Cuddlz Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Loopygone

So for my 100th post I thought I'd do another review, since my others where well received :).
I'm going to review the cuddlz nappy ( Cuddlz ABDL Adult Nappy Diaper Store ), which I don't see discussed on adisc very much. Its a shame because its one of my fave nappies, and is pretty much a UK version of that classic the bambino bianco (might even be made by the same factory :X).

Cuddlzpackage1.jpg

An 8 pack, and nappy.

As you can see these come in packs of 8, and in multiples there of from the site. The packaging is very discreet, and they are very much AB aware. They are a little pricey, but not much more then other premium brands in the UK. The more you buy the cheap they are, so they're £11.99 for 8 but £39.99 for 40. They also do samples.

Fit
The fit on these are pretty good, it took me a few nappies to get it just right but once I did they feel good. They don't come as high as abenas, reaching just below my belly button. The tape are very close together through, and this can cause issues with getting the fit right. The bottom tape could do with being a little bit lower, but that would also mean increasing the size of the front taping panel. The tapes can be unstuck as much as you like because of the clear plastic front panel, but as soon as you hit the actual nappy it will rip! They are very strong tapes :p. They also come with stretchy waists both front and rear, which helps with getting a snug but not tight fit.
Waistband.jpg

The stretchy waists
Cuddlztape.jpg

Single tapes, but very strong and sticky, just make sure you hit that landing zone
Frontlandingzone.jpg

Front landing zone, its basicly a wide bit of clear plastic.

Absorbency
Cuddlzside.jpg

Down with the thickness.... not as thick as an abena but boy do they swell.
These are right up there with other premium brands for thirstiness. They look a little thinner out of the pack, but they swell up like nobodies business. One can easily last multiple heavy wetting's, and still have room for more. A problem with the swelling is it seems to not wick as well as some other nappies, which can be frustrating when the whole nappy isn't used. They have stand up leak guards as well which is always a plus point.

Look

Cuddlz.jpg

Folded up, they look like... a nappy.
Cuddlzlayedout.jpg

Laid out, they look... like a nappy.
They do look more babyish then other brands, mainly due to the lack of wetness indicators and institutional writings. There are rumours that cuddlz will start making printed ones, but it remains to be seen how good the designs look (I'm not that much of a fan of the bambino's design). I don't know how they compare to babies nappies, since I haven't used one of those in a very long time :p. They are pretty crinkly, the front landing zone adds a lot to this. When wearing (no I'm not going to do a crotch shot :p) I think they look pretty cute, especially the way they puff out round the bum.

The company themselves are pretty good, they are easy to talk to over email should you need to. They always ship discreetly, and you pay shipping by weight, which is good if you only order a small amount. You do have to sign for the package, but its pretty predictable when it will arrive. They use 48hour delivery, so its usually 2 – 3 days from ordering.

That's it I guess, I'm sure others have tried em so feel free to add your thoughts, and any questions ask away :p.

Loopy

Lazy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Wow they might really be the same as Bambinos, which may be good because people other than Americans and Canadians can experience them :D

Coops

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
These look exactly like Bambino. I'm sure someone got the idea "hey all I need to do is find their manufacturer and order some myself with a new name.

Most likely it's a generic diaper maker out there that does an "OEM" style diaper for rebranding.

Good to see that UK and Europe will be able to try Bambino's at a reasonable cost!

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I can't seem to click on any of the links on their site. I keep getting a forbidden http error. :(

WoodlandWanderer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I can't seem to click on any of the links on their site. I keep getting a forbidden http error. :(

Something must have happened to the site. Since It worked fine a few hours ago, but now I'm getting the 'forbidden' error too.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
they don't look EXACTLY like bambinos. it looks like the tapes are closer together, and the landing zone is smaller. but i bet they're made on the same equipment -- if not the same actual piece of equipment then an identical one.

L

Loopygone

Now it's completely down. :-/

Loopy, mind if I copy your review to the wiki?

--Danny :ninja:
Sure, go ahead :). And the site seems to be back up at my end.

they don't look EXACTLY like bambinos. it looks like the tapes are closer together, and the landing zone is smaller. but i bet they're made on the same equipment -- if not the same actual piece of equipment then an identical one.

TBH thats why I thought they where simular to bambino's, because the tapes are so close. From what I've heard the tapes on bambino's are closer together then for example an abri x-plus. Oh well, they're still a great nappy :D

Coops

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

They look exactly like Bambino Bianco Small. I'm wearing one right now and I can tell you that the tapes are pretty much only a few inches apart.

Even the bag they come in is identical. Same manufacturer, different branding.

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Wow, those do look like Bambino Biancos, right down to the pattern pressed on the inside padding.

Possibly Insane

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Same thing. The only difference I see is the instructions on the Cuddlz bags. Makes it more like a baby diaper.

L

Loopygone

Cuddlz did used to sell bambino's for a while, so it is very possible they got a deal set up with the manufacture. They have denied that they're just changing the labels on bambino's (why would they?) but the nappies are so similar that its silly. I do want to get a hold of a bambino just to do a side by side comparison to see if they are the same nappy.

Oh and I'm sure there was a post about making the bags more babyish in here, maybe my mind is off on one :X.

BabyAlex86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Well after talking to Loopy, ive just bought a pack of 16...wish me luck :D

eeyore

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I found them last August, ordered 40 - and still got a few left (I don't wear that much as I have housemates...)

But, they are incredible! To the extent that I might have spoilt myself; I'm too scared to try other brands in case they aren't as good!

It's a shame about the price, but their customer service is speedy and really friendly. And I think I asked them whether they were bambinos, but pretty sure they said they were their own supplier, hence the price drop (they used to be almost twice as expensive)...

Point being, any UK baby on here would be stupid not to try them! I may post my own review on here, or my blog, some time soon - I have a free weekend this weekend...

BabyAlex86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
So I got my 16 pack of Cuddlz nappies yesterday after reading Loopy's review...

So I put one one last night for bed & if you are looking for a real baby nappy this is the one! When I had it on, when I was walking around I was actually WADDLING! :D The fitting was great on me and was pleasantly surprised the thickness of it. Plus the backing where the sides are also being a lot bigger than normal adult nappies are great also.

In the morning I actually went out in one with jeans over the top. Yes you could hear the noise from the nappy but I wouldn't say it was bad. I even went shopping in Tesco's and didn't even give it a moments thought that I might be slightly waddling and that there was noise as well. I had a look around to see if anyone had noticed but no one had, so its all good :)

So my last thought is, even if they are a bit more expensive than other brands, Cuddlz are a fantastic nappy & I will be buying them from now on along with my Tena Maxi Slip nappys :worshippy:

thanksforallthefish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
@BabyAlex

I have just ordered some - rather excited :D!

I also bought the 16 pack, but I believe I will have to pick up from my post office (which thankfully is just opposite me!), so can I ask how big the package is? Also, do you have any photos of the box so I know what to expect? (I get paranoid about these things. Silly I know.)

Status
Not open for further replies.