Creative and unusual childhood punishments

feetintrouble

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Do you remember any creative punishments (or "consequences" as they seem to be called nowadays) from your childhood, from home, school, or seeing them happen to others? Here are some I recall. Not all of them happened to me, but I saw or heard of them:

Being made to walk barefoot outdoors, when I kept taking my shoes off. I didn't like that one! I was also a sock refuser, so another time I was made to wear sneakers without socks for a whole day in summer, to teach me the hard way why this was generally a bad idea, and I was made to sniff them. Nothing terrible happened, not even a blister, and from then on, I really liked it! ;) So that one backfired.

When two boys aged 7 were messing about in school assembly, the head teacher wheeled out a pushchair (in front of the entire school), and cheerfully offered them the chance to sit in it, if they were going to "behave like babies".

Another two boys who laughed when being told off were made to laugh in a mirror.

When a child at the zoo was misbehaving "with attitude", her mother pulled her winter hat over her eyes, and kept her blindfolded like that for ten minutes, leading her by the hand, so she missed seeing some of the animals. I wanted that to happen to me instead of her!

When a Sunday school teacher was using a slide projector to tell us a Bible story, I was far more interested in that equipment than the story. The next week I was given the task of operating it, which was presented as a mild punishment, but of course I revelled in it.

I often got into trouble for not doing school work, but if I was ever given extra work or a menial task as a punishment, I used to call the teacher's bluff by doing it as well as I could; sometimes they were clearly surprised.

More of a forfeit than a punishment: a youth group held a sponsored silence, during which we had to sit in a circle and read our books in silence. Any child who spoke was blindfolded for three minutes. Only those who stayed silent throughout got sweets at the end. I got blindfolded at least twice; I was a terrible fidget, and used to talk to myself a lot.

You usually just got whacked when I was kid.
There was, though, a rumour in primary school that one particular teacher would force victims to hold their hands in a bucket of ice and then he'd hit their hands with a coal shovel.
(But where would he get a bucket of ice in 1970s Britain???)

The only strange thing which I ever saw happen was in upper school with a teacher who'd whack you across your knuckles with the edge of one of those metre-long rulers (yardstick?).
I saw that happen at arm's length 😁

I don’t know if you would call it punishment so much. But when I was really young, (early 60’s) I liked to escape our yard, and wander. Neighbors would call my mom, to say they saw me walk past. We had a fence, but it had a gap at the gate. My dad put a board in the gap, that didn’t stop me! So, my mom dug out the harness she used on my older sister and me, when we rode in the pram/carriage. It was a zip a babe harness, and it was impossible to remove yourself. There was a zipper in back, that could not be reached. I had that put on me, and a tether that tied me to the back porch! It was long enough to let me roam the yard, but not escape! There was nothing you could do to get lose of the thing. So I guess it was kinda a punishment, cause I know I didn’t like it. I have vivid memories, of my older sister teasing me, by leaving the yard, to go play elsewhere, and leaving me tugging at my leash, crying. I still have a fondness, for those baby leash/ harness things. 😄
Later, my mom’s standard punishment, was the wooden spoon!
CD947A53-5A4F-4FC2-A1AD-765CCCD89D2C.jpegC877C638-4FF4-41D4-809A-982C9E364EF4.jpeg

Reactions: feetintrouble
Forgetting your p.e.kit and having to do it in your "underwear" needless to say being in nappies and forgetting my pe kit was even more embarrassing than the regular kids punishment. Think this lead to my public humiliation fetish 😂

ade said:
You usually just got whacked when I was kid.
Yeah. That was kind of the standard punishment when I was a kid, too. Some parents (mine) took it to an abusive extreme, but other parents might just offer a swift swat on the butt. Outside of the family, even public school punishments for severe infractions were "swats" with a paddle from the principal or a vice-principal and another adult witness.

Probably the most effective creative punishment ever used on me was at the Catholic elementary school I attended. They didn't do the swat thing, but their "detention" for getting in trouble of any kind was that you stayed after school for 1 to 2 hours and assisted the janitor in cleaning the school, the grounds, and the adjoining church. In fifth grade, I got a three-day detention for not doing my homework. After three days of giving up my precious after-school time to clean toilets, scrub floors, wipe windows, and polish desks, I made sure to never get detention again!

