Culture Clash! How has this lifestyle conflict with other lifestyles in your life?

PapaBear001

Come say hello to Papa Bear!
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I am still hiding so I have not dealt with the religious aspects of my family. How have you gotten through this type of conflict? Maybe it is still there?

PapaBear001

Come say hello to Papa Bear!
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Years ago, I was following the path of Shorin Ryu Karate-do. I enjoyed it and it brought me strength, focus and discipline. As I progressed in the ranks, I found this internal conflict. I would go to the Dojo and build up testosterone and confidence. Then I would go home and tear it all down by regressing; removing all sorts of pride, dignity, confidence; completely emasculating. Then repeat the same cycle a few days later. I would deal with the stress by drinking and other debauchery. Soon I realized that I did not have the metal discipline to do this anymore. I stopped my karate training. It's not like I could stop being aby. Things got better after that. Well at least I was not getting messed up as much. I have no regrets.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
When I was young, I had trouble dealing with wanting to wear and wet diapers. I grew up on the Jersey Shore. I was into sports as were my friends. We all tried to be macho but like you, at night in my room, the desire to be diapered and to feel like a baby conflicted with who I thought I was or should be. Eventually I learned that both could live harmoniously by taking turns, bad when I was with my friends and baby when I was home in my bedroom.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I know there's always a relevant XKCD but I saw this one years ago and it stuck with me. I'm sure he didn't write it for ABDLs but I think it's a solid point. We get to decide how best to make things work. Some conflicts are real but many are fueled by our own insecurities and unwillingness to take risks. Most of the time I've decided to stretch and try to make my life work mesh with my ABDL desires, it has worked out. We can't have it all but we can have a lot more than we often think.

grownups.png

https://xkcd.com/150/

babybobby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm a working professional in the software field. Like the above XKCD article: I get to choose which fucks I give as an adult. I manage people for a large part of my job: I give a fuck about them and their careers. I largely don't give a fuck what they think about me: because that interferes with me being able to objectively coach them. As an ABDL I choose not to give a fuck that I have this fetish which makes me look like less of an alpha to others. I know my truth: I love diapers, and if others knew how good this feels; they might reconsider.

Pardon all the fucks - I'm practicing the art of only giving my fucks to things that matter. (The subtle art of not giving a fuck is a great read, btw)

ORBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I know there's always a relevant XKCD but I saw this one years ago and it stuck with me. I'm sure he didn't write it for ABDLs but I think it's a solid point. We get to decide how best to make things work. Some conflicts are real but many are fueled by our own insecurities and unwillingness to take risks. Most of the time I've decided to stretch and try to make my life work mesh with my ABDL desires, it has worked out. We can't have it all but we can have a lot more than we often think.

View attachment 32538

https://xkcd.com/150/
Yes, we can decide what adulting is.

Kaliborio

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I've stepped back a little from my more publicly exposed professional roles because I am quite heavily incontinent and usually similarly heavily diapered.

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
So, most aspects of my life are NOT diaper or little related. If you were to meet me in real life, you would see a rugged cowboy and most things I do are very testosterone based and masculine. I work out at the gym usually 4-5 times a week and while I am not some macho weight-lifter or body builder, I am pretty well identifiable by this typical non-little and non-babyish persona.

The cowboy culture is not one where acting as a baby, or doing anything babyish is considered acceptable. I was always taught that when I got hurt or something was wrong, to "cowboy up". "Cowboys don't cry". "You fall off a horse, you get back on even if you are busted up". That is the lifestyle. Many other things I do and even my hobbies one would not associate with being ABDL at all. So yes, there certainly is a conflict with these things.

I mean, cowboys are not supposed to be babies right?...

and vice versa.... (Mommy's aren't supposed to let their babies grow up to be cowboys)

...But the interesting thing of this, is that whereas this used to be a real conflict for me, I have grown to be able to realize that while they are different lifestyles, they still are each part of who I am.

I sometimes wear diapers while going out riding and herding cows, working on the farm, and doing even the most "manly" of things. And it actually helps balance me, as there is certainly a very deep teddy bear in who I really am.

The rugged exterior and occupations do not truly identify the more tender and soft part of me, the little teddy bear cowboy within. This is me.

Teddy-DD_Final.jpg

Last edited: