Crotch, urine smell?

diaperedjustin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Does your crotch have a permanent urine smell from wearing diapers?

I do, and I love it!

Reactions: Lyric and todderhr

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I don't love smelling like urine I keep myself clean

Reactions: Angelapinks, PuffPuffPaci, AshtonFreecss and 5 others

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Nope
Full time IC
Shower daily & a wet wipe / washcloth cleaning between each change

Reactions: SDB2014, Angelapinks and slimjiminy

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I've been shaving down there for a few years as that's an effective way to dramatically reduce odor with wet wipes when you are unable to shower but I've never had any part of my body have ANY diaper related odor after showering. IF I did I'd be buying different soap. I am no fan of needing to wear to begin with but being able to smell in that manner would seriously piss me off.

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
loadedpamperman said:
I've been shaving down there for a few years as that's an effective way to dramatically reduce odor with wet wipes when you are unable to shower but I've never had any part of my body have ANY diaper related odor after showering. IF I did I'd be buying different soap. I am no fan of needing to wear to begin with but being able to smell in that manner would seriously piss me off.
Intresting
when I shave I sweat more
or get "clamy"
don't know if I'd smell less
though would be easier to clean
so just keep things semi trimmed

diaperedjustin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I’m sorry. I posted in the wrong category. I meant to post in Adult Baby.

Last edited:

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
SparkyDog said:
Intresting
when I shave I sweat more
or get "clamy"
don't know if I'd smell less
though would be easier to clean
so just keep things semi trimmed
Interesting. I'm the opposite. If I don't keep the front yard mowed the grass holds the moisture causing me to easily break out in jock itch.
I also wear tighty whities that are snuggled up to the boys which also absorbs the excess moisture.

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Nowididit said:
Interesting. I'm the opposite. If I don't keep the front yard mowed the grass holds the moisture causing me to easily break out in jock itch.
I also wear tighty whities that are snuggled up to the boys which also absorbs the excess moisture.
My hair acts like a heat sink
it whisks the heat & moisture away

diaperedjustin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Nowididit said:
What about the back 40?

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
diaperedjustin said:
What about the back 40?
Very thin lawn back there. No need for mowing, just trimming.

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
certain diaper brands will produce that smell, I've learned to avoid those brands that generate ammonia smell.

Reactions: Angelapinks

chamberpot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
As I drink plenty of water and take good care of myself with every change and a nightly shower I suffer with no odor problems.

Reactions: Angelapinks and NorthwestDiaperDude

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I keep shaved, shower regularly, use regular wipes and 75% alcohol wipes, and occasionally powder with baking soda in the shower. I’m also not 24/7, but there are stretches where I’m majority diapered.

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
diaperedjustin said:
I’m sorry. I posted in the wrong category. I meant to post in Adult Baby.
it shouldn't matter what topic you post in why would you want to STINK!?

• Haha
Reactions: OmiOMy and loadedpamperman

DreamerBen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
diaperedjustin said:
Does your crotch have a permanent urine smell from wearing diapers?

I do, and I love it!
Yes it does smell even after morning shower. I hate it 😡
I guess it's because I very often dribble in the protection. But rarely have major leak accidents. So I have to admit that I spend a lot of time in damp or wet pads. But who changes protection every 30 minutes ? Worst is when outside of home. In that case, I can stay in the same Tena Pants half a day to avoid changing. And change only when mandatory...

Reactions: Deleted member 58550

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
While I totally enjoy the aroma that comes from a well-used diaper and from a leak or two I also enjoy a good hot shower and not smelling that way.

Reactions: chamberpot

SetoKaiba

"My First Words Were Neutron Blast Attack"
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
It varies with me.
I’m an occasional wearer but when I do wear and use I make sure to drink a lot of water to keep it diluted so I don’t have the strong attached urine smell.
I do make sure that in between changes I use wipes with fragrance on them and use cream and powder to help mask it.
It’ll still be there in a subtle way so then after a day or two I’ll take a shower and that resets the skin till I need the water services again.

huggiesthick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I shave, and use tea tree oil shampoo (Equate in the green bottle (make sure it's the shampoo and not the conditioner)). If it's particularly bad smelling, I will use dilute (~10%) bleach water from a spray bottle, which neutralizes any smell immediately and doesn't burn. All of this is done in the shower to rinse off immediately. The dilute bleach works great for PUL and/or nylon diaper covers and saves having to put them in the wash, which makes them last longer.

You can find "Zep bleach resistant sprayers" at Home Depot and Lowes. These are made with plastic and stainless steel and can handle months of storage of bleach.

hbic60

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Being (bladder) incontinent I wear diapers 24/7. I pay attention to drink enough water during the day, so my urine is clear and does not smell. I usually stay in one diaper around 6-7 hours (and around 10 hours in my night diaper), with each change - at home - I wash with a washcloth and soap or, once a day, shower - and of course I use high quality, breathable diapers, ph-neutral and with odor control. Neither myself nor my wife anytime remarks any urine smell coming from me.