Curious, how good are typical medical store diapers?

RestrainU4Me

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Has anyone gone into any medical stores to check out their diapers? I’ve never been inside one. Is it just cheap hospital diapers or some good ones?

Curious on the diapers they have. Do they usually have some good diapers like X-Plus, NorthShore, Abena M4 or Tena?

Reactions: Jorelaxed

BlameBaby

✝️"River Valley Ages - Everything U do"✝️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
If your talking like CVS that's ok Walmart they are terribly cheap & you should reconsider buying them online at places that include more polyester in there diapers. Most convenient stores are exactly good for diapers. Convenient. Now medical stores I'm to chicken to even walk in one and put them in my name I'd rather just use a credit card and have them delivered to my front door

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have when I first time I had to start wearing.
They was OK for a bit ,but they wasn't meeting up to my needs !!

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
It really depends what brands they carry, alot of them carry the cheap, low absorbency brand and some do carry Abena, Attends premier which are good and sometimes Molicare

Reactions: Jonnythepony and BlameBaby

BABYTIGERCUB

ABDLIC
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I only buy online and have them shipped the ones at the drug stores are cheap and I had one to many leaks from trying them.

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Depends on area or state some usually carry what state Medicaid pays for & some do carry others. Think Abena, Molicare, & Seni are the only top of line besides attends premier & Tena Supers you used to be able to find unique wellness but seems like most places stopped carry them. The only medical supply store that had any high quality I found on vacation and they ended up becoming a abdl store as well as medical supplies which I do wonder if it's why they are still open because many supply stores have closed if they didn't have a pharmacy. But usually even than they stock what they can sell like one pharmacy I used to use think they still have a pack of Depend but switched to prevail the one I currently use has Tena Classic and few others but nothing I would buy.

PaddedJayde

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I live in the northeast US and when I have been to my local medical supply store a couple of times for support hosiery, I noticed that they carried three brands of adult diapers: Fit Rite, Tranquility, and Tena.

I didn't look that closely at them to see which exact styles were available, but from a little I overheard, they work with insurance companies and in the US, different insurance companies cover different brands, styles, and quantities per month.

I wear diapers when I choose to and buy them online.

Babybear2006

Brandon p
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
There's one by me that sells seni diapers

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
There is a couple here that have abena and molicare and one that has everything you can imagine...but there expensive

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
One here does as well never tried them though

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
My insurance buys me tranquility atns and boosters. Way more than I can use actually...there stacking up every where 😂

Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Most the ones in Oklahoma care crappy blue medline wings or attends or really cheap shit, preval if you are lucky. I have seen tranquility once before. But you are better off putting a few bucks with your money and getting at least some Abena.

KaleidoscopeKitty

Est. Contributor
In the UK medical stores they usually stock some combination of Tena, ID Slip, Molicare and Lille which are all fairly good brands at the higher absorbencies. Occasionally I have seen Abena but not commonly.

TheBob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Medical stores tend to be very expensive.

Diapertoddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Run of the mill depends / tena... about as good as putting a roll of paper towel in your under pants lol

K00paTr00pa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
A couple years ago, you could of found some plastic backed depends fairly easily on the west coast. But now everything is super low quality. Currently the only diapers I'll buy in stores are the Goodnites XL

MikeDJ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I dont find many medical stores with too much good stuff. They mostly carry all the run of the mill cheap medical diapers, lots of underwear and pads, mostly just Depend or Prevail. You usually have to speak with someone to have them special order the better diapers. Theres times I want to just take something off the shelf and buy it right there. Its not that easy nowadays. I have a local pharmacy selling my favorite Dry 24 7s. It was so easy to just run in and pick up a bag not deal with extra on shipping and waiting. Recently though theyve stopped stocking them and they are back to just crappy Depends, Prevail and lots of pads and underwear. Ive told them they should restock them again and said they would get around to it. Ive checked in several times and still none. So Ive stopped checking and going there. It was so convenient at least for a little while.