Credits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
As you have probably noticed, everyone now has "credits".
These "credits" are earned by things like:
* creating threads which people reply to
* creating threads which get a good star rating
* getting positive karma
* posting
* being active on the forum a lot
* having other active people join the forum who have listed you as a referrer

Credits can also be lost by :
* having deleted posts
* having deleted threads
* having bad karma points

The idea of the credits system is that they're a little mini-game to encourage people to be more active.

In the (long-term) future I hope it might be possible to use them for lurker->newbie->regular->VIP promotions instead of post count. Or, even better, use them to allow people to have fun buying custom titles, colors for their name, etc.

Right now though, they're just a light-hearted game / experiment I'm running :)

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Cooooooolios!

*runs off to try to earn more credits*

baby jester

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
well i was just thinking, what the heck are these things and know i know thanks MOO. and i do like them btw.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh gawd, well at least I'm active enough to make up for the karma part somewhat -_-

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Hmm...
SO I get rewarded for being my awesome self?
Sounds easy enough.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I'm strongly considering changing "credits" to "diapers".

"You have 1,002 Diapers"...

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's a neat concept, and I was just thinking "Neat...what am I supposed to do with them???". That'd be a ton of diapers though... o.o

Cen Aeonis

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I'm all for changing it to "diapers," as well. ;3 It would be...interesting.

I'm also glad/in a mood to flaunt to know I'm in the top 10 (last I checked, anyway).

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
It's a neat concept, and I was just thinking "Neat...what am I supposed to do with them???". That'd be a ton of diapers though... o.o
Well, for one.
You could give them to other members, Put them in a "bank", Buy different fonts, colors, and faces for your user name, play landgrab game

Landgrab:
Like monopoly, but more fun:
You purchase a "property" other users will use this property, you get paid for it (in the diaper currency). First user to buy out all the properties wins. Cool eh? (you can buy out another users property by paying twice as much as them)

Angel-In-Diapers

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think it would be great to be able to use credits for custom-user titles/colors, it could possibly promote activity

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
God, please don't turn this place into Gaia online... that place fails miserably. I can just picture me logging onto here one day, checking out the list of people who are online, and then being bombarded by a rainbow of colours.

Besides, what if someone takes purple and they get mistaken for a mod? Ragh!

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
God, please don't turn this place into Gaia online... that place fails miserably. I can just picture me logging onto here one day, checking out the list of people who are online, and then being bombarded by a rainbow of colours.

Besides, what if someone takes purple and they get mistaken for a mod? Ragh!
I'm sure that'd be quickly remedied. :p

F

FullMetal

Yea...I think this is such a bad idea. We are changing too fast. The old system worked and was completely stable...I don't get why we are adding so much stuff that is so not needed. The fun comes with the forum and out talking to each other, we don't need much more. I like going by: the simpler the better.

FullMetal

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
We don't have a big enough and varied user base to warrant a credits system, to be honest.

Look at a place like gaia online, that actually has a couple of thousand users online at any time. A currency system works there, since there's hundreds of things someone can spend it on. having one here is... kinda pointless to be honest. Custom username colours will only be a hassle, and custom user titles are already available for people with VIP status.

Good in theory, bad in implementation, I've gotta say. It just wouldn't work. We should just stick with the reputation system.

X

xdeadx

Heh, if I had tht many diapers I wouldn't know what to do with em >_<;

Status
Not open for further replies.