doesn't clump. Maybe a pull-up?

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaper44 and ChocChip
bambinod said:
I have no experience with cloth, but I suspect it would be a better idea than disposable. I've tried diapered cycling, and now that I'm 24/7, I will probably be giving it more of a go once the polar ice caps retreat from my city.

"thin" and "durable" are key. Thick gets very uncomfortable very quickly, you sweat a lot more and chaffing is an issue. I've had several diapers split vertically down the middle in the back, after rubbing on my pants crotch seam. It chews through the plastic like a saw while you're pedaling. I found they wear less if I spend more time standing on the pedals rather than sitting.

Wear loose shorts. Consider wearing boxers over them to protect them from abrasion down the middle.

Also, clumping varies a lot between different diaper models. Find something that doesn't clump. Maybe a pull-up?
Thanks for the advice, I’m definitely going to experiment with different types and thicknesses to see what I prefer

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Of course you could always blame any leaks on 💦 sweat 💦 but I’m not sure that would pass the sniff test. I’ve tried using my Schwinn Airdyne exercise bike fully padded in cloth and even with its old man, fat butt seat it wasn’t terribly comfortable. Also, I don’t think my plastic pants would be able to take the stress for any extended period and I think this would hold true for the waterproof covering of disposables as well. A narrow bike seat, found on many road bikes and some mountain bikes, would only serve to exasperate this stress I would think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaper44
It isn't the most comfortable thing in the world at first, but it can be done. I find you need to strike a balance of absorbency and minimization. Sweat, chaffing, and abrasive conditions are all concerns like everyone else has stated. But it also messes with your seating geometry. You'll end up riding the saddle quite differently (higher up, further forward or back) and may also have pressure issues on the front of the saddle.

All these changes from the increased padding can lead to some painful discoveries. You might experience back pain, leg pains, heat rash, and some nasty chaffing. I also had issues with very uncomfortable and painful pressure on my perineum caused by the angle of the saddle. The wear and tear on your padding is also a major concern, especially if you actually require the protection.

You may have to lower the seat and change the angle of it to relieve these stressors. Once you find the balance of padding and ride geometry, it can be a good experience. I commute by bike during the non-snow season, it took some time and experience to find the best combination of solutions. Once I was able to comfortably ride for commuting I was able to start extending my range to full rides.

Reactions: WillFord384, Jonnythepony and Diaper44
Zeke said:
Of course you could always blame any leaks on 💦 sweat 💦 but I’m not sure that would pass the sniff test.
Who’s going to “sniff test” you when you’ve been cycling anyway? 😂

Anyway, competitive cyclists sometimes wet themselves in the saddle, particularly women who can’t just get the equipment out when they need a wee!

I’ve done it while biking around for errands and it can be fun. when I’m training the slight extra bulkiness can lead knees to angle out thus not tracking vertically. This poor form can lead to knee instability.

short rides = yay
intense rides = nay

Reactions: Diaper44 and ChocChip
Second the aboves. Most time the sweat and constant movement will clump up the padding and ruin in. Avid cyclist here, road mtn, cross. I have worn diapers while playing around my yard/skills course. And Occasionally I’ll wear a pull-up on short commutes.

If you start with a dry diaper you are good if the diaper is already wet you run the risk of exploding the diaper and a noticeable leak... i speak from experience... there was pulp everywhere and a huge wet spot on the back of my sweats... for cycling i would definitely look into some plastic pants for extra protection... its the only time i wear plastic pants...

The "2 year old" sometimes bikes relatively long distance diapered ... the diapers that hold up the best for him on 20+ mile rides are Tykables due to their tough plastic shell .

Last edited:
Zippy38b said:
Has anyone experienced cycling whilst diapered. Something I’d like to try. Would it cause the diaper to split or leak
Yesterday, I messed and went on a bike ride. It was warm and squidgy. Wouldn't do it again, nearly got caughy

I've ridden many a mile on my motorized bicycle in an extended Luvs 6 but have to ditch it or leak after the first wetting.

Back