Crib alternative

Harper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ok I have been looking at cribs for a long time. I then started looking at specials needs beds and came across this.

The cost is about the same for a high quality wood crib. I do like that it can be completely closed in what a mesh top. The hidden zip placement can keep you in your bed. Clean up from a leak is easy to clean. I do like some of the patterns also.

Reactions: medfet878, BobbiSueEllen and WillFord384
would get it in a heartbeat if they made it queen size. I can't sleep without Daddy.

Reactions: medfet878 and BobbiSueEllen
It is too close to the floor for me. The higher up I am, the better I sleep. It also makes me feel extra little when I have to jump or climb up onto the bed and I can swing my legs when I'm sat at the edge. I would like it as a den though, but then it would make more sense just to get a sensory dark tent for that. I imagine this would be fun for others though.

Reactions: medfet878, BobbiSueEllen and dogboy
Something like this was in a video on Preventawear. It is a great idea if you want something really different to sleep in that can be secured.

Reactions: medfet878

will cost you a baby arm and baby leg depending the size of your bed.

nah... not realistic enough

Reactions: medfet878 and Cottontail
It looks pretty neat, but definitely more like a playpen than a crib.

Reactions: medfet878 and BobbiSueEllen
Harper said:
Ok I have been looking at cribs for a long time. I then started looking at specials needs beds and came across this.

The cost is about the same for a high quality wood crib. I do like that it can be completely closed in what a mesh top. The hidden zip placement can keep you in your bed. Clean up from a leak is easy to clean. I do like some of the patterns also.
I want 1

Well,
being a sleepwalker and after loosing feeling in legs and foot not functioning correct, i usually use a segufix in bed/sleeping.

That did take some time to get used to, and is restrictive, but not uncomfortable, not like bondage gear or alike.

But, if someone wants/needs to be kept in bed, this is a very good option IMHO.

I know there was something called the soma safe enclosure(think the correct name) that had some issues with entrapment and/or legal issues and seemed to close down, that said, i hope this company doesnt suffer the same fate. This is a viable option for sleepwalking for sure, especially if having other issues like dimensia or higher on the autistic spectrum or even.

Yes, it doesnt look like a crib, but it will most likely perform better than all but like the metal hospital cribs with the tops on them, most ABaby cribs are open and can easily get out, this one seems like it would be difficult to near impossible to get out of quickly without any sorta knife or tools...That said as always this would require 100% supervision but a carer/mom/sitter/etc and extreme caution would be prudent.

Bottom line, it seems to be a good way to keep someone in bed and most likely less to get hurt on than a crib or any sorta hard sides on a bed.

I'd say that if i hadn't already 100% mitigated my issues with the segufix, that i'd get one of these to at least try, I tried a metal crib with top (double bed size), but that felt like being in prison/cold/hard, and wasn't conducive to sleep like the segufix is (being nothing i can hit/hurt/bang) comfortable.

Wanna fall in love? Look at Beds by George. Oh my gosh, the Dream series!

Reactions: medfet878 and WillFord384
I’m not into pooping but a submissiveness fantasy for me would be for me to be kept in one of these all day with my hands bound by mittens.

Reactions: medfet878 and WillFord384
Seasonedcitizen said:
I’m not into pooping but a submissiveness fantasy for me would be for me to be kept in one of these all day with my hands bound by mittens.

Hmm, then how about this crib?

neues_bett_1.jpg

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and sissybaby34
See that last crib looks like a cage to me, or like the utica crib.

Back