Luvshugs said:
I don’t know if you would call it punishment so much. But when I was really young, (early 60’s) I liked to escape our yard, and wander. Neighbors would call my mom, to say they saw me walk past. We had a fence, but it had a gap at the gate. My dad put a board in the gap, that didn’t stop me! So, my mom dug out the harness she used on my older sister and me, when we rode in the pram/carriage. It was a zip a babe harness, and it was impossible to remove yourself. There was a zipper in back, that could not be reached. I had that put on me, and a tether that tied me to the back porch! It was long enough to let me roam the yard, but not escape! There was nothing you could do to get lose of the thing. So I guess it was kinda a punishment, cause I know I didn’t like it. I have vivid memories, of my older sister teasing me, by leaving the yard, to go play elsewhere, and leaving me tugging at my leash, crying. I still have a fondness, for those baby leash/ harness things. 😄
Later, my mom’s standard punishment, was the wooden spoon!
View attachment 54483View attachment 54484
I think I would have liked to be in one of those harnesses, I never was. In the UK, parents are often very divided on the use of "reins" as they are known. One camp will say "children are not dogs"; the other will refer to their "bolters", and say "better dogs than dead children".

Last edited:
Reactions: Luvshugs
feetintrouble said:
I think I would have liked to be in one of those harnesses, I never was. In the UK, parents are often very divided on the use of "reins" as they are known. One camp will say "children are not dogs"; the other will refer to their "bolters", and say "better dogs than dead children".
Harnessed as a kid. I harnessed my kids and especially the grandson. He would run if given a chance. He took off once while in the harness and on a leash. I yelled stop and he didn't. Next thing he was on the ground when the leash ran out. We were about 20 feet from a parking lot.

Reactions: Luvshugs
feetintrouble said:
I think it’s always been a kind of tug of war, over the acceptance of putting a child on a leash, or reins. I do believe, the use of reins, has gone over better in the UK though.
I know at the time, I didn’t appreciate my harness, at least some of the times. But, as an adult, and for safety sake, if needs be for child’s safety, I’d use one 100% of the time, I don’t care what others don’t like about them.
I wore one, in the pram, or carriage as they say here in the US, my stroller too, and as I said, I wore one to keep me in the yard. But, I don’t think I ever wore it when we were out at the shops, etc. I don’t remember having worn it then?

Ukiwa said:
Yeah. That was kind of the standard punishment when I was a kid, too. Some parents (mine) took it to an abusive extreme, but other parents might just offer a swift swat on the butt. Outside of the family, even public school punishments for severe infractions were "swats" with a paddle from the principal or a vice-principal and another adult witness.

Probably the most effective creative punishment ever used on me was at the Catholic elementary school I attended. They didn't do the swat thing, but their "detention" for getting in trouble of any kind was that you stayed after school for 1 to 2 hours and assisted the janitor in cleaning the school, the grounds, and the adjoining church. In fifth grade, I got a three-day detention for not doing my homework. After three days of giving up my precious after-school time to clean toilets, scrub floors, wipe windows, and polish desks, I made sure to never get detention again!

Oh, tell me about Catholic elementary school. My parents whacked me, but not the Catholic school. I went to Catholic school from 6th to 8th grade. Punishments galore in other ways. In my school then (1987 to 1990), every time you missed doing a homework assignment, you got a pink slip, called a missing assignment slip listing the homework assignments you missed and your parent had to sign the slip. 3 missing assignment slips got you a 30 minute detention in a teacher's room. The teachers from kindergarten to 8th grade rotated duties on having the detention kids. You couldn't get a detention for missing assignments if you were under 4th grade. I got SEVEN detentions in 7th grade, and 8 detentions and an in school day suspension in 8th grade! I have pretty bad Classic Autism and ADHD (but teachers didn't know it then, not much was known about Autism in the 1980s) and a lot of times I would forget to write all my homework down. For some reason, I spaced my detentions enough that I kept getting a few teachers again twice or three times. There was this kind African American Catholic sister that taught first grade. One time I had detention with her, and she was looking at my white detention slip. The slip had "this is your child's (circle number) 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th detention". They didn't even have past that because they didn't believe that any child would get more than 4 detentions in a year. So my teachers had to write in 5th, 6th, etc in ink. So the first grade teacher nun said "this is your fifth detention, P (my name)......What seems to be the problem? Why are you getting all these detentions" gently. I said "I don't know, I just forget to write all my homework down" and she said "Yeah, but my first graders don't even miss that many missing assignments". I asked her "how do you know that?...they don't get missing assignments for not doing their homework". Keep in mind I was in 8th grade by this point. She responded "Yes, I know that they don't get detentions or missing assignment slips, but if they miss too many assignments, I call their parents after a point". I thought to myself, wonderful. That teacher ended up getting transferred to another convent,down in Southern California shortly after I graduated and she passed away at age 35 in a car accident in 1993. 😥

