Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I am getting ready to move in with my fiance {Who knows full well of my interests}

We were talking about where I would be keeping my things in our new apartment ... space is pretty limited but I don't want to shove it all into the bottom of a box either.

It also cannot be too blatantly baby because we have friends and such we suspect would question such things.

Anyone have good ideas? Or bad idea ... just ideas hehe :]

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Since you're concerned with others seeing it your options are going to be a bit limited. You could get a plastic storage bin and decorate it with stickers. Or what about a toy box? There's wooden ones that could be placed in a bedroom without raising too much suspicion, or more babyish ones that you could put in your closet if you have the space.

These are pretty expensive, but may give you some ideas toy box - Walmart.com

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
children's backpacks? Store in the closet on a hanger, if you don't have much stuff anyway.

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
We have a walk in closet, so it will likely go in there somewhere. The toybox idea is cute ... I'd played around with maybe a small dresser or something. I'm getting quite the collection of nappies going. But outside of that I mostly have pacis and bottles. I'm expecting a onesie here soon ... dying of excitement ;]

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
i made my own bedside table-come-windowseat for about £30:
View attachment 20710
View attachment 20711

of course, you can fit lockable doors and decorate as you like, but the best bit is the best use of space which none of the factory made products can offer.
also, if you look to the right of the bedroom picture, you can see what was the top 'cupboard' part of an old wardrobe set, turned onto it's back to become a chest (i know you don't want just a box, but it's cheap and easy to do).

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
View attachment 20710
View attachment 20711

of course, you can fit lockable doors and decorate as you like, but the best bit is the best use of space which none of the factory made products can offer.
also, if you look to the right of the bedroom picture, you can see what was the top 'cupboard' part of an old wardrobe set, turned onto it's back to become a chest (i know you don't want just a box, but it's cheap and easy to do).

That's rather brilliant

blablafreckenlover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I didn't have anything specific on mind just a general suggestion. You might want to try something that's super obvious and cute, but that can be hidden easily like totes that you can put in a closet or under a bed or a utility closet that no one would be interested in setting everything up in a spare bedroom would work well too. One thing to keep in mind though is that if you are just moving in people will naturally going to want to see every nook and cranny in your house so it would be best to keep them very hidden until the new house craze dies down with your friends. This is also a good time to actually evaluate what rooms in your house people tend to hang out in and better decide which room to be your hidey hole. Again sorry I don't have any specifics to help you here, but I do think these are some things to keep in mind

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I didn't have anything specific on mind just a general suggestion. You might want to try something that's super obvious and cute, but that can be hidden easily like totes that you can put in a closet or under a bed or a utility closet that no one would be interested in setting everything up in a spare bedroom would work well too. One thing to keep in mind though is that if you are just moving in people will naturally going to want to see every nook and cranny in your house so it would be best to keep them very hidden until the new house craze dies down with your friends. This is also a good time to actually evaluate what rooms in your house people tend to hang out in and better decide which room to be your hidey hole. Again sorry I don't have any specifics to help you here, but I do think these are some things to keep in mind

We have already decided its one of the last things that will leave my apartment I reside in now. And even then it will make its debut in a box, at least at first. We expect friends and family will want to open every closet door they can and such.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
View attachment 20710
View attachment 20711

Ade, you're always impressive!

I made for my children, cargo style steamer trunks for when they started university. I also installed a latch so they could padlock them. Every kid need privacy and a place to store and keep "whatever". The footlocker was designed to go at the end of the bed. My daughter now uses her as a coffee table. I made hers out of cedar and put aromatic cedar in it's interior.

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
View attachment 20710
View attachment 20711

That is so cool. I like the red style. It keeps everything enclosed and private. What kind of diapers are those?

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Ade, you're always impressive!
i wish! in my condition, that table, which ought to have been an hour's work, took me a week! (mind you, i was also searching around for scraps of material for the curtain). oh, yeah: it was all done using basic tools; no fancy woodworking gear, here.
if the total price is surprising, it's because the table-top is made from some cut-price pine floorboards which i just happened upon whilst researching. wood is quite expensive over here and there isn't much choice of variety nor quality.

a note for the OP, in my assuming a cost awareness given the circumstances: i've noticed a few people spending on their houses, lately, and if you're thinking about salvaging/scavenging the cast-offs and throw-aways from suchlike, be aware for infestations/damage in the materials and also be aware that contemporary kitchen fittings aren't as sturdy nor as durable as real wood and that regardless of how fancy they appear to be, they're usually just cheap, mass produced items, as you may see if you investigate.
of course, such knowledge comes in more than just practical handiness; for like, when your friend-who's-not-really-your-friend-but-with-whom-you-play-oneupmanship-and-then-bitch-about-behind-his/her-back (yeah, we all do it) brags aout her new kitchen units, you'll be ready armed with, "oh, aye; that's the best bit o' plastic-coated sawdust that i've ever seen. nay doubt about it." :biggrin:

BabyToddler said:
What kind of diapers are those?
Tenaslip in the left of the picture and Moliflex on the right.

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Thanks! I have try the Tena slip maxi. Great diapers. I will have to try the Moliflex someday.

DeftLeppard

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I store all my Paci's and furry badges in an empty Pampers baby wipes tub....

Status
Not open for further replies.