Cross dressing in public

GatoChihuahua said:
Circa 1996 I was made up in "drag" to attend a midnight screening of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" by some lovely ladies at Smith College. I shaved my legs for the fishnets and velour minidress, but kept my goatee. I insisted! My makeup artist was not happy, but I was supposed to be attending as a guy in drag, not another woman with five other women.

The ladies wore slips, negligees, night gowns, etc. We rode the bus to the theater, mingled for an hour, watched the show, after-partied, and rode the bus home right before the cracking dawn.
I had no idea what gender fluid meant back then, and had been a long time "partial" crossdresser (since maybe 7 or 8 ) where I might wear heels/shoes, or lipstick, or a blouse, etc. but not all together to "pass".

That was my first public obviously cross-dressed experience. There was some heckling, and I was called the F-word by some teenagers . There's always disapproving glares, where the person prolongs their scowl to make sure you have noticed them glaring, and that you are aware of their "very important" opinion.

This sort of thing will never go away completely (even though it's so much better now), but what has changed are the increased numbers of smiles I see every day. I notice them more and more over the malcontents, and maybe it's because I am more content and comfortable than ever.

I used to be considered a kook, queer, or pervert, but now my ID says non-binary like it's always been an accepted thing.

This is great, loved reading this. I actually just came out to a friend tonight which was liberating and i am so close to going for a walk out of my apartment complex, if i wear a covid mask nobody would even notice however if they spoke to me i dunno what i would do LOL.

I think even if people noticed after 10 minutes they would forget anyway, and im sure they would not recognise me in guy mode. So i really dont know what stops me from going out dressed like this. I suffer from anxiety and i think if i can go out dressed like this then do i really have anxiety...

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, PinkDiaperSissy, rbm and 1 other person
I suffer from anxiety and i think if i can go out dressed like this then do i really have anxiety...

Start small. I started with painted nails and wearing women's underwear. What really helped over the edge was finding friends who were supportive who I could go outside with in full girl mode--strength in numbers and all that. As I gained confidence, as well as a better collection of clothes that fit well, it became easier to just go out in public.

Anxiety is like a dragon. Unless you're very lucky, you won't stab it in the heart on the first try. You have to slay it with a thousand tiny cuts.

• Love
Reactions: Richpip, DownLow, Angelapinks and 1 other person
I recently wore this turtle neck mini sweater dress over jeans to work. I received a few compliments

PXL_20221201_052039984.MP.jpg

So today I wore this outfit:

PXL_20221211_193444889.jpg

No compliments, but I feel free and content like I never dreamed possible!😊😊😊

• Love
Reactions: PinkDiaperSissy, Richpip, ChrisK and 1 other person
PinkDiaperSissy said:
Start small. I started with painted nails and wearing women's underwear. What really helped over the edge was finding friends who were supportive who I could go outside with in full girl mode--strength in numbers and all that. As I gained confidence, as well as a better collection of clothes that fit well, it became easier to just go out in public.

Anxiety is like a dragon. Unless you're very lucky, you won't stab it in the heart on the first try. You have to slay it with a thousand tiny cuts.
Im trying to meet people but i think im looking in all the wrong places, im just looking for friends, be it cis girls or CD just to connect.

• Love
Reactions: PinkDiaperSissy and Samantha
A couple of days ago I met another crossdresser for lunch. This is what I was wearing. The first picture is at lunch at TGI Fridays and the 2nd pic is by my car in the parking lot.
At TGIF.jpgwith car.jpg

• Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Angelapinks, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
Peesalot said:
A couple of days ago I met another crossdresser for lunch. This is what I was wearing. The first picture is at lunch at TGI Fridays and the 2nd pic is by my car in the parking lot.
View attachment 97127View attachment 97128
very nice I hope you had a good time. The farthest I go is underdressing when I can be discrete. I have also gone for a drive wearing woman's clothes top and jeans bra and panties. If you looked you could see the top was a ladies and there was definite bumps on either side of the seat belt.

Peesalot said:
View attachment 97127View attachment 97128
Nice car!!! You look good too, though.

• Haha
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and GatoChihuahua
Everything OK - you can or would have fooled me upon first impression.
After a while even the best CDs betray themselves in some respect.
In most cases a fleeting glance and that is it - no time to do a complete inspection.

One thing though the cross body bag anchored across the artificial boobs -
I am not so sure that women do it that way - more of off one shoulder and
hanging straight down.

BabyTheleste said:
Mummy took me to a park a few miles from home yesterday. (Apologies for distorting my face.) I was a bit nervous, but she told me to be a brave girl.

View attachment 89459
That’s such a pretty dress! 💖

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and BabyTheleste
Reactions: BabyTheleste
Ali123 said:
That’s such a pretty dress! 💖
Aye waiting for Prince Charming to come and kiss the distortion away -
Best to wear a Halloween or Mardi Gras mask -
Then there will be no need for a Photo Adjustment -

And Yes a very pretty dress !

Reactions: BabyTheleste
I’ve been shopping today wearing men’s clothes but with an obvious bra. I love it so much.

• Love
Reactions: Samantha and Angelapinks
babylock1 said:
One thing though the cross body bag anchored across the artificial boobs -
I am not so sure that women do it that way - more of off one shoulder and
hanging straight down.
Actually, as we were shopping today, I noticed my wife had her purse across her body like I did in the picture. But, I agree, it is more often off one shoulder.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
Sometimes im only subtly girly (tight jeans, powerpuff tee) and other times far away from home I will get more Little-girly (but nothing too weird for public) with my outfits. I get compliments more than anything. There are two compliments that really made my day and I wanted to share:

Once in Vermont I was at a pet store and I was wearing white shortalls, a cute pastel yellow tee, and a blue mini backpack. . Girl at counter rings me up and asks the usual questions, am i member, do I want to sign up, buy 3 of these and get x percent off, donate to charity. It was more questions than usual but i gave a polite "no", "no but thanks", "not today". I was feeling cute so I might have used a cute tone. As she rings me up she compliments my unicorn choker that I'm wearing. I was taken aback and hopped up clapping my hands together and said "Thank you" with excitement. As she was done ringing me up she looked at me and said "your vibe really made my day." I reply "huh?". She continues, "your vibe... I was like really sad just now but now I'm happy and I just wanted to thank you." I told her I was glad it brightened up her day. I was confused about what was happening but was glad that just existing could do that.

Another time in the same area (I think i had a similar outfit but with purple socks and pink shoes) I was in a Wal Mart and this woman and college age daughter are walking past me. The mother exclaims "Oh My God your outfit is so adorable!" I thank her smiling and walk along. Later on I am shopping for cute PJ pants. I hear in a whisper "sooo cuuute!" and its the same two people. I giggle back and she goes on " I'm really jelous of your outfit. The choice of colors, I just wish I could pull it off.". I tell her "I didn't think I could either but sometimes you just have to dress on the outside how you feel on the inside." She crosses her hands to her chest and responds "I looove that! yeahhh!" Thinking of the first encounter above, I double down, "seriously, give it a try... spread the good vibes if you have them!" and started to walk away as I had run out of replies. Also, I was expecting people to be more likely to react quite differently to me..... Not compliment me with such excitement.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Seasonedcitizen and rbm
I wear girls Leggings and Thongs in Public. In Winter with UGG-Boots.

Reactions: TrickCyclist, Seasonedcitizen, Richpip and 1 other person
Back