Cutting slits in a Betterdry 10?

Spadon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey all, I recently posted a (help?) Thread about my accidental size too big order of little kings.

I did want to test something now and found out that it is a (almost) perfect result but wanted to ask one question beforehand.

Is it possible to use a betterdry 10 as a booster for the Little king diaper if I cut slits (poke holes) in it to let it seep through from the one to the other so I can "double up"?

I ask this because I noticed that the betterdry has these little crystal like things in it which presumably absorb everything and turn into a gel like consistency. I am just afraid that something might go wrong if I do end up doing it.

I really want this to work because a betterdry + a large little kings = a really huge and thick diaper which actually works pretty well (and so I don't feel all too bad for accidently buying a size too big...).

Last edited:
Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Vistavision99

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi Spadon, I have done that with two Bettterdrys and oh my they swell beyond belief.
That combo lasted me past 24 hours.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: GatoChihuahua and LittleEnigma

Seasonedcitizen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
People have doubled up to get a longer window between changes. No problem at home but outside someone might notice a bulge if you don’t wear a long coat. When you change, be sure to cleanse your skin well. Diaper rash isn’t the baby experience you want.

• Haha
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, LittleEnigma and Jorelaxed

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Idk. Isn't the Better Dry wider than the LKs. Wouldn't it be more productive to put a more narrow diaper as a stuffer? I've only ever double diapered with the same diaper brand and those were store brand.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua

Vistavision99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This could be a very dumb question, but what is a Betterdry 10? I’m familiar with Betterdry diapers, but I’ve never heard of or know what the ‘10’ denotes.

Spadon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Jorelaxed said:
Hi Spadon, I have done that with two Bettterdrys and oh my they swell beyond belief.
That combo lasted me past 24 hours.
Ok good to know. It just for a little while so that ling is not really necessary 😀

Spadon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Seasonedcitizen said:
People have doubled up to get a longer window between changes. No problem at home but outside someone might notice a bulge if you don’t wear a long coat. When you change, be sure to cleanse your skin well. Diaper rash isn’t the baby experience you want.
Yeah I know. It would only be for home use and I won't wear it that long to get a rash. It's just for the feeling that I want to go for.

Spadon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Nowididit said:
Idk. Isn't the Better Dry wider than the LKs. Wouldn't it be more productive to put a more narrow diaper as a stuffer? I've only ever double diapered with the same diaper brand and those were store brand
I don't think they are. They looked perfectly fine to me. I do have some store brands but it was just for tue thickness that I was going for.

Spadon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Vistavision99 said:
This could be a very dumb question, but what is a Betterdry 10? I’m familiar with Betterdry diapers, but I’ve never heard of or know what the ‘10’ denotes.
Oh I am talking about these ones M10-2.jpg
The M here stands for medium.

Reactions: Vistavision99

GatoChihuahua

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Vistavision99 said:
Maybe these?
Screenshot_20230102-013859.png

Reactions: Vistavision99

Vistavision99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Spadon said:
Oh I am talking about these ones View attachment 98871
The M here stands for medium.
Ah okay! You and I were both thinking of the same product. I didn’t realize they were actually called Betterdry M10. I’ve just always seen them referred to as Betterdry. Thanks for clearing things up. I learned something new today! 😁

ABUMichaelUK

Rep for ABUniverse
Company Rep
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You're better off using a booster like our PowerUps to increase capacity. They sit within the leg guards, are virtually all SAP and don't require modification unlike multiple diapers at once. Plus I've always thought double diapering was wasteful.

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Vistavision99 said:
The BetterDry 10 is the heavy absorbency diaper that most are familiar with.
The BetterDry 7, also known as the BetterDry Day, is lighter absorbency and fairly new to the market.

diaperdawg

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I used to cut a slit (carefully, with scissors, before you them on!!!) in the old green six tape depends to double them up. In that era, there really weren't diapers with more than a 1-2 modest wetting capacity. What worked even better was to carefully cut a 1" wide strip out of the backing all the way down the front and at least 2/3s of the way up the back. This resulted in a pretty solid diaper for the era (could handle two floods or three typical wettings) and very solid control for leakage from the side.

I did this one time with two Rearz violet seductions and drinking a ton of fluids. By the time the diaper was wet and itchy... it could have still held multiple wettings.

Spadon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
ABUMichaelUK said:
You're better off using a booster like our PowerUps to increase capacity. They sit within the leg guards, are virtually all SAP and don't require modification unlike multiple diapers at once. Plus I've always thought double diapering was wasteful.
I get that but it was not really for absorbancy (I don't "use" them as often) but wanted to have an extra amount of thickness.

I will however keep those in mind if I need extra absorbancy though.