I knew ALL the children in the first grade. There were 2 classes in each grade. So the nun taught one, and Mrs. A taught the other 1st grade classroom. Also since I was in 8th grade, the 1st graders were our "prayer partners" (I was paired up with a little boy) and we sat with them in mass in church at school. So I knew them all. I knew some first grade 6 year old girls who wore those plaid suspender skirts or the plaid one piece jumpers, some wore T strap shoes (this was in Fall 1989 and Spring 1990), and were hardly bigger than preschoolers. Very cute but apparently they were better at completing their homework than me. I went to on site after school daycare in Fall 1989, and I had this little friend who was 4 years and 10 months old (turned 5 in late October). Very sweet kid, we did our homework together, watched TV together, talked together, played computer games together (I think it was Atari...you had to have a partner to play), and so on. Not everyone is always understanding of me with my Autism but this little girl was. Kindergartners also had free dress and didn't have to wear uniforms so sometimes she wore really cute dresses and T strap shoes and Mary Janes. She was basically a preschooler. The scary part is that she was more responsible finishing her homework than me and could remember to write down them. Probably even her kindergarten teacher was baffled me, the 8th grader who interrupted her kindergarten class while she was teaching saying he (me) was ready to look after the kids at brunch, and lacked social skills and didn't have good eye contact and whose attention span was worse than a 5 year old's attention span.

I nearly got expelled out of Catholic school for missing assignments in 7th grade for having 4 detentions due to missing assignments from September to November 1988. I was on probation during 7th grade. It's lucky the principal, who was a nun, liked me. My parents were seriously looking / shopping around for another private school to go to if I got expelled.

I almost kept behind 1 year in kindergarten and everyone in the school thought I should redo kindergarten again in 1982. I caused that many problems. Not that I was aggressive or a bully. I was sweet and kind, and always have been. But I would wander off to the other side of the kindergarten and ignored my kindergarten teacher while she had all the kids in a circle. Or I interrupted them.

I should have just stayed the size of a 4 year old and should have stayed permanently in preschool. I was never able to hold down a job longer than 3 months. I almost deserve to go back to preschool.

Some people with Asperger's even think I act like a 3 year old, as well as some of my old college instructors. I'm not really an adult baby, I don't wear diapers. I have some childhood leanings (I love long-alls and T strap shoes). I act like a little kid 95% of the time without even knowing I am acting like one. I don't think I have ever acted like an adult. 😥

- Longallsboy

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo
I can’t remember any creative punishments but I had this rule during my time at school. The rule is that I am not allowed to play video games during the school week, the times when I was allowed was a Friday evening, the weekends, holidays and special occasions. This rule was enforced by my parents from Year 5 up until I started Year 10 when I my parents deemed that I was responsible enough and abolished the rule.

