Cut Myself shaving (Male)

I would highly reccomend at least trying a hair removal cream. I use Nair Bikini Cream. It works quite well.
Spread it on, wait about 12 minutes and shower it off. When I was shaving there I didn't use an electric shaver. I used one of the Gillette multi-blade
razors. Still managed to nick myself but not so badly. Then I tried the cream. Been using it since. In this area it's slightly less than $3 a tube

Reactions: Edgewater
There's a simplistic, next to foolproof way to "manscape" down there...I always apply Proraso pre shave balm as that softens hair (I also shave my head...mostly bald up top so why not right?. I then get in the shower and apply the shave cream both places and start downstairs. I ALWAYS am looking at what I can see from up to CLOSELY and what I can't see is fully visible in the big wall mirror opposite my tub/shower. I can't recall the last time I got a nick, honestly, and I attribute that to carefully watching what I am doing along with using the proper equipment...pre shave balm, shave cream and SHARP razors. I use the Gillette Fusion 5 bladed razors for what it's worth.

Being urinary IC I prefer there to be NO HAIR. DRAMATICALLY reduced incidences of odor, rash, irritation etc and I only have to shave down there every 3-4 days whereas my head is every other day at minimum. Well worth the risk in my opinion as I've been doing this for at least a dozen years now.

• Love
Reactions: Subtlerustle and Edgewater
Hell, I've cut myself with Wahl clippers. I've asked my urologist if those cuts can cause problems and he's just told me to apply neosporin, unless for some reason I have a deep cut.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and Edgewater
starpointrune said:
It should heal quickly but buy yourself a body shaver that has a foil. You can shave close with these without cuts!
Do you have any brands that you would suggest or know of that has this foil?

Phillips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7000

Reactions: TigerDL and Edgewater
Sounds like you got lucky. I nicked the bottom of the scrotum years ago and it can bleed a LOT. It was not fun. Hope it heals fast.

dypers4life said:
this was at the left side looking down at the base of the shaft 😫 definitely not fun lol
That's exactly where I gave myself a nice little scar too, from a shaving incident with full size electric clippers and no guard... you only need to learn that lesson once!

Reactions: Joe100000 and Edgewater
TigerDL said:
Do you have any brands that you would suggest or know of that has this foil?
I use a Phillips one

Reactions: TigerDL and Edgewater
CLPP said:
Phillips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7000
Yeah mine is a 5000 series I think.

Back