Creativity Spark - How to make your own plastic pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I was curious today and wanted to figure out a way to make your own plastic pants. After experimentation and research, I have yet to find out a way to make a good pair. This does not mean making it out of a trash bag - That would make it noisier and the bag doesn't even hold much, if any at all.

I will take suggestions and ideas, and if anyone has any links of someone already doing this, please hand 'em over.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
In the end it would most likely work out to be alot easier and cheaper to just buy a pair.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
back in my days of improvising diapers from everyday household items i found that plastic wrap made a good waterproof layer. i'd worked out a whole technique using plastic wrap, a towel, a belt, and some baby powder i found with my mom's makeup. i'll give you the specifics if you're interested, but planning and design is part of the fun! ^.^

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
And yet most people at our age can't grab a pair, mainly because they're only available online.
If you are in North America you can buy adult size plastic pants in packs of 2 or 3 at most pharmacies...if not directly in the incontinence product aisle try looking in the medical supplies section (where they keep things like bed pans and urinals (the bottle type not the ones that hang on the wall in mens' rooms). They also used to have them in the Sears catalogue, too. I've seen them here (in Canada) for about $20 for a pack of 3. I wouldn't be surprised if they're as readily available in other places as well (although probably not the UK which seems to have a blockade on all things diaper-related LOL)

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I dunno about making a pair... unless you are really good with a sewing machine and have access to waterproofed fabrics.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I don't know about making them but I have seen a diaper cover called the Salk Sani Pant in several medical supply stores. They are not quite as good as plastic or rubber pants but they are alright for small leaks. If this fails you can always use a trashbag and make holes for the legs in the bottom but you said you didn't want to do this so I don't know what else to tell you. And Ayanna, I live in the US and I have never, ever, ever seen a pair of plastic pants in a pharmacy or drug store. I am really interested in the name of the store that sells them in the US if you could provide that.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I just use a large clear garbage bag. Make two holes in the bottom for your legs and then pull it on and tape it up. Works fine.

Role
Diaper Lover, Other
If you are in North America you can buy adult size plastic pants in packs of 2 or 3 at most pharmacies...if not directly in the incontinence product aisle try looking in the medical supplies section (where they keep things like bed pans and urinals (the bottle type not the ones that hang on the wall in mens' rooms). They also used to have them in the Sears catalogue, too. I've seen them here (in Canada) for about $20 for a pack of 3. I wouldn't be surprised if they're as readily available in other places as well (although probably not the UK which seems to have a blockade on all things diaper-related LOL)
If you're in canada, maybe that is why. If you could list off some stores that are in your area, i might be able to find a few through those names.

Flanders

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I was curious today and wanted to figure out a way to make your own plastic pants. After experimentation and research, I have yet to find out a way to make a good pair. This does not mean making it out of a trash bag - That would make it noisier and the bag doesn't even hold much, if any at all.

I will take suggestions and ideas, and if anyone has any links of someone already doing this, please hand 'em over.
Why not just sew a layer of waterproof material inside a pair of briefs?

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I make disposable pairs of plastic pants out of grocery bags, or more recently garbage bags. Cheap, and your can just throw them out with the rest of the diaper.

diaperguy85

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
just use a new garbage bag. i find the white ones for kitchen usage look best, but the big black ones work great too. just cut a little off the top to shorten it then cut off the corners of the bottom of the bag. be sure to cut them a little undersized so they are snug around your legs. and take your time pulling them up or you will rip the plastic and have to start all over again.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
If you're in canada, maybe that is why. If you could list off some stores that are in your area, i might be able to find a few through those names.
If you're not in Canada (and your postbits indicate you are in TX so I'm guessing you're not in Canada but in the USA), my listing off stores in my area isn't going to help you one iota. We don't have the same stores here in Nova Scotia that they have in Texas (trust me!)!

However, since you are in the USA try SEARS (which I mentioned in my previous post).

EDIT: It seems that, although you can buy (by the case) any number of different brands (Tena, Attends, SureCare, Prevail of disposable incontinence products (pads, underwear, briefs, etc) in the US at Sears, you cannot buy plastic pants there.

You can however buy them at Sears Canada...along with...get this...CLOTH diapers too! (ones that LOOK like cloth diapers...not the underpants with a pad that you can buy in the US)

Check this out...
Priva® Ultra-fit Reusable Briefs
Priva® Vinyl Pants

Further edit: Although the images say "amazon.com" they were taken directly from the Sears Canada website :-D (as you'll see if you click the links)!

Last edited:

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Unfortunately Privas suck! They split their (ultrasonically welded) side seams. They are the most inexpensive brand around. Also their tear strength is poor. After they have been worn a bit the elastic's stitching pulls from the plastic making little holes which rapidly become big holes. Then the elastic parts company with the plastic.

Get hold of industrial shrink-wrap, the stuff pallets are wrapped with. Any industrial supply shop, or furniture movers can supply you. This is easy enough to google. I don't know what a roll costs, I would guess $20-30. Rolls come in different lengths and widths. Self-storage places would have it. Maybe even Walmart. I have found that the black stuff is stickier and shinier than most clear brands.

I have tried to find patterns/sewing instructions on the web but this is harder than finding Abriforms in English High Streets. You didn't indicate if you have sewing skills, either hand or machine or access to a machine. I would think hand-sewing a tough road to take as the materials in question are tricky to handle. Oh, wait, here's an idea: there are plastic trousers of various sorts. You could turn a pair into a boxers or even "v" shaped briefs. Google "rain pants" and you'll see the sort of thing I mean. I have found them in discount stores for under $10. Then you are starting off with an elasticated waist :) Depending on your shape you may be able to pull the cuffs up to mid-thigh and remove the fabric in the middle.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I got a guide......
in my head,
it requires a cheap, thin plastic tablecloth, elastic and optional stretchy material.......

Status
Not open for further replies.