Last edited:
DiaperAxolotl said:
I can’t remember any creative punishments but I had this rule during my time at school. The rule is that I am not allowed to play video games during the school week, the times when I was allowed was a Friday evening, the weekends, holidays and special occasions. This rule was enforced by my parents from Year 5 up until I started Year 10 when I my parents deemed that I was responsible enough and abolished the rule.
You mentioned about year 5 to year 10. I assume you are from the UK / England. Did you have uniforms in infant school (we call it kindergarten, 1st grade here) or in primary school? You did mention you went to a Catholic school, but didn't say how old you were. I went to public school from kindergarten to 5th grade, but went to Catholic school beginning in 6th grade because I got bullied too much by 3 bullies and my parents didn't like that. In 6th to 8th, all boys in 1st to 8th wore white shirts, navy blue corduroy pants (to this day, I am not crazy about corduroy and actually like gingham longalls much more than corduroy ones), and we had blue (option of red) school sweatshirts too that had our school name and mascot. Older girls wore white shirts with plaid skirts, and I already mentioned about the little girls (3rd grade and under) wearing plaid skirts with suspender straps, or also another option was a plaid jumper (jumper in UK means sweater, but I'm referring to a one piece thing that looked like a pinafore or a romper). Kindergartners had free dress, they could wear whatever they wanted. We did have days the entire school had free dress, though not very many.

My question though is did you have a uniform? Were you required to wear short pants? I know in England, it is considered a rite of passage to wear long pants as only older secondary school kids usually wear them. Here in the USA, I don't see what's the big deal. Adult men wear short pants all the time here. Were there a lot of boys in infant school or primary school that wore T strap shoes when you went to school? Did any little boys at school wear Mary Janes? I know Prince William and Harry wore T strap shoes and Mary Janes as preschoolers in the mid 1980s and they were all made by Start Rite. I've seen photos of boys 10+ years old that wore T straps in England, so just wondering. Did you ever wear other uniforms other than shirts and shorts if you did? Rompers? Overalls? Long-alls? Just wondering.

- longallsboy

The good noodle board

as much as this is a joke any kid that has seen that episode will be Traumatized if that was implemented

longallsboy said:
You mentioned about year 5 to year 10. I assume you are from the UK / England. Did you have uniforms in infant school (we call it kindergarten, 1st grade here) or in primary school? You did mention you went to a Catholic school, but didn't say how old you were. I went to public school from kindergarten to 5th grade, but went to Catholic school beginning in 6th grade because I got bullied too much by 3 bullies and my parents didn't like that. In 6th to 8th, all boys in 1st to 8th wore white shirts, navy blue corduroy pants (to this day, I am not crazy about corduroy and actually like gingham longalls much more than corduroy ones), and we had blue (option of red) school sweatshirts too that had our school name and mascot. Older girls wore white shirts with plaid skirts, and I already mentioned about the little girls (3rd grade and under) wearing plaid skirts with suspender straps, or also another option was a plaid jumper (jumper in UK means sweater, but I'm referring to a one piece thing that looked like a pinafore or a romper). Kindergartners had free dress, they could wear whatever they wanted. We did have days the entire school had free dress, though not very many.

My question though is did you have a uniform? Were you required to wear short pants? I know in England, it is considered a rite of passage to wear long pants as only older secondary school kids usually wear them. Here in the USA, I don't see what's the big deal. Adult men wear short pants all the time here. Were there a lot of boys in infant school or primary school that wore T strap shoes when you went to school? Did any little boys at school wear Mary Janes? I know Prince William and Harry wore T strap shoes and Mary Janes as preschoolers in the mid 1980s and they were all made by Start Rite. I've seen photos of boys 10+ years old that wore T straps in England, so just wondering. Did you ever wear other uniforms other than shirts and shorts if you did? Rompers? Overalls? Long-alls? Just wondering.

- longallsboy
I don’t think I ever said that I went to a catholic school, I went to a special needs school from year 5 up until year 11 where I moved onto college afterwards. Our uniforms are similar to what is drawn in this picture and there wasn’t a restriction on what to wear for trousers/shorts/skirts, depends on the time of year really. Plus I don’t think that uniforms are mandatory in nurseries, only when you start school really. Most schools in the UK have uniforms.1D107478-6395-440B-A5C6-B6B0E67ADAC5.jpeg

My parents were pretty uncreative when it came to punishments, as I recall. When we were little, it was either "go to your room," or in more severe cases, a spanking. The wooden spoon was often threatened, but never used. We were always spanked with an open hand. Schools here were also permitted to paddle students for misbehavior (this was in the 1980s), but I never received a paddling. I can remember one boy being pulled out of class after intentionally destroying several books during library. He returned about an hour later looking very red-faced and watery-eyed, and admitted during recess that he'd been paddled. We were all astonished, as paddlings were very unusual.

