Credit card approach? Buying online

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogonu

Contributor
I have a joint bank account with my mom and am considering buying diapers online. I have a credit card but what I need to know is, Will the Item I buy show up on the credit card statement or bill or anything else or will it just be the company? thanks

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't recall ever seeing diapers itemized on a credit card statement. They just list the company name, which is typically something sort of vague (many sites that sell incontinence stuff will have a FAQ section that describes how their billing information appears), but those names can typically be googled by anyone who's curious.

yogonu

Contributor
Thanks That helps. I was thinking Ill buy some of of amazon.com, I will use the "Its a video game excuse".

Entity

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
Personally, I would suggest against doing so if your parents are a little nosy. In fact, always try to use a credit card as little as possible because a credit card is just that: a card that says you'll pay for stuff later. It's very easy to lose track of how much you used it. My neighbors down the street declared bankruptcy because they couldn't keep up with their bills. And my understanding is that the bill gets bigger as the amount of stuff you put on it increases. So please; take my information and use a credit card responsibly and carefully. Its almost like beer: too much of a good thing can be bad.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Entity...I know he said credit card, but I think he ment bank card (debit card). Yogonu, the iteams do not show up on your bank statement. If you want to order from a store that sells diapers, I suggest XP Medical, because that is really discreet name. No one would know that is for diapers unless they looked it up online. Although I think your amazon idea is best since your parents will see the bank statement.

G

gamebaby

well id think thered be a history test it out to see like buy somthing online that way you will know

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
test it out first see if that works
If you want to add something to your previous post please, click on the "edit" button so you can fix your post. I beleive you are able to do that up to 24 hours after posting the post. I am not trying to be anal about it, it is just that double posting can waste a lot of space on th forums if a lot of people started doing it. Thanks.

yogonu

Contributor
Entity...I know he said credit card, but I think he ment bank card (debit card). Yogonu, the iteams do not show up on your bank statement. If you want to order from a store that sells diapers, I suggest XP Medical, because that is really discreet name. No one would know that is for diapers unless they looked it up online. Although I think your amazon idea is best since your parents will see the bank statement.
I did mean credit card not debit. I think my mom might be a little :rolleyes: suspicious if I ordered something from a medical supply store as I do not have any reason to.

Deltaomega

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If you are that worried why not just create a paypal account using that bank #? Your paypal account meaning they cannot see the statements and it works better than a debit card because you don't have to input the information everywhere.

Takes about a week or two to get everything finalized though.

Entity

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
Yes; a paypal account is very useful in situations like this. It is also arguably safer than a credit card as paypal functions as a sort of debit account. On top of that I believe you can clear your account history so as to make it look like you never bought it.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I would suggest waiting till you yourself are in charge of paying your credit bill and you are the only person looking at the bill when it comes. first off things are NOT itemized on your credit card so if you order from xpmedical it will just say that and the amount spent. But the amazon idea is just as bad if not worse than using a discreet online medical place. Amazon is basically a host for a bunch of smaller vendors. So say you order a cloth diaper that is on thier from the alltogether diaper company your bill at the end of the month will say the alltogether diaper co not amazon cause thats the vendor it went through.

ryan

Contributor
An interesting note if you have a PayPal Premier or business account. You have to be from the U.S. and have an account 60 or 90 days but you can generate your own Virtual Credit Cards. These cards are generated on the spot using a PayPal Plugin, made by PayPal. Then, you can just enter the VCC information into the payment field, the amount will be debited from your PayPal account. You can then choose to close the card, or keep it open until you receive your diapers. :)

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
An interesting note if you have a PayPal Premier or business account. You have to be from the U.S. and have an account 60 or 90 days but you can generate your own Virtual Credit Cards. These cards are generated on the spot using a PayPal Plugin, made by PayPal. Then, you can just enter the VCC information into the payment field, the amount will be debited from your PayPal account. You can then choose to close the card, or keep it open until you receive your diapers. :)
You don't have to be from the US to have a PayPal Premier or Business account. I'm from Canada and I can upgrade to either of those options (if I had need of one of them).

But, a regular PayPal account is all you need to make purchases online. It can be backed by a bank account and/or a credit card. Note: Payments made through PayPal on your credit card will show "PayPal *name of business, address of business" So, if you're trying to get away with not having the business name show up on your credit card bill, this isn't going to be a 'work around'. Sorry.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
ive said it a lot, done it many times, and will say it again

American express giftcard
seceret post office box
and getting things shiped to it :)

Duh...

Status
Not open for further replies.