By the time I was in my teens, the usual threat from my parents was, "...Or I'm going to give you a chore." The chores were usually common household stuff. During the summer, they might include pulling weeds or other yard work. My friends' parents had similar ideas, it seemed. I can remember one friend's dad punishing him by handing him a hammer and telling him, "Go out on the porch and pound down any nails that are sticking up!" They had an enormous multi-level porch. He and I met for drinks a couple of years ago and had a good laugh about that one.

DiaperAxolotl said:
I don’t think I ever said that I went to a catholic school, I went to a special needs school from year 5 up until year 11 where I moved onto college afterwards. Our uniforms are similar to what is drawn in this picture and there wasn’t a restriction on what to wear for trousers/shorts/skirts, depends on the time of year really. Plus I don’t think that uniforms are mandatory in nurseries, only when you start school really. Most schools in the UK have uniforms.View attachment 61290
Did you wear T strap shoes in infant school or primary school, though?

Oh yeah, you didn't say you went to Catholic school, it was Ukiwa. Sorry my bad. You did mention you wore T straps at age 3 though. - Longallsboy

Last edited:
longallsboy said:
Did you wear T strap shoes in infant school or primary school, though?

Oh yeah, you didn't say you went to Catholic school, it was Ukiwa. Sorry my bad. You did mention you wore T straps at age 3 though. - Longallsboy
Don’t think I did, I think it was casual clothes until your 5.

I remember in school that if you were caught chewing gum, you had to place the chewed wad of gum on the end of your nose. Maybe that’s why I don’t chew gum even today. LOL

A little spin to the above question, my Hubby (Daddy in private) is the king of creative punishments. He posts a weekly calendar in which I earn smilie stickers for good behaviors or frowning stickers for bad/bratty behaviors. If the bad stickers are greater than the “good girl” stickers at the end of the week, then I reach into a bowl labeled “Naughty Girl” and pull out a slip of paper showing me my punishment. However, if I receive more good girl stickers than bad, I reach into the bowl labeled “Daddy’s Good Girl” to see my reward.

Granted, many outside our kink community wouldn’t understand why I put up with it, but to me it just adds a different element of fun to our relationship. Awards have been things Ilike — gift cards to my favorite stores, a massage or in one case he hired a maid for the day to clean our house. My punishments have been all over the map. I have been made to sit in the corner on my timeout stool, diapered, with a butt plug seated deep into my rear. Bondage of all types is a favorite punishment that he likes to use on me. …like the time he chained one of my ankles to the bed at night ensuring that I had to use my diaper during the night. He loves locking me into plastic panties and has recently ordered “locking bondage shorts” from Etsy that effectively keep me diapered while he is at work. These are only a few of the good and bad rewards and punishments, but hopefully gives you a snapshot of our kinky relationship. No matter what the punishment, the after care he provides makes any of his punishments worth enduring.

Reactions: harrydiapers
I would either get yelled at very seriously, or a firm spanking depending on the situation.

We would know when the spanking would be coming because my parents would walk right towards the paddle they used, and we'd get scared but wouldn't really try to avoid it too much.

DiaperAxolotl said:
Don’t think I did, I think it was casual clothes until your 5.
My bad!! I see now it was member Feetintrouble that said he wore T straps at age 3, not you. Different post too. So sorry. 🤷🤪😱🤦

I remember the gum on the nose thing, but I was never a gum chewer but my sister got it for sure.

The only odd punishment I remember getting was being locked in a dark closet in Kindergarten for some imagined offense of a sixth grader they left to watch the class because the teacher was tied up getting ready for a school assembly. This, I believe, is the origin of many of my punishment fantasies. The only thing I can remember getting in high school was detention.

My parents always threatened a bare bottom spanking, but I don't recall ever getting one. Sent to my room, no TV, no car, no whatever was the usual round of punishments.

As for things thought to be punishments that didn't really end up being one. I remember in high school once I corrected a teacher who made a mistake on something. He threw me the chaul and said "OK, then you teach it." So I did. I thought it was fun and so did the class.

Back